Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

It was a lot of fun getting attacked, our company didn't get out of the base much.. we were on guard detail for quite a bit of the time..

Some of our enemies fought really well, especially the Finns.. smile_o.gif

Finn's are known for their combat skills. Just look at WWII.

If I ended up toe to toe with a Finn in airsoft I'd run back to where I came from firing behind me wildly crazy_o.gif

Lmao.

Thank you. tounge2.gif

Really. I'm shooting bear cans with a rifle that hasn't got a properly zeroed scope... it still hits what I'm aiming at. crazy_o.gif

Btw, any idea of the outfit she's (you know who I mean) wearing? Well, not only it is (somewhat) hot, but... looks nice. OD, cotton(/poly). I want that. huh.gif

Any suggestions on some scopes(Cheap replica acogs), upgrades, or RIS for an Echo 1 M16A4. I bought a red dot scope for it today, also a battery and charger because my first battery and charger blew on the second day huh.gif .

Thanks

Hey i tried to live with it but when i have to keep handing your arses to you on a platter when it comes to legality & technical details about your own sport, it makes me think i realy want to not have to deal with airsofters & just chat with paintballers.

Any way if you ACtuly READ the 1st 6+ pages of this thread its prety much AIRSOFT is better than paintball Whining, without any technical resoning behind it, just biasd anti paintball crap.

Here's a technical detail for you:

Most paintballguns don't look like real guns, airsoft guns do look like real guns.  wink_o.gif

In airsoft you don't need that much facial protection than in paintball.

BB's are much cheaper than paintballs.

Your legality issue's do not apply to every country.

You call this biased? Go ahead.

^^ lmao rofl.gif

No cam here, otherwise i could share my first time bloody dent with you guys biggrin_o.gif

Unfortunately we ran out of balls when my mojo finally decided to play with - and not against - me.

Lol thats quite bad  biggrin_o.gif point blank? coverd skin?

But if your prone to heavy bruising, or welts you should try taking some Arnica, & a little Vitamin E.

I dont normaly get tagged at paintball, as i normaly run out of paint 1st  biggrin_o.gif

But the times i do i normaly take a face hit as thats all you should exspose if your waching your angles, good to see you had a fun time though, how many you Take V Tags?

As for airsoft well i've seen 3 Broken teeth over four months of summer airsofting, with the old Oh you cant shoot closer than 20ft rule..  whistle.gif  (never works)

& the 1st time i got hit it was a "Sniper"  icon_rolleyes.gif  using a heavy grain BB not sure what the weight was as he got all shifty when i asked him what it was, & replyed  "It happens" but it shure bled me good. (on my elbo had T-shirt on)

Also they laughed because i wore my paintball mask wouldent risk it.:p

p.s havent been bled by paintball yet.

& the 1st time i got hit it was a "Sniper"  icon_rolleyes.gif  using a heavy grain BB not sure what the weight was as he got all shifty when i asked him what it was, & replyed  "It happens" but it shure bled me good. (on my elbo had T-shirt on)

Also they laughed because i wore my paintball mask wouldent risk it.:p

p.s havent been bled by paintball yet.

So why are you calling us "pussysofters" then? tounge2.gif

Yeah, in anouther thread he was saying Airsoft is for pussies who can't take the pain of paintball... crazy_o.gif

Edit: At least I'm 90% sure it was him....

Because The real game imo is gay, for many reasons.

+ the guys i was playing with were all using illegal ammo & Gas/Springs/Electric settings. but you couldent tell e'm to cocky.

Any ways i think this is another mix up you think being cool & hard (from what your saying) is taking lots of pain..

As a paintballer i think Being Hard & Cool is being, Flexable,

a good shot whilst moving, Choosing equipment because it WORKS better, not because it LOOKS like a toy gun..

& also i think its kinda gay to dress up & play soldiers & killing  with replica guns.. confused_o.gif

why not play ARMA!  thumbs-up.gif  or join the army.   goodnight.gif

But yet AGAIN! i dident want to have to explain things to airsofters, bash paintball, or any aspect of the sport & its automatic Pussysofter name tag returns.

Although im shure some plucky, & if not extreamly board "admin" will come along & give me one of those nice little colored blocks,  rofl.gif  

Although i still question whay an IRISH paintball thread would be forced to merge with an airsoft thread, i know the admins point of view on this, but I know paintballers & airsofters just dont mix to well, if at all.

For example a few of the sites in scotland Totaly "Close down" for airsofters or do only airsoft during the week, so the 2 groupes dont mix, they even have totaly diferent staff.

Lol thats quite bad biggrin_o.gif point blank? coverd skin?

But if your prone to heavy bruising, or welts you should try taking some Arnica, & a little Vitamin E.

I dont normaly get tagged at paintball, as i normaly run out of paint 1st biggrin_o.gif

But the times i do i normaly take a face hit as thats all you should exspose if your waching your angles, good to see you had a fun time though, how many you Take V Tags?

Went on Saturday with afew guys from my old squardon, that shot was in the final free for all. All the 10 year olds there chickened out so it was about 6 of us on each other, got caught in the killzone dead centre being shot in the arse and chest. Chased a freind and caught him retreating with a fair few, I counted 25 marks on myself but thats some of the fun of it, was thinking about investing in a tippman 98' shortly.

ouch lol that sounded more like a stag party game.

As for 98's you cant go wrong if your buying a 2nd hand one make sure its the © variant custom as they fixed some of the feed problems on the old one.

its some times called the Ak-47 of the paintball world.

if not some what more unreliable hehe.

Dont pay more than 45-55 GBP MAX retail for it + postage

as you can pick em up at trade for 14-20GBP new/boxed.

alot of people say the price is heavy on paint but you can buy a box of 2000 quality rounds for less than 10gbp or mid quality for 5gbp & under.  biggrin_o.gif & with paint balls you normaly know who you hit tounge2.gif

(then again paint needs to be mached to your barrel you should have a look at PB nation forums about that, but there are about 8 sizes in the actual .68 cal range of paintballs, & its the diff as im sure you know m8 of 10 out of 100 breaking to 3 in 1000.) & i mached my A5 flatline to an Inferno brand which i bought for only 5gbp per 2000 & it broke at max range  90% of the time, went strait, & barely broke in barrel out of 2000 i think it was 4 breaks.

But if your Centre lets you use that paint instead of 5-10gbp per 100 shots they will go bankrupt in most cases.

Personally i always tried to get my boss to switch to a

Walk-On participation fee instead of Compulsary marker/safety rental at 25-45 euro per persion. (PP) & open Afternoon's from 4pm on?

But if your site will let you (i guese they mainly use 98's?)

Try & get yourself one of thsoe hairline trigger speed ball markers. they are cool but rain paint, then again they always seem to have problems, where as the old Mechanicals just keep on rocking.

But it realy depends on your play style i mean are you quick on your feet? wirey framed sort? mid sort of avrage build? Jaba the hut? (i once called u guy that  at Go ballistic Dublin, he had a pump action marker we took the piss out of him... he got me & 2 other guys in 1 "spray" from 180ft+ away through a small gap i wasent watching)

It all depends on your play style.

If your Avrage build you got a few native choices,

Mid field assault, fire support, Marksman, Defender.

Ive never actuly seen one play with a double barreld marker but it would cool, veetwin2.jpg

But if you Like teh idea of Support you realy want somthing electric, although you could get an tippy with E-Grip but the law is a little sketchy on that last time i checked.

but if your a wirey little short arse biggrin_o.gif & your site has good cover i suggest ether a couple of paintball pistol's pistols.gif

or a nice Precision Pump for scout sniping, like the Cobra.

14_cobra.jpg

or even a Modified Pistol. smile_o.gif

so what class you think you fall into?

Because The real game imo is gay, for many reasons.

+ the guys i was playing with were all using illegal ammo & Gas/Springs/Electric settings. but you couldent tell e'm to cocky.

Any ways i think this is another mix up you think being cool & hard (from what your saying) is taking lots of pain..

a good shot whilst moving, Choosing equipment because it WORKS better, not because it LOOKS like a toy gun..

& also i think its kinda gay to dress up & play soldiers & killing  with replica guns.. confused_o.gif

why not play ARMA!  thumbs-up.gif  or join the army.   goodnight.gif

But yet AGAIN! i dident want to have to explain things to airsofters, bash paintball, or any aspect of the sport & its automatic Pussysofter name tag returns.

Although i still question whay an IRISH paintball thread would be forced to merge with an airsoft thread, i know the admins point of view on this, but I know paintballers & airsofters just dont mix to well, if at all.

Despite your own belief, what YOU think is NOT a FACT. Some people prefer paintball some prefer airsoft. The competition between paintball and airsoft is pathetic. After all they are both toy gun games.

I bloody laugh at any airsofter or paintball player for thinking he's hard for playing a wee pretend war. While you guys think your hard for getting a few bruises or a knocked out tooth REAL soldiers are getting killed or seriously injured by REAL bullets.

Why would anybody want to join the army? Shit pay, not a great rifle, mediocre equipment, unappreciated and chances are you will get injured or die.

AGAIN! People prefer what they prefer!  yay.gif

I question why Ireland deserves it's own paintball thread. How is it different from French or Albanian paintball? What is it with this airsoft - paintball divide? Apart from being pathetic you said in another thread you didn't like things that divide people. Hypocrite ahoy!  yay.gif

Lol thats quite bad biggrin_o.gif point blank? coverd skin?

Left forearm, tshirt, about 6m.

Not bad at all, reckognized it later in the staging area ... that other hit on the tip of my left middle finger was worse, but funny enough to not think about the pain lol

how many you Take V Tags?
What´s that supposed to mean? My engrish is letting me down here.
I bloody laugh at any airsofter or paintball player for thinking he's hard for playing a wee pretend war. While you guys think your hard for getting a few bruises or a knocked out tooth REAL soldiers are getting killed or seriously injured by REAL bullets.

I do it for the sports, the teamwork (well sort of) and the fun. Pain is just a crucial motivational factor for me - and it works.

Never wore any camo clothes yet either, the tourist style (3/4 pants and ArmA tshirt) scares teh enemy nonetheless .. especially when youre the least 'protected' guy on the whole field biggrin_o.gif

& also i think its kinda gay to dress up & play soldiers & killing with replica guns.. confused_o.gif

why not play ARMA! thumbs-up.gif or join the army. goodnight.gif

Could you please explain what the 1st sentence means?

Choose the weapon you like the most. If you want it to work better, upgrade it. Mine works fine, and I like the thing. It's durable, accurate and ergonomical.

By that statement, re-enactors are "kinda gay". As are most paintballers I've seen. Military stuff is somewhat "in" atm, plus atleast some of it is usable elsewhere, too. Most beginning airsofters don't have uniforms. And well, part of the fun is the same with i.e. OFP and movies. It feels realistic, plsu you're part of it. Especially if the scenario is based on some real or plausible event.

Got ArmA, due to enter service next July.

Most CQC I know gets done in semi shots or short bursts.

I do it for the sports, the teamwork (well sort of) and the fun. Pain is just a crucial motivational factor for me - and it works.

Never wore any camo clothes yet either, the tourist style (3/4 pants and ArmA tshirt) scares teh enemy nonetheless .. especially when youre the least 'protected' guy on the whole field biggrin_o.gif

I don't think you understand what I said. I mean people who think they are tough for playing the game. That's like a guy who thinks he's a military expert for playing a few video games while proper military experts spend years studying.

@Iron+Cross: Why aren't you just trying to share this thread with airsofters, I mean, we don't call you gay, say that you are a weak pussy since you "can't take the pain of airsoft".

I mean, who are you to judge anyone of us, seeing as you don't know anyone. Maybe I am a real life military that has served in really harsh conflicts, and now I want to play with people to get good recreation, maybe get some fun out of it.

Or maybe I'm just an airsoft lover.

But the bottom-line is, I haven't seen any of the airsofters here calling you gay/pussy and so on, where as you (with every reply) has done the same to us.

Why don't you just try to make a more calm and civilized discussion about a serious topic if you really want to sort out which of airsoft and paintball is the best, instead of saying:

"Paintball rules, airsoft is for pussies!!!!"

P.S. You broke the first rule smile_o.gif

Anyways, end of rant, back on topic:

Has anyone converted an AEG to operate with gas (either CO2 or standard airsoft-gas)?

In that case, does the auto work, or are you making it semi (sniper mostly).

And also, what specs do you get (ie, is the speed, accuracy, sound and so on)?

Perhaps I should consider three things:

- A verbal warning

- Handing out a few vacations

- Locking this thread for a undetermined period

The first one doesn't seem to be working well at all. Perhaps it's time to step up to the next level?

Play nice, people. We'll be watching.

Hy Mr burns, glad to hear your a Lunatic on the field, always ads some flare hehe.

so would that be midfield Lunatic or Vanguard Lunatic?

As for that middle finger serves you right biggrin_o.gif (been there)

when i was asking how many did you take v Tag, i was in other words asking how many games did you get taged out of & how many tags or (Kill's) did you get? just wondering what your avrage is.

so did you play recball or Speedball?

Quote[/b] ]The competition between paintball and airsoft is pathetic

What Competition? wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]After all they are both toy gun games.

I agree on The retail side of things certinly, If it werent for millions of the general Public in Ireland & UK paying hundreds of millions to play "wargames" of paintball, & pretend to be soldiers, Airsoft would be rolling in it,

But far be it for me to tell em to go spend there money on airsoft & play "proper soldiers"  rofl.gif

(To be honest I think its more about the louder noise of the markers & the basic idea of Paint marks you out, thats it. as Alot adults who think of these sorts of games think yeh its like cowboys and Indians but how can you tell who's out? & then dismissi it)

Quote[/b] ]I bloody laugh at any airsofter or paintball player for thinking he's hard for playing a wee pretend war. While you guys think your hard for getting a few bruises or a knocked out tooth REAL soldiers are getting killed or seriously injured by REAL bullets.

Totaly agree m8

Quote[/b] ]AGAIN! People prefer what they prefer!

Again i Totaly agree, & i would add they should be aloud to enjoy it without the Pressing opinions of people who dont like it constantly heckeling.

Quote[/b] ]I question why Ireland deserves it's own paintball thread. How is it different from French or Albanian paintball?  

2 reasons.

1# when you look at the begining of this thread for the 1st 6+ pages, its prety much ANTI paintball, with little or no interferance by Paintballers.

which is fine you speak & think what you like in your forum thread, & some one else speaks about what they think and feal, Now under NORMAL Circumstances, if a paintballer Waded into an Airsoft thread or likewise airsofter waided into a paintball thread & started spouting Inflamitory posts,

That persion would get a bad mark if he carried on &  woudl be told to keep on topic or go to a thread that was more along with his persuasion.

Now I made an indipendant thread, as i dident want to disrupt the airsofters or hurt there little fealings & start a flame war belive it or not...(which happend because The airsofters have concepts of Legality is some what eccentric)

& it was an AIRSOFT thread not a PAINTBALL thread so it would have been OT talking about PB.

2# I wanted to talk with Paintballers from Ireland, hence name Irish paintball, Also i was interested if any one here had been to the site i worked on & was up for a game some time.

Quote[/b] ]Could you please explain what the 1st sentence means?

It was a small rant about an not so entierly fun airsoft game

that seemed Realtive to the reply i was making taken in context ofcourse.

Quote[/b] ]Military stuff is somewhat "in" atm

Depends on where you play & who with,

I play recball & scenario games when i can, but Speed ball is by fave atm but i always love a big game, & i use camo when its in season, & the terrain supports it, but only for camouflage reasons not to play soldiers.. huh.gif

If camo is useless i would just wear a Tshirt/lite hoodie

with Skid pants or Cargo skids, whatever they call em this weather. biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]re-enactors are "kinda gay".

I stand by this, people who buy Replica guns & run around in full Combats, .. whistle.gif  well, its a little bit sound of music for my tastes..

Quote[/b] ]Why aren't you just trying to share this thread

I'm trying, LORD HELP ME I'M TRYIN!  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Maybe I am a real life military that has served in really harsh conflicts

.... rofl.gif  thumbs-up.gif

But Tbh i just want to talk about paintball, & if you read form teh begining of this thread its prety much airsoft & Anti paintballism (new word there)  tounge2.gif As for the the names, well ther is a famous line.

"dont start none, you wont get none".

Any ways 90% of my post was taken up by airsoft, not by my choice, so dont ask or accuse & there is no problem, but if we have to share the same thread YET AGAIN, dont say crap about Paintball, or anything about Airsoft that would try to Compete with Paintball, that i know not to be true.

although friendly questions & chats about airsoft/paintball where we can share info is cool.

p.s so when you say watching is that like.

03-10-29-cctv-1.jpg

or

cat%2520watching%2520goldfish.jpg

Ummmm... regarding the first post of this thread... it was made in 2002. Most of the people who posted haven't been active for quite a while now, and the rest have likely changed atleast a bit. Regarding BDUs and alike, I meant as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised if someone walks past me wearing BDU pants in my school.

Wex, hmmmm. I do recall seeing something about making such conversions. Well, atleast making a air cocked rifle (you know, the power source is your arm) into an AEG. Since the basics are same, it shouldn't be that hard. Would most likely require removing most of the parts though, and modifying the magazine (unless you create the propellant storage inside the gun).

Regarding the full-auto capability, that shouldn't be an issue, since AFAIK, the most of the guns are limited to semi only. I recall that you can make a Marui DE full-auto by removing one or two parts. tounge2.gif

Hy Mr burns, glad to hear your a Lunatic on the field, always ads some flare hehe.

so would that be midfield Lunatic or Vanguard Lunatic?

As for that middle finger serves you right biggrin_o.gif (been there)

when i was asking how many did you take v Tag, i was in other words asking how many games did you get taged out of & how many tags or (Kill's) did you get? just wondering what your avrage is.

so did you play recball or Speedball?

Usually playing speedball on a non supair field. I´d do supair too but its often occupied by the jersey guys (as i like to call them) and the guys i go with fear their markers biggrin_o.gif

As for the pos i play - it´s maybe something between midfield & vanguard lunatic as i like to flank to the complete opposite side of the field if theres a opportunity to scre the other team. Other than that i´m still learning by trial & error, this weekend was just my 5th game or so yet.

Thats a good excuse for a still poor average of almost 70% deaths to about 5-10 kills per day - well at least my supressive fire helps the team.

What marker do you use? Hearing that you run out of ammo before anyone is able to tag you makes me guess that it was expensive - and youre maybe a back player?

Cool so your storm trooper  biggrin_o.gif

if you havent got a marker yet & your avrage build,

Try for a nice lite marker & just a few pods or Q-pods mags or whatever they call em.

if you want a nice lite marker id go for a BT-4 its basicly a  good Rehash of the Tippman 98C with better parts, & the bad bits reworked, (from what ive read) although the 98C was ok it was nice and lite compared with most other markers.

From what you told me, i would a advise (to start with) an BT-4  & a 12 ounce Co2 (for mobility) with Anti Siphon filter installed, dose the same job as those exspansion chambers prety much & stops you form shooting ice in colder weather.

as for hopper's well i never liked em lol youd have to make your own mind up.(but 99% of them never feed properly if your not holdiong them within 30 degrees of a strait up hehe, chaepest up to the most exspensive, (unless they got some new gadget i aint heard of.) although Q-loader looks & seems to perform well.

Barrels, well you can waist money on new ceramics & all that if you like but, it comes down 4 things  Ish..

Ball Breakage in barrel, Rate of fire,  Range, & Accurecy.

Personally i prefer  Range & Accurecy.

(but the flatline if used correctly can provide all 4!wink_o.gif

So i would suggest a Flatline over the Apex barrel, as ive been reading about the Apex barrel which seems to be a step up from Flatline, I observed in most of the APEX Demo Video's that on "Flatline" mode the Apex barrel seems to make the ball Violently Curve Downwords before going strait, I dont like that & i dont get that with my Flatline, I fire it go's for about 300+ Feet & hits within a dinnerplate size dish most of the time.

So the barrel I would suggest is Flatline. (reasons)

1 As your Not going to Do rapid Fire with a Mechanical marker, although if you get the Tippman A5 with Flatline you can get up to 15bps, max i got by hand was 9-12 E-grip would fix this & with the flick of a switch, turn your marker from a Sharp rifle into a support marker, with Sharp shooting capability's.

2 If your assaulting it dont add much to range it makes it ALOT more easy to predict where the ball will hit,

3 If you have to make some long range shots its there when you need it

4 you Can save Gas because it uses Less gas to send the ball 300+ feet down range, i found that out by accident, basicly if you use the full 300fps it breaks the balls in barrel like 10 out of 100 (alot) but for me & the other 2 flatline's i helped tune i brought it down to 245fps with a medium shell paint & i got full range with good breaks on target 9 out of 10 balls = 1 bounce, Please note that at slower speeds the ball actuly keeps near its launch speed ALOT longer than normal barrel.

which is good trust me.

(i could advise you to get other kinds of barrles but hey if its not broke dont fix it, & im getting a bad vibe the more i see/read about this Apex barrel.)

BT Tippmann markers

check it out the BT-4

Here is my Marker.

tippmann A5 Flatline & i use a scope like the one mounted also

No stock though. i just have the tank mounted a little higher so it acts as Stock. & i have it fitted for Co2  as it saves lunking around O2 tanks to sites that have plenty of Co2, (also it makes you look to much liek one of the "Jersy's" hehe.)

tippmann_paintball_gun.jpg

I play where i can but mostly find myself using the range to pester people, I get most of my tag's (when i was playing alot,) from people getting cocky thinking im out of range biggrin_o.gif

But in general I play with A-5 + flatline no E-grip, & stick in general are to squad leader.(waching for flankers, & taking Distance shots that you cant take when your to close to your squad.)

I find the whole lone gunman affair somwhat stressful.

(2 eye's One aint so good, & Mask that Fogs up NO MATTER HOw much i hawwk in it..)  crazy_o.gif  lol.

But i normally Follow my squad, give em cover, & help out with assaults when were running low on newbee's mouhaha.

But your right in a sence, as when im playing with people i dont know or people that have no sence of tactics & teamwork, i generaly sit near the back of our front most players, bout half my markers range.

so you not going to fill me in on the gorey details of the game? id like to hear.