Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

OH MAN.

You are lucky. Im living in germany where it`s forbidden to have things that look like full auto weapons. It can be a toy, or a paper made model, doesn`t matter. If it looks like a full auto gun, you will get in big trouble if have it. sad_o.gif

Airsoft is humbug, I could have probably equipt a real guerrilla squad with the money my brother spent on his personal airsoft gear. crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

OH MAN.

You are lucky. Im living in germany where it`s forbidden to have things that look like full auto weapons. It can be a toy, or a paper made model, doesn`t matter. If it looks like a full auto gun, you will get in big trouble if have it. sad_o.gif

Well...

I have some half good news for you..

I have seen various online german webshops that sell AEG's that are re-configured so that they can only shoot semi-automatic.

I can assume that semi-automatic AEG's are legal in Germany.

Here are some links that my airsoft team provided:

http://www.kotte-zeller.de/index.htm

http://www.softair-shopping.de/index.html

These guys sell AEG and GBB parts.

http://www.teutenberg-werl.de/

Airsoft is humbug, I could have probably equipt a real guerrilla squad with the money my brother spent on his personal airsoft gear. crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

LOL That's true. biggrin_o.gif

The funny thing is that you still can enjoy airsoft with just some green/brown clothes and some reliable gun.

...but for most people, gearin' themselves up is the essential of airsoft. tounge_o.gif

@ Necromancer-

Thank`s for the info. biggrin_o.gif

I don`t get it. They changed the rules. I must have a license to have my gas- signal gun with me, when I go out. On the other hand, they allow us things that where forbidden before.

Stupid beaurocrats. crazy_o.gif

Airsoft is humbug, I could have probably equipt a real guerrilla squad with the money my brother spent on his personal airsoft gear. crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

LOL That's true. biggrin_o.gif

The funny thing is that you still can enjoy airsoft with just some green/brown clothes and some reliable gun.

...but for most people, gearin' themselves up is the essential of airsoft. tounge_o.gif

Talking about playing in civilian clothes...

I know a couple of ppl who re-enact civil contractors..

http://www.blackwatercrg.com

@ Necromancer-

I don`t get it. They changed the rules. I must have a license to have my gas- signal gun with me, when I go out. On the other hand, they allow us things that where forbidden before.

Wusste garnicht, dass man jetzt auch vollautomatische AEGs kaufen kann. Und das sogar ab 14! crazy_o.gif

Seit wann ist denn sowas plötzlich erlaubt? Waffengesetze sind zwar schön und gut, aber das wiederspricht allem was vorher war!

http://www.softair-shopping.de/p352.html

Yep. I`m totally surprised to. They changed the law when I was in hospital for more than 2 month, and didn`t noticed what going on about that. mad_o.gif

@ Necromancer-

Wusste garnicht, dass man jetzt auch vollautomatische AEGs kaufen kann. Und das sogar ab 14! crazy_o.gif

Seit wann ist denn sowas plötzlich erlaubt? Waffengesetze sind zwar schön und gut, aber das wiederspricht allem was vorher war!

Laber nicht?

Why the fuck we're talking German?

@ Necromancer-

Note that the guns for ages till 14 are very low-powered compared that "veteran" airsoft players use.

Sorry for talking German. smile_o.gif

The changes are typical for the German laws! There's no sense in selling full auto AEGs to children even if they have less power than the usual AEGs.

I'm not all against Airsoft. I don't think it should be totally banned, but it should stay restricted for people under 18.

Sorry for talking German. smile_o.gif

The changes are typical for the German laws! There's no sense in selling full auto AEGs to children even if they have less power than the usual AEGs.

I'm not all against Airsoft. I don't think it should be totally banned, but it should stay restricted for people under 18.

ctrl-A, ctrl-C, ctrl-V.

This whole idea of "recreational soldiers" playing airsoft is incredibly sad. Why not just join the military instead of walking around pretending to be a Spec Ops soldier or commando?

If people wan't to live out their spec ops fantasy, there are plenty of video games for that.

I read that site up there about the Blackwater airsoft team. All I can say is I would hate to be one of those guys and brag about how great my "blackwater airsoft" team is in front of some REAL soldiers.

This whole idea of "recreational soldiers" playing airsoft is incredibly sad. Why not just join the military instead of walking around pretending to be a Spec Ops soldier or commando?

If people wan't to live out their spec ops fantasy, there are plenty of video games for that.

I read that site up there about the Blackwater airsoft team. All I can say is I would hate to be one of those guys and brag about how great my "blackwater airsoft" team is in front of some REAL soldiers.

Yes yes, a game is the same as actually running and moving? You know, getting outside and exercising a bit?

Some people aren't brainwashed enough to put their lives on the line for morals and ideals which they think are theirs.

Willingly die for a governement how...incredibly...not-sad. *cough*

Why play sports for fun? Professional players would laugh in your face anyway, they're real sportsmen. Hunting? Not like we need to hunt to gather food, yet a lot of people seem to enjoy it as a hobby.

And if you can honestly say you never played soldier and had at least some fun doing it...

Really now, cut the bullshit already. smile_o.gif

Yes yes, a game is the same as actually running and moving? You know, getting outside and exercising a bit?

Some people aren't brainwashed enough to put their lives on the line for morals and ideals which they think are theirs.

Willingly die for a governement how...incredibly...not-sad. *cough*

Why play sports for fun? Professional players would laugh in your face anyway, they're real sportsmen. Hunting? Not like we need to hunt to gather food, yet a lot of people seem to enjoy it as a hobby.

And if you can honestly say you never played soldier and had at least some fun doing it...

Really now, cut the bullshit already. smile_o.gif

See, airsoft may require physical activity, but it isn't a "sport" like baseball or football.

It is an act of imitating professional soldiers. Playing pretend isn't a sport.

Sure hunting is done, but hunting has nothing to do with pretending to be something that you are not.

See, airsoft may require physical activity, but it isn't a "sport" like baseball or football.

So what exactly makes football or baseball sports?

I think airsoft can be considered a 'sport', as there are two opposing parties, competing against each other, with some objective in mind. Not all sports require physical activity... what about chess?? rock.gif

I think for the sake of harmony the solution is simple, if you don't like Airsoft or don't agree with Airsoft, then get your butt out of this thread, leave those that do enjoy Airsoft to talk about it in peace.

I think airsoft can be considered a 'sport', as there are two opposing parties, competing against each other, with some objective in mind. Not all sports require physical activity... what about chess?? rock.gif

However, airsoft contains a lot of physical activity... tounge_o.gif

@IceFire: The posts of yours suggest that all you know about airsoft comes from browsing the "cool teams" websites. Airsoft can be fun, even though the fun restricted to those willing to do something more than just sitting in fron of their monitors. wink_o.gif

Yes, some people really like the cool uniforms, tactical gear, "spec-op" stuff. They usually can't hit a shit and can't play anything more than a FPS-style, regardless of their high-quality gear. You meet these possing-asshole snowboarders, chess players, footballers, hunters... They are everywhere, regardless of what your're doing - and this is what you should call "sad".

On the other hand, there are people really trying to learn something, play a bit tactical game, prepare the reactions to basic tactical situations. Although they use the military methods, they use it for simulation purposes and because of the military stuff (slightly adjusted) works in such games/sports.

I must say I am relatively new to airsoft, but I don't want or need to play some "cool role", I just want to have some fun, breathe fresh air, be in the nature and learn some new experiences. I definitely don't pretend anything - spending several days in the woods, regardless of the weather conditions, really does NOT involve pretending anything. It is about involvement of your knowledge, tactics, endurance and marksmanship (really tricky when shooting 6mm plastic bullets) to be better than your opponent.

I suggest you to try it yourself, before you start talking about how sad it is.

The conclusion is: If two do the same, it's not the same. It is about people, their maturity, experience and will. Uhm, just as in some... sport. biggrin_o.gif

I read that site up there about the Blackwater airsoft team.  All I can say is I would hate to be one of those guys and brag about how great my "blackwater airsoft" team is in front of some REAL soldiers.

You're funny...

First of all... no airsoft team (at least none that i personally know of) "brag" about their own team.

And second.. some airsofters happen to have a military background, from Special Forces till normal foot soldier.

And third... anything that you consider fun and requires physical activity is considered a sport.

Fourth... not all airsoftplayers re-enact military units.

Fifth... airsoft is a game, with a core of existance called "fun".

Sixth, Placebo is right.... wink_o.gif

This whole idea of "recreational soldiers" playing airsoft is incredibly sad.  Why not just join the military instead of walking around pretending to be a Spec Ops soldier or commando?

First have you any idea what the chances of becoming a Special Forces Operator are? Quiet small and that is even when you try your very best. But before you even get this chance you have to go through years upon years of hardwork and training just to get that small chance to become a SFO. Now consider that most of the people that play airsoft are between the ages of 18-26. This fact will also not help you become a SFO as you are deemed too inexperienced with soldier life to be allowed to even try to become a SFO.

Airsoft is the quick way to becoming a SFO for a few days in the year and without all hassel of having some officer over you telling you what to do. And you get to choose all of your own gear and weapons without hassel as well as there is no standard weapon to be used.

I take it that you have never played an orginized airsoft game and have no idea about the adrenaline that starts pumping when you are storming the bunker of some enemies and everything is going completely haywire. Its an experience you won't have as an real SFO because you would be more worried about keeping your and your squadmates a live. And it is an experience that you will never get while playing a video game as you aren't sitting right in the middle of it and you know nothing can go wrong execpt that you might have to reload a few times.

Most of the people playing airsoft have huge respect for the real SFOs because they, afterall, put their life on the line so that we don't have to. Also a lot of airsoft people would like to become real SFOs, but because of, for example, lung problems or bad sight we have no chance at all to become one. Airsoft is the solution. Some people also just play airsoft so that they can get a chance to get ahold of the weapon of their choice because in a lot of countries, espcially Japan where airsoft started, the law forbids the use and owning of pistols,shotguns, rifles, sub-machine guns, assault rifles and so forth. Most countries don't have the laws that the US has when it comes to weapons and so airsoft has turned out to be the solution for a lot of people wanting to have realistic looking weapons without breaking the law.

So in short, airsoft is a hobby and a sport that alot of people like because of the adrenaline and the fact that you don't have to go through all of the training just to be allowed to "play"

ps, definition of sport: An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

So yes airsoft is an sport.

People don't even bother justifying something that you don't need to justify, this is your thread so enjoy it and don't let it be spoiled by others who will be dealt with if necessary smile_o.gif

Sorry placebo, habit ;)

Anyway anyone else looking forward to the AK74M from ICS this march?

ics_ak74m.jpg

I am very much looking forward to it smile_o.gif

I think ICS are very smart to put another AK on the market, especially if they do it at competing prizes and with various versions..

I do hope they make a version with a folding stock, since I am planning on representing a VDV trooper smile_o.gif

I also hope more manufacturers decide to build more Russian equipment, I get tired of seeing dozens of M16/M4/MP5 versions.. we need a nice VSS Vintorez, a good SVD Dragunov and perhaps even a PK(M) wink_o.gif

Does airsoft hurt? I believe if it does it must be fun. The only thing that bothers me is the "replica feel" of the guns. It make me think I'd feel sort of childish. Maybe paintball is more my cup of tea?

Any norwegians here who could give me an idea of the costs etc. ?