Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Nope, you usually don't feel when the bb hits execpt when it hits bare skin and even then it doesn't hurt much. Unless it is on the tip of your nose of course ;)

Also the weapons look and feel like real guns espcially when you change the plastic body (which btw doesn't feel childish either) with a metal body. Plus the weight of the guns are almost exactly the same as the real ones. That alone makes it not childish as you are playing with according to Norwegian law is weapons and nobody under 18 are allowed to even touch them unless they have persmissions from the local policechief and NASF. ;)

Also the cost varies depending on what kind of stuff you want. If you just want a gun, a few mags and a uniform it will probably run you between 2000-3000kr, but if you want to go all out as myself included you will be spending around 5000kr+ on just the gun. The cost of what I have done with the gun isn't really necessary though and you can have as much fun as the people with 20000kr+ kits with your 2000kr kit.

Does airsoft hurt? I believe if it does it must be fun. The only thing that bothers me is the "replica feel" of the guns. It make me think I'd feel sort of childish. Maybe paintball is more my cup of tea?

Any norwegians here who could give me an idea of the costs etc. ?

Airsoft does hurt if i you get shot at places that are usually not well protected... such as your crotch.

I've heard very creative words during my last skirmish. crazy_o.gif

Some airsoftgun manufacturers provide standard metal bodies to their AEG's.. such as the taiwanese companies ICS and Classic Army.. which is much cheaper than getting another metal body afterwarths.

lol, but pain gives a good adrenaline rush, much like when I play paintballing, I get a far greater rush from running across an open area with about 5 guys shootin at me

which is why, from now on, whenever possible, I fire .4gram graphite coated 'sniper bb's ' from my 1J AEG tounge_o.gif

happy hunting

which is why, from now on, whenever possible, I fire .4gram graphite coated 'sniper bb's ' from my 1J AEG  tounge_o.gif

That BB won't go far. wink_o.gif

Thanks pcverden and necromancer! Maybe I'll try it out - with or without pain wink_o.gif

Totally depends on who you play with, but if you play orginized here in Norway it shouldn't be a problem at all. Only thing that has ever hurt me was when I got a 550fps sniper bb on the tip of my ear. However the pain is brief and goes over pretty quickly even then. Its not like paintball where you go all sour the rest of the week ;)

Thanks pcverden and necromancer! Maybe I'll try it out - with or without pain wink_o.gif

@brgnorway: You should try it, at least. And you don't need to worry about hits, sometimes it is so soft that you even don't notice. I think it's a good experience for anybody interested in FPS - you defintely realize that war must consist of 60% marching, 30% waiting and 10% of nasty warfare and confusion smile_o.gif

BTW our last autumn session was painful mostly because of rain, snow and lying on very uncomfortable rocks. The spray of BB bullets was just a little warm-up, and some people just wanted to get shot and rest for a while wink_o.gif

@Necromancer: ICS started the AK line? Whooohahaaaaa, can't wait biggrin_o.gif

Totally depends on who you play with, but if you play orginized here in Norway it shouldn't be a problem at all. Only thing that has ever hurt me was when I got a 550fps sniper bb on the tip of my ear. However the pain is brief and goes over pretty quickly even then. Its not like paintball where you go all sour the rest of the week ;)

That's what's fun with paintball. You get the proper motivation. tounge_o.gif

Anyway anyone else looking forward to the AK74M from ICS this march?

Of course...

After all.. it is actually a totally new AEG..

Not to mention its not another NATO rifle. wink_o.gif

I think this gun will be ICS's next workhorse after they released that M4A1 with a modular gearbox, which is imo very revolutionary in the airsoft community.

I hope ICS will implement that modular gearbox in the AK74M as well.

I have a spring powered M4. I was suprised by how accurate they are and by how durable it is smile_o.gif . Some of my little brothers friends where shooting airsoft at my house(which is two story) so I opened up my window and poped a few of them in the head(they had glasses), but yea they are fun.

Got this VSR (Schofield) uniform yesterday, it's quite complete with ushanka (fur hat) , suspenders, telnyashka, belt and buckle etc..

This is my first step towards my full Russian kit smile_o.gif

Looks pretty good, man. Now you have two choices:

1) play airsoft in it (your Russian kit will become a "war-weary" piece of clothing and webbing); then I'd suggest not to use those epaulets...

2) attach the epaulets and attend parades biggrin_o.gif

Seriously, you are really lucky. I have been hunting for the fatigues in this pattern for year, unsuccessfuly. Is it a copy or an original?

Afaik, the epaulets don't really belong to this uniform, and I am planning to simulate a VDV Spetsnaz trooper in the end.

I bought them from a WW2 Collector, the entire kit was quite cheap (I paid 50e) so I guess he didn't know the real value of it. He also had a VSR Winter jacket along with the winter trousers but sadly I couldn't afford it  sad_o.gif

He told me a friend of his got them while stationed in Sarajevo so I guess it's an original.

It's in a good condition, stamps say it was made in '94 so it wasn't used a lot probably.  smile_o.gif

All that is left now is get an assault vest, Paratrooper helmet, matching insignia and an ICS Ak(s)-74M  wink_o.gif

All that is left now is get an assault vest, Paratrooper helmet, matching insignia and an ICS Ak(s)-74M wink_o.gif

Good luck with that! smile_o.gif

BTW it is much cheaper to simulate local guerilla wink_o.gif :

F04-10-07.jpg

(As I think about it, not TOO cheap - that M4 is made by ICS. smile_o.gif )

Great...

My M15A4 carbine seems to only shoot semi-automatic now. sad_o.gif

Ah well... gonna have it repaired next saturday. smile_o.gif

My M15A4 carbine seems to only shoot semi-automatic now. sad_o.gif

Tragedy for a casual airsofter. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I hope it gets repaired soon! smile_o.gif

I'm sorry to revive this topic at the moment...

I am currently looking for German airsofters who play in (of course) Germany.

I would like to know the technical legality about the AEG's that are only allowed to shoot semi-automatic. How was this technically realised?

My friends in my airsoft team are also very keen in playing in Germany, but we would like to know how we have to convert our AEG's to only shoot semi-automatic.

...that M4 is made by ICS.

Speaking of ICS, when the heck are they gonna release that AK74M of theirs?

On a very adjacent topic: What's the best way to get an AK74? The Guarder kits cost too much. Way too much.

Guest The Cobra

Redwolf Airsoft

They have really cool softair guns, rifles and other stuff...

M82A1.jpg

M82A1

hfc-m712-maxi.jpg

M712

I'm sorry to revive this topic at the moment...

I am currently looking for German airsofters who play in (of course) Germany.

I would like to know the technical legality about the AEG's that are only allowed to shoot semi-automatic. How was this technically realised?

My friends in my airsoft team are also very keen in playing in Germany, but we would like to know how we have to convert our AEG's to only shoot semi-automatic.

Yeah, full-auto airsoft rifles are illegal in Germany confused_o.gif However, I think you will find the following thread informative.

Click me if you're German!

Hey, why did you people hide this topic from me? That's EVIL.

I operate the TM AK47, carrying 5 mags with it. That makes 350bb, so not bad. And never forget my ol' good trusty springer, KWC Glock 17 with a 12 round mag.

Wonder if I could find a picture of myself... Well, not in my current Kamysh, or even my VC clothing, but hey, here's my "mercenary" clothing from the airsoft scenario ESCOBAR.

escobar3.JPG Meh is the one in the very left. Sorry for the dark pic, and don't you think I normally go play in a jeans jacket! I actually had a nice gasmask bag with me too, to carry the water and the mags.