Sign in to follow this  
SAVFOR

Arma 3 inventory idea

Dear developers!

Time to do a small but useful change on the player inventory.
Would be fine if a 2nd rifle can be carry on the place of rocket launcher. If i don't want to use rocketlauncher it's empty place, useless now.
This change add some tactical features to the player, who can carry 2 rifle at the same time. For example one rifle to the close combat, than another one to sniping.

Please support this idea, it is really missing, and may not complicated to do. ;)

I hope this will be supported,

SAV

• Like 5

On 24.8.2017 at 11:18 AM, SAVFOR said:
Dear developers!

Would be fine if a 2nd rifle can be carry on the place of rocket launcher. If i don't want to use rocketlauncher it's empty place, useless now.
This change add some tactical features to the player, who can carry 2 rifle at the same time. For example one rifle to the close combat, than another one to sniping.

Please support this idea, it is really missing, and may not complicated to do. ;)

SAV

Small and useful change? For wasteland/koth players maybe.

Carrying 2 rifles, with sufficient ammo for each, accessories like scopes and bipods really add up in weight unless you're playing with fatigue disabled.

There's plenty of multi purpose rifles in game that have a high rate of fire, high range and accuracy while being rather compact with a decent recoil, namely the Mk18-ABR, Rahim 7.62 and the type 115, which has a ridiculous low recoil for a .50cal.

Know your rifles and use them to their capabilities, you'd be surprised.

The only situation where this would make sense would be to have an additional shotgun to clear buildings so you can quickly switch to it instead of having to open your backpack and even dispose your main weapon somewhere because it wouldn't fit in any of the backpacks.

You could always put a rifle into a backpack, which puts you into full fatigue by having a barebones MXC in the coyote backpack, and a barebones lynx currently equipped.

It's more viable to pick a weapon for a specific role and let other roles be handled by your squadmates since arma isn't about being a one man army with a red headband weilding a m-134.

Cheers

There is only one situation where I would support it: Grenade launcher. In A2 I loved the Milkor MGL, but it's just no fun if you can't have a backup rifle. You'll have to stuff up with grenades and hope not to run out mid-battle. Every grenade has to hit.

On the other hand, might as well make the grenade launcher use the rocket launcher slot. That would already do it for me.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lexx said:

There is only one situation where I would support it: Grenade launcher. In A2 I loved the Milkor MGL, but it's just no fun if you can't have a backup rifle. You'll have to stuff up with grenades and hope not to run out mid-battle. Every grenade has to hit.

On the other hand, might as well make the grenade launcher use the rocket launcher slot. That would already do it for me.

Good point, only thing that comes close are the MX rifles with the 3GL, being able to fire 3 rounds within short succession of each other is as close to a dedicated grenade launcher as it gets.

A pity there's no shotguns and grenade launchers like in A2.

Cheers

• Like 1

Realistically speaking, it's no problem to carry one rifle in your hands, and another one on the back. A typical loaded standard issue rifle weighs about 4-5 kgs. However, there are so many practical reasons to why one wouldn't do it. Here's to name just a few:

• Higher ammo/magazine capacity for your weapon if you only opt for one firearm.
  • Less micro-management, fewer distractions. If you've ever operated firearms, you know that keeping tabs on mag-count, etc is hard enough with just one weapon.
  • Less cumbersome. You are more agile with one weapon. Anyone who has ever run with a rifle strapped on their back knows it will bash the back of your skull every now and then and get stuck in all kinds of vegetation.

However, I agree that in real life, there is nothing that says you can't strap yourself like 1980's Arnold style, packing a personal arsenal. Cool for movies, not so effective though.

If we are talking about game balance, I don't see a real problem here. As long as we have the launcher slot, players will still be able to arm themselves as a one man army (carry a machine gun for primary, a guided missile launcher, grenades, C4 and a revolver) if they like. So what's the difference?

Well, actually, having two "primary weapons" will enable players to prioritize CQB when needed, and long range combat when not. But remember guys that are already crying "IMBALANCE!!!!"... This means they have probably 1/2 of the ammo for either situation AND they can't use anti tank OR anti air weapons..

To be quite frank, I can't understand why this hasn't been thought of before?

Like some others here already have said. Many situations call for a guy to bring a breaching shotgun or grenade launcher. Would be nice to see this :)

• Like 2

It has been thought of now an then since OFP times. Also some addon-hacks was made. Nothing unrealistic imho and it should be there as an option. Ofcourse weight will play a role, but that should be up to the individual player to choose how much he will carry.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, andersson said:

that should be up to the individual player to choose how much he will carry.

Indeed.

o42iq8Y.jpg

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, andersson said:

Ofcourse weight will play a role

Cheers :)

On 28/08/2017 at 8:07 AM, andersson said:

It has been thought of now an then since OFP times. Also some addon-hacks was made. Nothing unrealistic imho and it should be there as an option. Ofcourse weight will play a role, but that should be up to the individual player to choose how much he will carry.

Sure! It's always a good thing to extend the possibility of Arma's engine, here inventory. Let players/writers have their choice. Scenarios are so various!

In parallel, there is probably something to do with the ability for everyone to pick and use any missile launcher (not coded, non-destroyable, ready).

• Like 1

On 24.08.2017 at 1:18 PM, SAVFOR said:
Dear developers!

SAV

Good words! Great idea. Since the 2013 days, I dream about this and the lack of such a capability Arma3 looks like nonsense

On 26.08.2017 at 1:14 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

The only situation where this would make sense would be to have an additional shotgun to clear buildings so you can quickly switch to it instead of having to open your backpack and even dispose your main weapon somewhere because it wouldn't fit in any of the backpacks.

I think that you are wrong. There can be much more situations. You are talking about situations, where two rifles lie in front of the player and this player, before the fight wants to take two rifles with him, collect full ammunition for both weapons and go into battle!   Perhaps there are such users also, but even I do not want this! However, such an opportunity should be in the Arma3, at least because it can exist in life.  In addition, there can be many situations where it will be usefull and make the gameplay more interesting!

Imagine a simple and realistic situation - you were on the battlefield and you were left with only one incomplete magazine in your primary weapon. May be few bullets, not more 5-12.  Now you have to look for additional weapons, because you are being fired. Survival moment!!!
And now you see a enemy rifle under your feet, you raise it and see that this rifle also has only not full magazine! Near the corpse there is no ammunition!  You need to get to the point of evacuation,  In this case, the player will be able to use two rifles for survival and this can increase his chances!  In this case this ability - will be a super necessary opportunity. 

In addition to the above, there may be many reasons to use ability of carry two primary weapons, but there is no point in listing all of them here and now.

I would very much like to have this ability in Arma3, because also it would be possible to add new classes of soldiers carrying 2 primary weapons at the same time.

For example:

1. Carbine and heavy Sniper rifle.
2. Carbine and light sniper rifle(with supressor).
3. Carbine and shotgun (as you already mentioned)
4. Carbine and light machine gun(especially suitable for bandits).

Such options could make classes of fighters more diverse

• Like 1

This was suggested so much times even by me. I even think that devs themselves said that it's not gonna happen due to engine limitations. I think there was even mod for that.

On 28/08/2017 at 7:29 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Indeed.

Cheers

Wait, no parachute?

There are already scripts out there that handle 2nd primary & handle it well.If anything,I'd like to see melee weapons like a knife added.There are scripts out there that already handle ???? but  do not  do it very well.Also,as far as breaching,some good weapon mods out that provide M4 masterkey.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joostsidy said:

Wait, no parachute?

Parachute backpack is inside the bergen backpack of course.

Along with 4 more AT missiles.

Cheers

• Like 1

On 29/08/2017 at 2:29 AM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Indeed.

Cheers

No Ghillie suit... doesnt count. 

• Like 1

On 03.11.2017 at 8:59 PM, danny96 said:

This was suggested so much times even by me. I even think that devs themselves said that it's not gonna happen due to engine limitations. 

it looks very strange the fact, that mod makers can implement it in arma, but developers can't. Before long, I have seen these mods, but I would like the BIS finally implemented this in the vanilla game and combining with game AI.

As seems to me,  such an upgrade would be a great improvement for an upcoming  DLC TacOps!

@Bis, please implement it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mickeymen said:

it looks very strange the fact, that mod makers can implement it in arma, but developers can't. Before long, I have seen these mods, but I would like the BIS finally implemented this in the vanilla game and combining with game AI.

As seems to me,  such an upgrade would be a great improvement for an upcoming  DLC TacOps!

@Bis, please implement it!

Well I'm 100% sure that it's not gonna happen as it was already released on DEV branch and they're not even planning to do so!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, danny96 said:

Well I'm 100% sure that it's not gonna happen as it was already released on DEV branch and they're not even planning to do so!

Well, I think with a strong desire, it can be implemented later of TacOps dlc,  after 10 years, for example.

I remember that after the release of OFP (2001), the community waited 12 years, until @Bis has created a hand  rotation of the steering wheel in a vehicle in 2013. 

@R0adki11, @das attorney I see you like the post of @danny96. 

Guys, please tell me, you like the fact that in Arma 3 will not the ability to carry a primary weapon on the back, in the slot for launcher?

Or do you like any post of @danny96 regardless of its meaning?

The forum is for discussions related to the development branch of Arma 3.

Is this "new idea" under development on Devbranch?   No?   Then it goes in the wishlist thread:

Use this thread to post your wishes and ideas regarding ArmA 3.

This will mean that you have buried it forever,  this is a useless topic,

Here on the devs branch, there is a some chance that this will be this will be discussed and noticed by the developers.

@das attorney , you still  did not answer my question...

It's kinda true, tbh. "Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas" is pretty much "Post your dreams that nobody cares about". :>

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mickeymen said:

This will mean that you have buried it forever,  this is a useless topic,

Here on the devs branch, there is a some chance that this will be this will be discussed and noticed by the developers.

By that rationale, then every idea should have it's own thread in this forum, and they can be all buried here next to each other in the clusterfuck of "ideas" threads in Dev Branch instead.

Also, in reply to this:

@R0adki11, @das attorney I see you like the post of @danny96. 

Guys, please tell me, you like the fact that in Arma 3 will not the ability to carry a primary weapon on the back, in the slot for launcher?

Or do you like any post of @danny96 regardless of its meaning?

@das attorney , you still  did not answer my question...

I would say NEITHER.

Don't ask a loaded question!

• Like 3

I see how many games are developing.Many have long realized the possibility of carrying a second and even a third primary weapon for player! Yesterday, accidentally I happened to see this Russian video from Stalker Online game.

Use english subtitles and watch how developers try develop the player character. 

Developers create inertia in movement, collision of weapon, and many, many realistic moments.

In the contest of our theme, the player character has a additional slot for primary weapons, not only behind his back, but also on his chest ! 

Want two weapons on your back? - You are  welcome ! 

When I see the development of all these games, I ask the question - what the hell is a player in the Arma still can not have this?  

The creator of this topic was completely right to say this - 

• Like 1

There is no need to keep pushing this...

There are mods that do this... https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=780974479&searchtext=

Why you feel the need the push this as necessary in engine and compare it to a single/mulitplayer  game like stalker that is NOT a combined arms military sim as its base with moddability to do exactly what you want which is already available is confusing...

Most modern military units are not equipped with two primary weapons... I'm sure some units carry a sniper rifle that can be deployed for instance but it is not a normal thing that I am aware for any modern military to deploy every unit with two primaries... 

Would be nice to have some of those features in Arma, especially climbing over obstacles, they looked sweet.

Also i wouldn't cry If they added the option to carry two primaries, I don't always make or play military milsim missions.

• Like 1