Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Ever since I saw that other thread on this forum about airsoft I've been drooling over the guns they have available for this game.  I even contacted the leaders of a few teams they have around here locally and got information on a game they were having this weekend.  It was about 2 hours away, but I decided to make the drive anyway.

Once I arrived there I walked for about a quarter mile through a field to the tents they had set up there and asked about the game.  The admission was $15 (U.S.) and the gun rental was $20.  The gun I rented was an AK-47SU (*biggest grin EVER*) with a high-capacity clip.  I was amazed at how cheap this was.  For 3750 rounds of ammunition it cost $15, so I was set for the day.

The first round we played was an attack/defend mission.  I was on the defend team with a group called team raven, modelled after the U.S. Navy seal team.  Anyway, we set up a defensive perimeter and waited.  Eventually, we saw the enemy.  It wasn't that hard to spot the first guy, he was wearing blue jeans and a faded tiger stripe t-shirt, so he stood out pretty well.  I called out his position, and heard that there were 2 or 3 other guys closing in on us.  They didn't see us, which was the coolest feeling I've ever had.  I sat there, drew a bead on them, and once someone else opened fire, I let rip with a few bursts from my AK.  The rounds were pretty accurate, but they took a while to get there, so I had to keep that in mind while I was shooting.  Frankly, it's harder than it looks (at least for me biggrin_o.gif).  I eventually dropped him while the rest of the team took care of the rest.  For a while I thought that was it for their first offensive, then I heard some rustling to my left.  I pointed it out to the guy next to me, who engaged the person crawling around, but got shot before he tagged him.  Now it was up to me.  I got up nice and close to a tree in front of me and waited.  We got into a firefight eventually, each shooting at each other.  I had the advantage, I was crouched and had the rifle shouldered, so I had a lower profile and better aiming.  He was standing and hip-firing, and maybe surprised, so he was worse off.  His gun eventually jammed while I was shooting him, so he was out.  I eventually got tagged out by someone who was sneaking up on my flank.  It's not that nobody saw him, but he managed to get in a firing position before he was shot.  I died about twice this round and had a LOT of fun.

Between the rounds I met with the people I had talked to online and chatted with them over lunch.  They're all nice people.  But soon enough it was time to play again. biggrin_o.gif

This time we were on offense.  The team I was playing with was very organised.  They had a good plan set up and executed it very professionally.  We were in a wedge formation with two other fire teams going out with us.  We would eventually seperate and assault the base.  One had a sniper rifle, and the others were really a distraction for us to move in.  We walked over to the flank of the base and started to move in.  We were rustling and cracking our way through the woods when I spotted the blaze orange barrel of an MP5 pointed at one of my team mates.  I stopped everyone and pointed at him.  One of the teammates moved in on his flank, but ran in to another enemy there.  This is when the enemy I had spoted stood up and shot at my wingman so to speak.  I let loose on him full auto with the AK (hey, 600 round mag, 3750 rounds, 30 minutes left of playing, why not? smile_o.gif)  He dove for cover and returned fire.  I was already crouched so we exchanged fire for a few seconds.  I got tagged out pretty quick and decided to call it a day.  It was a 2 hour drive home and I wanted to be back in time for dinner.

So that's my adventure with airsoft.  I'll definately be saving up for my own gun now, probably selling stuff on ebay too biggrin_o.gif  I just wanted to tell everyone how much fun I had today.  Anybody else have any airsoft storys to tell?

EDIT - This is a picture of the gun I played with, I think.  This isn't me either, but we did take a picture of me posing with the gun.  I'll post it later. biggrin_o.gif

Here's a link to the image.

Did you like it better than paintball? I got my AK47S airsoft gun in advance for christmas, let me tell you from the extreme fun i had firing my own gun at a paper target, then airsoft must be the best damned combat sport there ever will be. smile.gif

Airsoft wins over paintball any day.

Not only is the ammo cheaper, but it's reusable (permitting that it's clean enough, don't want gun jams).

The BBs don't hurt as much, but you know you got hit good enough.

The ammo flies further, and faster.

Plus the guns are more realistic and more fun to shoot.

It's just a great game compared to paintball.

IMO, paintball is like softball compared to baseball.

lol biggrin.gif

I wasnt here, did you re open it Ralph? I really dont like paintball that much because:

Guns look likesomethin from marvin the martian.

Ammo is expensive and non re useable.

Short range, not very good at simulating war.

Need protection.

Hurts a lot. (not that im a wussy, i play lots of paintball, jsut i dont liek having 10 bruises.)

Ive never played airsoft, but my cousin has, and he says its great.

Airsoft Guns are illegal here. Where do you like USMC?

Where do you live Cloney? I'm sure airsoft guns are legal in all of america.

Skulls_Viper: I know about those M4's, they cost 500 dollars american. smile.gif

I live in New Jersey. I think they will be illegal for a while here. They just got legalized in New York though.

Some places here in the USA, anything like pellet guns, or paintball guns, etc... are illegal.But not here in Colorado.New York City and surrounding areas, New Jersey, Michigan, Philadelphia PA or Chicago IL. its illegal.

Yeah, New Jersey is pretty stuck up about guns.

Can't even hunt with a rifle there. sad.gif

I'm glad I move to Kansas.

yeee-haw!  *sprays AK-47 into the air*

Airsoft guns are mentioned by name in federal law.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/5001.html

They all have to have the orange plug.

Hmmmm.....Sorry for my lack of knowledge but, how exactly do you play with airsoft guns? More specifically how do you guys track who was killed? Is the guy who got hit just honest about it or what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fraggit @ Nov. 24 2002,06:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmmm.....Sorry for my lack of knowledge but, how exactly do you play with airsoft guns? More specifically how do you guys track who was killed? Is the guy who got hit just honest about it or what?<span id='postcolor'>

The one that cries in pain...... biggrin.gif

It's actually not that painful. Signifigantly less painful than paintball. It's really just the honor system which doesn't work that well sometimes. But its the best way to do it.

i'm interrested in airsoft for a long time now. unfortunately it's forbidden to own AEGs in germany. 5.5mm springs are the only guns i could by in a shop because i'm not 18 years old. sad.gif

but this would be the gun of my dreams biggrin.gif :

WGC shop

go to special items and the M14 wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ Nov. 24 2002,12:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hyuck Hyuck Hyuck (yes that is me biggrin.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

What site do you play on mate?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What site do you play on mate?<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's Combat South.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 24 2002,15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What site do you play on mate?<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's Combat South.<span id='postcolor'>

Could be the Ambush site near Woking too, though. They are both woodland.

Tusker, if you live close to France, you can play Airsoft there smile.gif But the French have AEG's up to 400 fps wow.gif So be careful smile.gif

EDIT: This is a proper Airsoft Rifle, Classic Army FULL METAL M16-A3 P_LG349.jpg

biggrin.gif

Its Combat South, and if I'd known that Classic Army were going to *finally* release the CA M16A3 a month after I bought my M16A2, I would of bought that one instead biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 24 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tusker, if you live close to France, you can play Airsoft there smile.gif But the French have AEG's up to 400 fps wow.gif So be careful smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol would be worth a try smile.gif

ehm... tombez!... vous-etes mort!

... baisse ton fusil!... tu es mon otage!

ROFLMAO tounge.gif  biggrin.gif

my french still sucks after all the years learning it at school. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ Nov. 24 2002,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its Combat South, and if I'd known that Classic Army were going to *finally* release the CA M16A3 a month after I bought my M16A2, I would of bought that one instead biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif

That must suck smile.gif

You can still upgrade yours though smile.gif Do you have problems with barrel wobble?

If you ever come to Ambush Wargames at Chobham, lemme know, we could meet up or summit smile.gif

Do you get a scope when you play those airsoft games with a sniper rifle?

Is it a good one?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Nov. 24 2002,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you get a scope when you play those airsoft games with a sniper rifle?

Is it a good one?<span id='postcolor'>

no , you have to use an assemblage of plates of glass stuck together with adhesive paper