Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Guest DKM-jaguar

Any one know good UK (internet) retailers of high-quality airsoft weapons for around the Å100 mark?

I searched google..but most sites came up were just club sites.

Sexiest weapon ever! tounge_o.gif

I wonder how much it will cost... Not that I ever would be allowed to buy one here in Germany. crazy_o.gif

I think they're all more expensive than the Å100 mark sad_o.gif . I've seen some crappy Uzis around for Å70+, but that was 5 years or more ago! And the point being they are no good as a main weapon (Assault/Sniper~rifle), OK for a back up if they're not the 'mini/toy' kind, but a 1911 would be better IMO wink_o.gif ...

Guest DKM-jaguar

I saw some pics of an M14 on a link i found on arnie's airsoft, it was really realistic looking.  Also some news about an M24 being made. I'll try to find the link again.

Edit: turns out it was ON Arnie's airsoft. http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/beta/html/

I suggest you look at the other links too, it's a cool site.

Hi, i'am thinking abouth bying a Airsoft gun, but my friend said that these guns are crap, he has newer tryed one but he says that the power of these weapons are to low and the bullets travels to slow.

Is this true, or is he joust full of BS?

I'am thinking of buying a AEG Marui Colt M4A1 with a red dot sight, is this a good gun, and how far can you shoot with this one?

SolidSnake-(SNK)

You should ask your friend what type of airsoft gun he was shooting. If it was some crappy springer, he might get that impression, but if he fired an AEG he is full of crap. A Mauri M4 can shoot about 100 feet accuratly, then the bb's drop off. It also matters what your hopup setting is. I would say it is a good choice for a gun, but it matters where you are located. Are you in Northern america of Europe, Australia etc?

Quote[/b] ]Hi, i'am thinking abouth bying a Airsoft gun, but my friend said that these guns are crap, he has newer tryed one but he says that the power of these weapons are to low and the bullets travels to slow.
In comparison to hunting power (12lbs limit~UK) air~rifles they are slow, but for what they are intended they are fine, you would not want to get hit by an air~rifle pellet!!...
Quote[/b] ]I'am thinking of buying a AEG Marui  Colt M4A1 with a red dot sight, is this a good gun, and how far can you shoot with this one?

If you intend to practice airsoft combat, then yes. If all you want to do is shoot targets then I'd say no, they're not accurate enough in their grouping(plastic BB's have a tendency to 'curl' [in my limited experience] they're too inconsistant in weight/density~balance. Though 'Crossman' may make a 'superior' lead BB for target practice maybe?): get an air rifle for targets...

You can get some nice looking 'military looking' air~rifles (if not replicas: I think there's an AK model out now. I hav'nt looked for a while) if you're into the look of the gun as well. 'Skan' (UK firm I think) did a loverly looking precharged air gun that had a 'slide' pistol~grip action, that ever so slightly resembled a ThomsonSMG. It was quite expensive though and meant for ratting more than targets sad_o.gif ...

A Mauri M4 can shoot about 100 feet accuratly...

in stock... no..

I've tried out a stock TM M4A1 and the BB's go everywhere than the direction you are aiming at!  mad_o.gif

which resulted in a blue mark on my forehead  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

A Mauri M4 can shoot about 100 feet accuratly...

in stock... no..

I've tried out a stock TM M4A1 and the BB's go everywhere than the direction you are aiming at!  mad_o.gif

which resulted in a blue mark on my forehead  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Upgraded to 400 fps, my bad. A hundred feet might be a little genrerous, more like 70 feet within a 5 sq foot radious, with no crosswind. BTW, Is there any big difference between the M4/M733/XM-177E2?

BTW, Is there any big difference between the M4/M733/XM-177E2?

The XM is just about the same from what I've seen except it lacks the flat top receiver and doesn't shoot 300 FPS stock. The M733 has an even shorter barrel than the M4, and lacks the flattop upper-receiver. Both the XM and 733 shoot about 270-278.

I normally don't like editing people's posts but decided to do that rather than apply a post restriction this time. I assumed I was clear enough in my last post, I guess not, discuss Airsoft only, not the legality, or morality, or any other such thing, do not discuss "battles of wits" etc. Next time I will post restrict and increase warning levels.

Just a quick (slighty OT) question: does anyone know if M14 (either real or airsoft) are manufactured with a black synthetic stock? I'm sure I've seen pics of them before, but I can't find any on the web...maybe I am thinking of a Mini-14?

TIA wink_o.gif

The M-14 is made with a black synthetic stock. I'll see if I can find a link.

Airsoft Extreme has given out a price list for its M-14. It is alot cheaper than alot of us expected it to be, which is a good thing. smile_o.gif

AEG M14 US$ 420.00

AEG M14 Scope Mountbase US$ 70.50

POWER UP OF AEG M14 Level 4 US$ 320.00

AEG M14 Steel Barrels US$ 109.00

AEG M14 Aluminium Nozzles US$ 7.00

AEG M14 480 rd HiCap Mag US$ 29.00

POWER UP OF AEG M14 Level 2 US$ 58.00

AEG M14 Original 60 rd Magazine US$ 18.50

POWER UP OF AEG M14 Level 1 US$ 26.00

Yep, the AK47 in the last pic is missing its end piece on the barrel too. tounge_o.gif

Netherless, great pics Necromancer, I like the helmet. And by the way, were are you located? All of your pics always seem to show the fields all muddy and mushy.

you all play wearing too much crap. If you get shot in the webgear or in a thich part of your jacket you can hardly tell especially if you have adrenaline running through you. Before our team played all decked out like that but we adventaully dumped it all and played AS the harccore way: pants, a camo shirt, body camo, and boots. Its really fun and makes you think twice of even getting shot in the arm. then again nobody likes my gun cause its 400fps biggrin_o.gif Airsoft is so awesome. Also try doing just pistol games (gas pistols) its even more fun.

Yep, the AK47 in the last pic is missing its end piece on the barrel too. tounge_o.gif

Netherless, great pics Necromancer, I like the helmet. And by the way, were are you located? All of your pics always seem to show the fields all muddy and mushy.

The pics are taken in Belgium, Luik (Liege) during a rainy day on the 22nd November 2003.

I myself live in Amsterdam and play airsoft in Belgium due to the fact that our law sucks.

Is there any good cheap airsoft guns available from france? preferably made by asian industries

preferably this gun:

m41a.jpg

thx

Guest DKM-jaguar

That, sir, is a G36C tounge_o.gif

That, sir, is a G36C  tounge_o.gif

Not to mention a poorly made Taiwanese version.

Get them on ebay for around 40 bucks all together, suck majorly at skirmishing, but nice wall hangers.

If anyone has any questions on airsoft, ask me wink_o.gif