Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Don't have any decent pictures of me in my camo, but here are some shots anyway:

Airsoft1.jpg

Some guy with our teams RPG-18

Airsoft2.jpg

One of my teammembers with a SVD Dragunov smile_o.gif

(Click to enlarge)

Could you get a better pic of that SVD? Looks great, and there are some plans how should I mod a AK47/AK47S. Currently I'm planning to make it a AKS-74, this means, give it a different stock and a muzzlehider. That are the greatest visual differences I can see.

It's the G&P SVD, don't get it though, even though it's made from a real SVD, it's has horrible internals wink_o.gif

There are more differences between the Ak-47 and Aks-74, like you said there is the skeleton stock and muzzlehider. But you also have a completly different receiver, different magazines, different handguards etc

Here is a picture of a custom Aks-74 a teammate of mine did (He still misses some details on the receiver):

Aks.jpg

Ahh yes, the G&P one... There are some pretty cheap SVD kits for the AK-47S.. Of course not perfect, many details missing, a bit like in my planned AKS-74, but gives the idea. And I didn't count the magazine, as you can buy AK-74 style magazines from RedWolf Airsoft. Shame they are so light, gotta add some weights.

If you put the skeleton stock and muzzle hider into the AK-47S though, it DOES look a bit like AKS-74 from 100 meters in the dark if you're wearing sunglasses and pretty drunk.

Wow, this thread was well hidden.

I am planning on purchasing a TOP M60E4. Besides the fact that its expensive and heavy, does anyone know of any problems it has?

The TOP M60's apparently have well-known and documented issues. The issues apparently have to do with the the motor and gearbox. There's a lot of notes if you google around about your options. Be prepared to spend a couple hundred extra to upgrade it. Some sellers offer a package deal with the upgrades integrated.

Bear in mind that the usage is significantly different than rifle usage. MG usage has a lot of heavy sustained fire, as opposed in single or short-burst fire from your typical rifle. TOP unfortunately apparently put a mid-grade motor and gearbox in a higher-than-normal stress load. User comments also suggest that it's common practice to routinely carry nearly a complete gearbox of spare parts - in the field. Ironically, the maintance load keeps it from being too overbearing.

What would you guys recommend as a beginner gun? Roughly 100-200 in price usd.

IMO your best choice is a good springer pistol with hop-up, cause if you don't happen to like the hobby, you won't lose a lot of money. Just remember to buy proper eye protection while you're on it.

Of course, it depends on where you live. AFAIK in US they mostly use hi-capasity magazines (which, I thinks, are terrible because of the rattle and well, the high capasity) but at least here in Finland we mostly use regulars sometimes also called "lo-caps."

Oh, and anyway, here's a pic of me and here's a whole bunch of pics from our games yesterday. Well not from the games but some random idiotism anyway. Nevermind the videos, you don't wanna know. There's just some stupid crap in finnish and one of my teammates sewing his pants. And well, there is the "ZLF" (our team's name) T-shirt, officially known as LEKA (a webpage, a shop and a team) T-shirt, which has a pretty funny phrase in finnish. In english it's something like "When it hits the head, we count it as a headshot" but sounds a whole lot better in finnish.

I'm planning on buyin a real M16...

Soft-air rifles cost very much, so I don't think it is worth the money.

Have a spring (KWC) P226, and gonna fix a silencer soon wink_o.gif

You can't shoot people with real guns... Plus you can't have full auto in real guns. At least in Finland you can't. Don't know about other countries, I guess everything is possible in US. They sell Barrett M82:s to anyone crazy_o.gif

You can't shoot people with real guns...

Yes I can. In two simple steps

1. Aim

2. Pull the trigger

And now I've shot someone.

crazy_o.gif

Plus you can't have full auto in real guns.

What the heck are you talking about BTW, of course there are rifles that have full-auto...

No offence

smile_o.gif

No, actually, it would be fun to have some Soft-air ops on Lidingö.(Where I live). Have very ideal places for different "missions" and strategies wink_o.gif

What would you guys recommend as a beginner gun? Roughly 100-200 in price usd.

although i never ended up getting an AEG (never found anyone near me who played), the Tokyo Marui AK-47 had the highest reviews i have seen:

http://www.neasg.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=318

you can pick it up at the WGC shop for $252 (including battery and charger), which is about as cheap as an AEG is gonna get.

Well, the police may not like you if you start shooting people around, and that gives Jack Thompson another reason to try to get Take2 Interactive out of business.

And with the full-auto part I ment that civilians cannot legally get full-automatic weapons. At least here in Finland.

I hope you had a whole lot of fun now?

Picture #1

Myself in KLMK, with a Russian Afghan era chest rig and some bushes. (The gun is a TM G36C, a donor gun for a VSS Vintorez conversion. The KLMK worked pretty nice, the bushes also helped a lot. (On that mission we were ordered to avoid contact and reach a certain point, while the other 2 teams were fighting each other)m

Picture #2

Again, Me wearing Russian M88 pattern trousers, Y-strap harness with mag pouch, VSR jacket , boonie in Kamysh and Ak-47S with double mags taped together (teammates gun).

Picture #3

Our team sniper, with an Ak-47S converted using a Guarder kit, not the most realistic option but atleast it's semi auto.

It was a good weekend, I had loads of fun. And that's what its all about.. having a good time smile_o.gif

...And with the full-auto part I ment that civilians cannot legally get full-automatic weapons...

Who said anything about legally? wink_o.gif

J/K, but soft-air is fun, though a real rifle can be more fun, if you go to shootingranges, and so, I think it could be much more fun...

smile_o.gif

And with the full-auto part I ment that civilians cannot legally get full-automatic weapons. At least here in Finland.

Yes they can. Just ask one of LDD Kyllikki's members. biggrin_o.gif

Aww... Me hates.

You CAN legally obitain a full automatic weapon here too (yeah, even without going to the army) if you happen to have a "collector's status." And whether you do or don't, that's something that the police decides. So if they don't like your shoes they'll just say that no way buddy.

J/K, but soft-air is fun, though a real rifle can be more fun, if you go to shootingranges, and so, I think it could be much more fun...

smile_o.gif

static shooting targets are not as interactive as human players...

Airsoft games... (well at least the games with a minimal of 30 people) require much more teamwork and tactics to accomplish a goal..

In comparison to shooting targets, that is.

Airsoft is different... It's mainly not about just "shooting guns".

yeah, i find shooting real guns at targets pretty boring; hunting was more exciting, but as jesse ventura once said:

"Until you hunted man, you haven't hunted yet."

so, paintball/airsoft/ofp it is!

About 2 months old thread... I guess it's OK to post?

OK, few of my friends are reviving the thought of starting to play airsoft. If the group is OK, game area is found/OK and my money situation is OK, I might start it too.

I live in Tampere, Finland, in case there are other airsofters living here, too.

For clothing/camouflage equip., I'm thinking of getting a BW uniform (summer of "normal", with parka), a full mask (paintball mask, covers face and ears; don't fancy pain), some kinda tactical vest. For head, a Flecktarn or black boonie sounds nice. For shoes, "crosstraining" sneakers or military boots. Mask might get covered with scarf, and face might get camo paint. Gloves.

For gun, I'm thinking of Marui's AEG's, mainly MP5KA4 (cheap & good, they say), Steyr AUG and the pricey and long, but beautiful, M-14 in OD. Prices range from 230€ to 425€, not including batteries & charger. Other considerable choises are, Marui's too, Benelli M3 and SPAS-12 spring-action shotguns (3 shots/pull, each from it's own barrel) and gas pistols, especially Beretta Model 92FS Elite, sold as "Tactical master". I have a cheap, low-power, old spring action Beretta for backup weapon.

So... it would be nice to hear some tips and opinions. And this is a nice topic, too.

I would recommend you getting a TM benelli m3, as I have one and its really good wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I'd get a full normal AEG, they will last you a long time and you can throw down BB's at a decent range, even when left stock

smile_o.gif