pipewr3nch

ArmA 3 Laws of War - Whereabouts of Chernarus

In the ArmA 3 DLC "Laws of War"'s showcase "IDAP" you can examine a "survivor's stories" info display. This display shows that the location of Chernarus is at the Caspian Sea.

My question is: What happened to the Green Sea?

Uwg78qd.jpg

• Like 1

Caspian area has always been roughly the area of the "Green Sea" 

• Like 2

Caspian area has always been roughly the area of the "Green Sea" 

Indeed :icon_biggrin:. The whereabouts of the 'Green Sea' are contested; some say it's in the Caspian, some in the Black Sea. An interesting counterpoint to the Caspian Sea (though geographically it makes good sense), is that it's a 'landlocked' sea. In fact, there are those who claim it's not really a sea at all and a lake. This makes the presence of the aircraft carrier in Arma 2 rather troublesome (though, I suppose, it could be argued that there's a (very!) large Eurasian canal in the Armaverse!). The red locator square therefore, will be moving to encompass a more 'ambiguous' area :sol:

Fixed: Chernarus was incorrectly located on an infoboard in Showcase IDAP

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 6:44 AM, Kydoimos said:

Indeed :icon_biggrin:. The whereabouts of the 'Green Sea' are contested; some say it's in the Caspian, some in the Black Sea. An interesting counterpoint to the Caspian Sea (though geographically it makes good sense), is that it's a 'landlocked' sea. In fact, there are those who claim it's not really a sea at all and a lake. This makes the presence of the aircraft carrier in Arma 2 rather troublesome (though, I suppose, it could be argued that there's a (very!) large Eurasian canal in the Armaverse!). The red locator square therefore, will be moving to encompass a more 'ambiguous' area :sol:

I suppose it's fair to say that you worked on this campaign?

I got a lot of visual similarities clicking in my head in regards to presentation with your Resist campaign.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2017 at 5:56 PM, foffy said:

I suppose it's fair to say that you worked on this campaign?

I got a lot of visual similarities clicking in my head in regards to presentation with your Resist campaign.

Unless it's Chernarus in charge of the Eurasian Canal, I doubt Russia would ever allow access to a US Aircraft in a restricted sea.