Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

I'll have to see how my thing evolves... Now my friends want to have BDUs for the whole team (about 8, a bit over maybe). Not a problem actually, BDU + tacvest looks quite scary, but a real BDU is quite expensive. BTW how good are Nomex flight gloves for shooting?

Hmmm, Marui M14 or M15A4 Rifle? Still have half a year to think about it. Or maybe something shorter... huh.gif

Placebo, next time, try to be less trigger-happy with that G36.

Placebo, next time, try to be less trigger-happy with that G36.

That doesn't sound like fun wink_o.gif

Doesn't have to be real-mil Nomex, I've got plenty of pics in my 'stash' that show MechanixWear gloves, I guess it's personal preference. For sizing, the MechanixWear seem to fit better in a lot of cases, and they're cheaper at your local AutoParts store and/or NASCAR shrine.

I usually browse at these guys

http://www.gr8gear.com/

since they're close, but I'm not sure that they've got the best prices. They've got lots of funstuff though, I'm saving my pennies for the jungle hammock though.

smile_o.gif Just discovered this thread / nice replecement to paintball ......... woundered why I hadnt seen it before huh.gif ..... then found out !!!!!

crazy_o.gifAustralian Government has its head up it a$$ with these "guns" banghead.gif

Geez ..... in the 90's, one mentally unstable dick goes crazy in a public place, kills 35 people and bingo ...... the blanket banning of weapons includes these toys, unless you have a gun licence .... madness.

BTW how good are Nomex flight gloves for shooting?

Nomex gloves work fine for shooting, I have the Hellstorm ones, but there's also the USGI issue Nomex gloves which are also good. biggrin_o.gif

The problem with the Nomex gloves is that they're not padded in any way, so getting shot in the hands/knuckles is still an issue. crazy_o.gif

Gnat @ Nov. 04 2005,12:11)]smile_o.gif  Just discovered this thread / nice replecement to paintball ......... woundered why I hadnt seen it before  huh.gif  ..... then found out !!!!!

crazy_o.gif  Australian Government has its head up it a$$ with these "guns"    banghead.gif

Geez ..... in the 90's, one mentally unstable dick goes crazy in a public place, kills 35 people and bingo ...... the blanket banning of weapons includes these toys, unless you have a gun licence .... madness.

I've been saying that for a year. Airsoft seems fun, Combat but without death smile_o.gif Paintball is fun but there's something not right about it wink_o.gif

Just got myself a pakol today....a pakol is the Arab hat you usually see SF guys wearing.... wink_o.gif

afghan38il.jpg

OK, if I join, my friends want the whole team to have Woodland BDU's. Is Tru-Spec 60% Cotton / 40% Polyester Twill BDU coat/trousers a good choise? They cost 50 € per piece, so that's 100€ for BDU itself... confused_o.gif

And what's the M-65 thing I'm finding on some shops...?

And Nomex gloves, something like on whitemann's 2 first pics.

Shinraiden... No NASCAR in Finland, sorry.

OK, if I join, my friends want the whole team to have Woodland BDU's. Is Tru-Spec 60% Cotton / 40% Polyester Twill BDU coat/trousers a good choise? They cost 50 € per piece, so that's 100€ for BDU itself...  confused_o.gif

Shinraiden... No NASCAR in Finland, sorry.

Tru-Spec uniforms are reproductions, did you know that? The "real" issue uniforms are made by Propper, Inc. wink_o.gif

Tru-Spec now got very bad reputation on quality....

They have been outsourcing their production outside the US, while it's understandable because of the cheap labor but at least they should maintain very strict quality control....it has been years since and it's getting worse!crazy_o.gif

You can get Propper uniforms at Ebay or at a online military shop, if you're lucky. smile_o.gif

But if you don't want to go through all the hassle, just get the Tru-Spec uniforms, they'll do the job.;)

The M-65 is the field jacket designed to be worn over the standard BDU jacket....but nobody really wears this in airsoft....no need for so many jackets. tounge2.gif

Try ebay...

About 80% of my gear comes from Ebay!!

Many times it's about 20-30% cheaper than normal stores.. I got my complete MOLLE vest for like 120 euro's.

They have been outsourcing their production outside the US,

Well, that's the case with US Army too, I've heard... Not all BDU's are "Made In USA" anymore.

Oh and is there any signifigant difference between 60/40 and 50/50 (standard issue?)? Except the higher price (+18 € for SI)... help.gif

I'm starting to hate BDU's...

BTW nice pics f-olk-e. thumbs-up.gif

Played 4 hours of indoor paintball (sans paint - rubber balls instead) Sunday night. Great times, except after 4 hours of running around crouched...stairs will not be your friend the next day...or the day after :P

Me, seconds before completing our team's objective (Getting that plastic rod into the opposite team's bunker, without throwing it)

tagball2nd.jpg

Me, as the VIP for my team to protect (I was volunteering for everything that night)

tagball13us.jpg

I'm the guy at the right:

tagball24bw.jpg

Group shot (teams were changed halfway - Red was winning too much biggrin_o.gif)

tagball31zo.jpg

And here's where volunteering for everything began to look like a bad idea - for one game, I was the Predator - i.e. I was sent in without a gun, and my goal was to eliminate everyone else by tagging them out. Some of the result:

weltsclose9xo.jpg

The full gallery for this game:

http://www.tagzone.ca/Ottawa/english/photo_Mike.htm

Well, forgive me for desecrating it then icon_rolleyes.gif. Others have posted about paintball in this thread, and while I realize it isn't looked upon as highly as airsoft is around here, for some of us, it's the only option - that or lazertag crazy_o.gif

isn't this the airsoft thread?

I think it won't hurt anyone to allow the occasional Paintball story, be nice or I'll change the thread to say "Airsoft/Paintball/LazerQuest/Tag/Hide'n'Seek", then you will get annoyed wink_o.gif

Seeing as this thread was kicked up, here is my latest purchase...

Soviet built 1P29 rifle scope. Meant for Ak-74, RPK-74 and PKM's. And yes, Earl has them on his Ak's as well..

Picture of the scope + extras

Some Finnish fella has a real Russian night scope on top of his modded TM AK-47. Also real wooden parts etc. Now that's a supporting father! Nighttime sniping... crazy_o.gif

@FW2000: Nice one! Maybe you would be interested in the AK furniture customization article I recently found when googling for something else. That article made me seriously thinking about purchasing Marui AK-47. smile_o.gif

@Tovarish: Let those scars be the warning. Next time you'd feel like volunteering for being a target, play airsoft! wink_o.gif

I'm a member of that site actually wink_o.gif I know the guy who wrote it as well, and I'm now thinking of just selling the 47 and getting a G&G Ak (hopefully they will do a long Ak as well)..

Oh the forum on Red Alliance is very good as well..

@Tovarish: Let those scars be the warning. Next time you'd feel like volunteering for being a target, play airsoft! wink_o.gif

Believe me, i'd like to, but over here that sport is pretty much nonexistent. Plus, I only get a chance to play paintball (indoor or outdoor ) 5 times a year tops - hardly enough to justify buying my own equipment - such as a gun...and I know that airsoft guns in canada require the tip of the barrel to be painted red - which pretty much ruins the attraction of playing with a replica gun to me.

But in the end I care very little that paintball guns don't look like real guns. It's kind of like I view videogames - graphics come second to gameplay.