21 hours ago, Timo B. said:

Any news? or things to show?

Asking for updates on this forum is considered spam. As modding is a hobby sometimes people have other obligations come up.

• Thanks 1

i would be statisfied with a No. But i'll keep it in mind.

Admiral Grigorovich-class Frigate (Russian) ... colors will be look different when I'll add RVMAT files ... still need a lot of work but it is in game and sailing ... 

dwvpyb.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

If possible please have an option for the ships to have Greek, Russian and Turkish flags! Since they represent the countries navies after all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnKalo said:

If possible please have an option for the ships to have Greek, Russian and Turkish flags! Since they represent the countries navies after all. 

Not possible for the moment due to game engine restrictions but we'll work further on that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2wp4d3c.jpg

20igmkw.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Hope they will have searchlights/spotlights too. They will help :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I did not mean searchlights/spotlights for the AA.

I meant for the ships.

Like when you search for someone who is in trouble.

Maybe, but i'm not sure how many times that would happen in arma, with the night vision etc.

No searchlights (at least for the moment) ... modern ships have radars in order to locate anything around them ... if we are talking for the case a sailor will fall in sea and must be rescued ... then you are looking in wrong mod ... 

Anyway ...

These ships will have:

Anti-Missile Defence system - missiles to missiles and fully working CIWS against incoming threats

Anti-Ship system - missiles against other ships

Sonar System - for either ships or submarines

Torpedoes System - against (again) other ships or submarines

Anti-Air Capabilities - using missiles and CIWS (only when auto-Defence System not used)

Cruise-Missile System - Missiles to fire against ground targets which you fire and then start chasing them via spectator camera to see how lovely they fly :)

Artillery Computer - No more cannon for the deck gun on most of the ships. They will work as artillery

Boats - will be used by human players (cargo and crew) moving themselves into boats and get out of the ships (suitable for MP missions) - animations included for boat cranes.

Helicopter Landing - size suitable helicopters can be land on back deck and either unload people on ship as cargo or pick up people from ship cargo compartment (all these scripted as there is no capability to walk on ships yet).

AIs controlled ships - when a ship is solely controlled by AI crew, it will react against any other threat (ship or submarine) while will also perform evasive maneuvers.

Finally ... a Support ship is available to serve Ships and Submarines to re-supply with Ammo - Fuel as also provide Repair on them.

For the moment these are the parts we have working on this mod and we are trying to improve them as possible every day.

• Like 6

so about that Boats section on your post, so will i be able to transport cars, trucks, tanks, on these ships, and will there be any amphibious assault capabilities on these ships.

5 hours ago, br3br3br4 said:

so about that Boats section on your post, so will i be able to transport cars, trucks, tanks, on these ships, and will there be any amphibious assault capabilities on these ships.

I never said something like that .. boats will be used ONLY by human players - teams in order to leave the ships and continue or start some mission ... so no vehicles transportation (there are no transport ships anyway - yet).

On 18.07.2018 at 1:28 PM, Αplion said:

No searchlights (at least for the moment) ... modern ships have radars in order to locate anything around them ... if we are talking for the case a sailor will fall in sea and must be rescued ... then you are looking in wrong mod ... 

Anyway ...

These ships will have:

Anti-Missile Defence system - missiles to missiles and fully working CIWS against incoming threats

Anti-Ship system - missiles against other ships

Sonar System - for either ships or submarines

Torpedoes System - against (again) other ships or submarines

Anti-Air Capabilities - using missiles and CIWS (only when auto-Defence System not used)

Boats - will be used by human players (cargo and crew) moving themselves into boats and get out of the ships (suitable for MP missions) - animations included for boat cranes.

Helicopter Landing - size suitable helicopters can be land on back deck and either unload people on ship as cargo or pick up people from ship cargo compartment (all these scripted as there is no capability to walk on ships yet).

AIs controlled ships - when a ship is solely controlled by AI crew, it will react against any other threat (ship or submarine) while will also perform evasive maneuvers.

For the moment these are the parts we have working on this mod and we are trying to improve them as possible every day.

Two more points

Cruise-Missile system - Missiles to fire against ground targets which you fire and then start chasing them via spectator camera to see how lovely they fly :eyeheart:

Artillery Computer - No more canon for the deck gun. They will work as artillery

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Two more points

Cruise-Missile system - Missiles to fire against ground targets which you fire and then start chasing them via spectator camera to see how lovely they fly :eyeheart:

Artillery Computer - No more canon for the deck gun. They will work as artillery

But, what about if we want to use the deck gun to destroy another ship? It will be impossible to hit a moving ship with the artilley computer

in RL ships do not engage such battles like in pirate of caribbeans most of the time. They use their Antiship missiles and torpedoes as engagements are happning in longer distances.

Still if you want to use your deckgun, you can still do it with page up and down buttons although not that comfortable like a standart canon but still would do the trick

@Devastator_cm The ANZAC class frigate in CUP has a 127mm cannon that fires on surface targets and can also be used for shore bombardment using Drongo's artillery. The CUP config might be worth a look?

Love your work guys!

• Like 2

Also ... a Support ship is available to serve other Ships and Submarines on re-supply with Ammo - Fuel as also provide Repair on them if needed.

• Like 5

CUP config actually works pretty poorly with AI. It's a hack that prevents the gun from working with vanilla artillery modules.

Given the limited utility of the direct fire mode for naval arty, I'd say artillery mode will be best.