Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ?<span id='postcolor'>

Its just another sport, ran smile.gif

Why do cricketers feel like waving around that large stick? Why do rugby players feel like beating each other up? Why do feel boxers like smashing each other up? Why do airsofters feel like shooting each other with plastic pellets biggrin.gif

Same thing smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i don't mind a wooden stick , but gun replicas ... replicas of objects ment to kill people

i don't say for a collection .. but playing with those ? i feel unconfortable

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ April 20 2003,04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No don't join the military, it's good playing OFP. I know Ran can say this because the French just beat everyone nowadays with very few casualties, well according to exercises they do. But generally going to a place like Northern Ireland is not fun, well unless you're the paras!

Those guys are crazy!<span id='postcolor'>

hehehe ....

it's good playing OFP , i agree smile.gif

but for the airsoft .... well , i've already expressed my point of view

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ?<span id='postcolor'>

Why do cricketers feel like waving around that large stick? Why do rugby players feel like beating each other up? Why do feel boxers like smashing each other up? Why do airsofters feel like shooting each other with plastic pellets biggrin.gif

i don't mind a wooden stick , but gun replicas ... replicas of objects ment to kill people

i don't say for a collection .. but playing with those ? i feel unconfortable<span id='postcolor'>

When little kids play cowboy and indian, they also use gun replicas. Yes, they are bad replicas, but still replicas. No difference mate smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ?<span id='postcolor'>

i don't say for a collection .. but playing with those ? i feel unconfortable<span id='postcolor'>

When little kids play cowboy and indian, they also use gun replicas. Yes, they are bad replicas, but still replicas. No difference mate smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes there is a difference , airsoft guns can be more often and more easily misused than the kids' gun replicas

and since you consider it as a sport , i doubt you would mind if airsofts looked like shoe boxes with an handguard , would you ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,13:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ?<span id='postcolor'>

When little kids play cowboy and indian, they also use gun replicas. Yes, they are bad replicas, but still replicas. No difference mate smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes there is a difference , airsoft guns can be more often and more easily misused than the kids' gun replicas

and since you consider it as a sport , i doubt you would mind if airsofts looked like shoe boxes with an handguard , would you ?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I would mind, its like asking cricket players to use kitchen rolls instead of real bats, like asking football players to use a can of coke instead of a football, like asking boxers to fight a matrass.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,13wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,12:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 19 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do people feel the need to play around with gun replicas ?<span id='postcolor'>

and since you consider it as a sport , i doubt you would mind if airsofts looked like shoe boxes with an handguard , would you ?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I would mind, its like asking cricket players to use kitchen rolls instead of real bats, like asking football players to use a can of coke instead of a football, like asking boxers to fight a matrass.....<span id='postcolor'>

then you know what most of the french BallTrap shooters felt (i was one of these)

new reglementations arrived limiting the use of our own hunting rifles in BallTrap and meaning we would have to buy new rifles dedicated to the sport , some kinds of shiny colored pîpes with a buttstock and a trigger , so a lot of people said NO and now we've forgotten about balltrap and are waiting for the hunting season to begin

but on the other hand , it drove old drunkard hunters away from the shooting ranges

but why using these gun replicas ? you feel "L337" when having a metal replica of a military gun in your hands ?

if i could , i'd make a law that would severly weight on the allowed airsoft designs ....

Couldn`t they just put a couloured insignia on the slides of the airsofts , that was REALLY hard to miss or something .

So it would be hard to mistaken it for a real weapon .

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ArchangelSKT @ April 20 2003,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Couldn`t they just put a couloured insignia on the slides of the airsofts , that was REALLY hard to miss or something .

So it would be hard to mistaken it for a real weapon .<span id='postcolor'>

hmm , i'd like to se something ressembling vaguely to real weapons (still conserving their general shapes though) and with coloured parts such as grey trigger group or dark blue barrel

For the players protection maybe there should be some identifiable mark or something. Like an extra small part on the handle or barrel or something.

but what i don't understand with airsoft is the need of the players to play with perfect replicas ......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,08:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but what i don't understand with airsoft is the need of the players to play with perfect replicas ......<span id='postcolor'>

Okay, anyways, I am about to have my Ak-47 upgraded to 400Fps, and I am told that I will need a more powerful battery to keep the gun firing at a decent RPM.

I have a borrowed crappy 7.2 volt 1000mah battery. It does its job just fine on my gun right now, but I am worried I will need to replace it.

Will I need to get a new battery? If so, what Voltage? MaH?

confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,15:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but what i don't understand with airsoft is the need of the players to play with perfect replicas ......<span id='postcolor'>

More fun than goofy as lookin paintball guns.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 20 2003,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, anyways, I am about to have my Ak-47 upgraded to 400Fps,<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gifmad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 20 2003,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, anyways, I am about to have my Ak-47 upgraded to 400Fps,<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps crazy.gif  crazy.gif  crazy.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps is the standard fps for outdoor airsoft here in Arizona. If you are playing CQB scenarios, it has to be less than 300 fps though.

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 20 2003,19wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 20 2003,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, anyways, I am about to have my Ak-47 upgraded to 400Fps,<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps is the standard fps for outdoor airsoft here in Arizona.  If you are playing CQB scenarios, it has to be less than 300 fps though.<span id='postcolor'>

Christ, thats mad!

In the UK, if you turn up with an automatic rifle that clocks more than 320 fps, you're out. Only exceptions are single shot sniper rifles.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ April 20 2003,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ April 20 2003,15:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but what i don't understand with airsoft is the need of the players to play with perfect replicas ......<span id='postcolor'>

More fun than goofy as lookin paintball guns.<span id='postcolor'>

*Me shoots Harnu with my Tippmann*

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,20:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 20 2003,19wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 20 2003,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, anyways, I am about to have my Ak-47 upgraded to 400Fps,<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps <!--emo&crazy.gif  crazy.gif  crazy.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps is the standard fps for outdoor airsoft here in Arizona.  If you are playing CQB scenarios, it has to be less than 300 fps though.<span id='postcolor'>

Christ, thats mad!

In the UK, if you turn up with an automatic rifle that clocks more than 320 fps, you're out. Only exceptions are single shot sniper rifles.<span id='postcolor'>

where i am, you can go up to i believe they said the rule was 500-550fps before they tossed you out. it is an outdoor range and that limit is on everything.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,11:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 20 2003,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, anyways, I am about to have my Ak-47 upgraded to 400Fps,<span id='postcolor'>

Are you going to stare, or help me out? tounge.gif

We play outdoors here, with maximum engagement ranges of 30-55 yards, thats like 100+ feet (If your gun can reach that far, Mine can't so I'm upgrading), most areas are atleast one square mile. And im not in the Uk, so I don't have to follow their rules.

And if you think getting shot from 30 feet away with a gun firing at about 390-415 fps hurts, well then your a sissy.

I was shot in the face 10 times by a hevily modified Stery AUG Airsoft gun firing .25 grade bbs at 415 Fps(I was wearing Eye protection) from about 25-35 feet away and barely felt a thing. I thought I got a bruise from it, but it turned out to have come from a Ceder Tree (Damn those trees)

As a matter of fact, I have sustained more injuries while playing Airsoft from Trees, Trenches, Brush, Razor vines, and all sorts of nasty bugs (Fire Ants), than I have from Airsoft bb's.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,13:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ April 20 2003,19wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 20 2003,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ April 20 2003,18:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okay, anyways, I am about to have my Ak-47 upgraded to 400Fps,<span id='postcolor'>

400 fps <!--emo&crazy.gif  crazy.gif  crazy.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Christ, thats mad!

In the UK, if you turn up with an automatic rifle that clocks more than 320 fps, you're out. Only exceptions are single shot sniper rifles.<span id='postcolor'>

And who says im not modifing the my Ak to a SVD Dragunov? crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Because it's still fully automatic. tounge.gifwink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yeah... I can change that... I think...  tounge.gif  confused.gif Be kinda stupid though...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 19 2003,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(3) oh no little johnny shot his friend in t he ass and it STINGS like hell well it makes a change from them gegtting pissed on cheap cider and vandalising cars confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh no, little Johnny just shot his friend in the eye and half-blinded him permanently!  Now little Johnny will be working off the lawsuit debt for the rest of his life while his friend lives with only one eye.

Good call johnny!<span id='postcolor'>

so,what hhappens if little johnny done it the old fashioned way and knocked his friined eye while play knights with sticks instead of swords?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ April 20 2003,07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 20 2003,07:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,05:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I drive 35 miles to school all the time!  Thats a 70 mile round trip!!!!  And you're concerned about driving 20 miles to avoid beign arrested and ruining the sport of airsoft for the rest of us!?!?!?!?!?

And yes it does concern me!  You know why people are so up tight about people playing airsoft?  Because of people running around being very irresponsible with their toys thus making everybody else think that we're going to act the same way.  You're ruining it for the rest of us!<span id='postcolor'>

whoopdee shit? now ask me if i give a fuck about you driving that long, thats your choice. and i seriously doubt me getting arrested will ruin the sport for everyone.<span id='postcolor'>

Lord.  you really dont get it, do you?

Here's a scenario:

You and your moron park playing airsoft friends are running around like idiots shooting at each other with airsoft guns in a dark park.  SOme jogger or guy out walking his dog sees you and your buddies.  Calls the cops.  Guy just so happens to know what MP5's or whatever you are using look like.  And you've either painted the barrels black ofver the orange so you look more '1337' or he doesnt see the orange plugs.  So he calls 911 and mentions there are some guys with firearms running around in the part.  And some jumpy cop with an itchy finger winds up shooting one of you yahoos.

Then the angry lawyers come out and in the end no one can buy airsoft guns in the state.  And if you dont think it can happen, you need to give your head a shake.  Some lady won megabucks from McDonalds because their coffee was hot!! Can you imagine how much would happen if someone actually got killed?<span id='postcolor'>

yep u would stand a better chance if u actually went around with real gguns that way u can bag one before he shoots u.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ April 20 2003,08:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bobbyjoe @ April 20 2003,13wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">this shit still doesnt concern you, so stop bitching just because you can. if you lived around here you would understand the situation better. but you dont.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it does concern us.  Why?  Because every time someone does something dumb, we lose another freedom.

It's happened so many times before.  Some girl in my high school skipped school so many times they stopped letting us leave the property for lunch.  Some rookie pilot blows a noise abatement procedure, they shut the whole airport down.  Some kid gets blown away by a 19 year old cop in Las Vegas, airsoft is illegal in the US.

mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ur both equally responsible for the loss of freedom