Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

Airsoft & Paintball and those in between.

Not only energy matters... quality of the weapon (mechanics, feed and barrel), of the BBs used and the skills (and luck biggrin_o.gif) of the shooter play a vital factor, as do the conditions. With hop-up and wind included calculating the exact range of a BB, well, isn't impossible but would result a hell of a equation.

I'm happy using my M15A4 Tactical Carbine and shooting beer cans with it from around 30 metres... and I haven't even calibrated it that well to be honest. Just aligned the Aimpoint with the front sight... not the way to do it, but works. tounge2.gif

Here in Finland we do not actually have that much limits... just "basic" ones. About 1.2 to 1.4 Joules for normal assault rifles, a tad more (2 J or so) for support weapons and up to 3 Joules for sniper rifles, those are the limits that apply in most places. For CQC stuff, it's usually around 1 J.

We're computer geeks, you work out? What's so brave about getting all bruises? If it works without extra pain and stuff, can't see the reason going into that. crazy_o.gif Plus most AS guns weight about the same as their counterparts (around 3 kg), and i.e. an M60 can easily weight up to 13-14 kilograms. Add to that a Vietnam scenario with all the gear with ya... ouch. Plus if one is into real firearms or associated, the gear works well with that.

Could you stop making this thread into a "paintball is better then airsoft"-thread?

It really sucks. And I mean, you just repeat your stands, and post randomly.

The difference between paintball and airsoft is huge, so don't even start comparing those 2.

Although, if we still are comparing, I haven't seen any 1200 people, 4 day paintball MilSim re-enactment game.

If you know of any, please link me wink_o.gif

Could you stop making this thread into a "paintball is better then airsoft"-thread?

The difference between paintball and airsoft is huge, so don't even start comparing those 2.

Although, if we still are comparing, I haven't seen any 1200 people, 4 day paintball MilSim re-enactment game.

You really are a consequent person, aren´t ya? huh.gif

You´re right, it sucks.

And to answer your question thoroughly:

http://www.feier-tiere.de/v/Wald_Und_Wiese/Biggame_Mahlwinkel/

^^ Big Game @ Mahlwinkel

edit: A more serious PB vs. AS Video

Nice one Burns, some times i dont have the energy to deal with em. icon_rolleyes.gif

So you pussysyofters..  wink_o.gif   have a little game once every 3-6 years or somthing? is that per continant?

who's contesting what? have you seen what teh begining of this Thread is like? talk about "paintball is better then airsoft"

which it is. wink_o.gif

uhmm here's another one Big Game 07

and we even got Cripball

Paintball4.jpg

i know i shouldent have said that but hey i met one of these guys & they build there own tanks & use that German guys Laser tag system for vehicles.

Hey Burns Whats your thoughts on tat as a paintballer?

Do you Prefer the U.S system of Nerf launchers for Vehicles & Anti Vehicle systems  or the Euro Laser tag system?

Here is a link to paintball tanks & UGV's great stuff!

Paintball tanks international

The euro system which is just a plain laser Tag system is mounted in the main turret, & 4 tag pads on the vehicles Hull.

micro%20laser%20tank%20tag.JPG

But the U.S system which i think would kill Insurance wise, It uses Nerf missles that fire at each other, some times soaked in paint, bit dodgy if you ask me.

Nerf launcher

Read, then post. Aight?

Anyways, to Iron+Cross: Pussysofters? What kinda' word is that? And not that your post made sense, but I'm sure you meant something farely intelligent.

Just as I did yay.gif

And also, a few MilSim airsofters I know go to biggames perhaps 5-10 times a year around europe and sometimes even goes to the US for games.

So, once in 3-6 years? Naaah. You got no clue what you're talking about.

And stop the airsofters are all idiot-bashing, we're not bashing paintball, we're mostly making the arguments of airsofts being more MilSim, more accurate and cheaper (well, atleast the ammo).

And if you want pain (seeing as airsoft is to pussy for you), I guess you could meet up with airsoft snipers who have 600fps rifles with .34g alu-bullets, and take a point-blank smile_o.gif

Nice one Burns, some times i dont have the energy to deal with em. icon_rolleyes.gif

So you pussysyofters..  wink_o.gif   have a little game once every 3-6 years or somthing? is that per continant?

who's contesting what? have you seen what teh begining of this Thread is like? talk about "paintball is better then airsoft"

which it is. wink_o.gif

If you think your tough by getting shot by flying paint or plastic (airsoft) you all need a good shoeing from the armed services of every nation.

Honest to god there is not really a big difference between them. Like Placebo said the games are both about people shooting people with toy guns.

Well, on the AS boards I visit there are quite a few guys who have been deployed in UN ops in i.e. Kosovo and Afghanistan. wink_o.gif

Regarding games... usually something atleast every weekend, 2-4 MilSims, few WWII games and few other bigger events.

Honest to god there is not really a big difference between them. Like Placebo said the games are both about people shooting people with toy guns.

He stole my quote mad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

@Iron+Cross: Go easy, calling them pussysofters isn´t gonna help here at all. This is not the inquisation crazy_o.gif

After all it comes down to toy guns, fun and sports.

@all: Group hug?

tounge2.gif

ahw its like sharing a paintball site at skirmish with airsofters.. biggrin_o.gif

& who said i was ard not that id not enjoy the thought..

but like i said I started a PAINTBALL IRELAND THREAD & it got merged with ..... This...."thing"

& if you dont like paintballers Go get your own thread..oh wait we cant.. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@all: Group hug?
well they are pussysofters, but i have little inhabition toword a hug even with airsofters.

but paintballers & p...airsofters are not going to agree with everything, so if i post somthing that only paintballers are ment to talk about or ask opinions on these things & an airsofter chips in with a smart arse reply, they = pussysofters

But i suppose ive had my fun with taht for now sad_o.gif

But just remember who Ownz who when it comes to Accurecy, Range, & actual Popularity.

& as for mill sim well im not disputing that if you want to concider yourselfs modern renactors.

But if an "L33t" Airsoft sniper tried to use a rifle with those settings on a game zone near me he would be on charges..

Im only Into the Legal Sport, stick to the rules & the rest is SKILLZ not fanying about with PSI reg's, boards, ammo weaight etc.

Oh yes indeed. Airsoft needs no skill at all, just point somewhere and shoot, and it hits! That's why it's so boring!! OMG, I can't understand I haven't realised this earlier!!!

Thanks for clearing this up dude! yay.gif

Well "legal" is a varying term... As I mentioned, up to 3J rifles are allowed in most games here in Finland, atleast. wink_o.gif Plus AS seems a lot more popular here, atleast.

My previous reply was not a response to you but could you PLEASE stop calling us "pussysofters"? Unless that has something to do with the amount of women we get ( tounge2.gif ), grrrrrr! mad_o.gif

Just telling from my point of view, up here. AS might be more free here, I might not be drunk (most Irishmen I've met have been drunk atleast in the past 48 hours)... who knows. biggrin_o.gif

I dident say that.

Its damnd hard laceing those BBs into some one at range & then hope to hell  they call the hit, its hard i tried it, but its not got the noise, range accurecy,  marking capability & good looking girls of paintball.

wink_o.gif

& like i said before you CANT mix Airsoft & paintball threads YET AGAIN im having correct Airsofters which im sure will correct me at some point, as i cant keep up with this.

Id rather be talking about the Tank taging system & what people think of it im actuly more interested in it.

as for airsoft girls well

Airsoft_girl.jpg

YOU CAN KEEP EM.

p.s can some one tell me how to add code to resize images, i did a search but couldent find anythign relevent.

p.s the irish moto is "You cant take it with you so you might as well drink it" wink_o.gif

But im Scots-Czech actuly & was brought up between scotland/Ireland mainly, although i have Irish Papaer work, but the E.U aint my home.

This discussion about airsoft vs. paintball is so lame and it's boooooring.

Any chance the "fight" can be fought via private message or msn or icq or whatever instead of here?

Thank you all.

---

Ontopic:

Got a "used" MP5 SD5 with a lot of stuff like battery, magazines, bb's, charger, decharger, etc. for a very little money. It's great.

Oh, and a friend of mine just got his first as gun.

A Classic Army Steyr AUG A1. This gun is also great and it looks fantastic!

Orgelpfeifenk.jpg

MfG Lee pays.gif

---

Edit: Take a look at this:

http://www.dforce.sk/main.php?b=74&p=153&r=244&rid=358

as for airsoft girls well

YOU CAN KEEP EM.

p.s can some one tell me how to add code to resize images, i did a search but couldent find anythign relevent.

OK, I'm fine with that. biggrin_o.gif

[/img]http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5784/img29852originaleedtsbx7.jpg[/img]

yay.gif (no "pun" intended)

Wex, what's the cost of Berget again? How good are the English skills of the players there? Would love to come maybe next year or in few years (applying to FRDF so that'll take atleast a year, and will spent next summer in FDF anyways)... cya there? tounge2.gif

Lee... you prepared to sell any of those?

Aaaaaaaaaaand... if there's any Finnish guys reading this, any idea of people softing around Tampere?

So you pussysyofters.. wink_o.gif have a little game once every 3-6 years or somthing? is that per continant?

which it is. wink_o.gif

uhmm here's another one Big Game 07

and we even got Cripball

[/img]http://www.yanous.com/pratique/sports-loisirs/img/Paintball/Paintball4.jpg[/img]

i know i shouldent have said that but hey i met one of these guys & they build there own tanks & use that German guys Laser tag system for vehicles.

Hey Burns Whats your thoughts on tat as a paintballer?

Do you Prefer the U.S system of Nerf launchers for Vehicles & Anti Vehicle systems or the Euro Laser tag system?

Here is a link to paintball tanks & UGV's great stuff!

Paintball tanks international

The euro system which is just a plain laser Tag system is mounted in the main turret, & 4 tag pads on the vehicles Hull.

micro%20laser%20tank%20tag.JPG

But the U.S system which i think would kill Insurance wise, It uses Nerf missles that fire at each other, some times soaked in paint, bit dodgy if you ask me.

Nerf launcher

Quote[/b] ]Nice one Burns, some times i dont have the energy to deal with em. icon_rolleyes.gif

So you pussysyofters.. wink_o.gif have a little game once every 3-6 years or somthing? is that per continant?

which it is

Iron+cross

Stop the flaming baiting. WL+1

Give us our own thread, or Get rid of the Biasd Airsoft crap at the begining of the Airsoft-"Paintball" thread..

although i take it, it was this section you dident like?

Quote[/b] ]Nice one Burns, some times i dont have the energy to deal with em.

So you pussysyofters.. have a little game once every 3-6 years or somthing? is that per continant?

which it is

If we were granted our own thread we could talk plainly about paintball without having the ... unmetionables chiping in, & then us having to point our deficiencies of airsoft & correct them on LEGAL & technical facts... crazy_o.gif

It dosent make sence .. like i said i could use the same resoning that forced the two threads together, to merge plenty other threads... if youd like to listen? whistle.gif

although i take it its easyer pushing a button than solving the issue, reminds me of political study's.

Give us our own thread, or Get rid of the Biasd Airsoft crap at the begining of the Airsoft-"Paintball" thread..

Made me lol that did. Would putting paintball first stop crying you.

Me thinks it not be baised but since "A" comes before "P" in Alfabit.

yes/no inlove.gif

I must say i do love paintball...

Heres where i go, its in Abridge in Essex near London for anyone around the area..

Clicky

Do they have DM Vodka, or Tequila there Jack?  wink_o.gif

LOL well they have a DM Wild West wink_o.gif The one with the tank and APC's is a good arena though biggrin_o.gif

And @ Mr. Burns:

Well its their choice to show up :P Plus women and children are also offered a chest/back protector etc. My sister went she was 14, and she loved it. Then again i've known girls my age go there and crying lol. Usually people show a bit of mercy if you happen to get next to them, then you just shoot the hopper/gun so they're out .. i've seen cases of surrender LOL. Most of the time its adults playing .. but ive been playing since i was ... 14/15 i guess and theres always been at least 5-10 people around that sort of age..

uhm, she's still not the best looking.

I could post some paintball girls but i dont think its nice to bear that mutch flesh off the beach.. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]Made me lol that did. Would putting paintball first stop crying you.

Hey i tried to live with it but when i have to keep handing your arses to you on a platter when it comes to legality & technical details about your own sport, it makes me think i realy want to not have to deal with airsofters & just chat with paintballers.

Any way if you ACtuly READ the 1st 6+ pages of this thread its prety much AIRSOFT is better than paintball Whining, without any technical resoning behind it, just biasd anti paintball crap.

Thats Not a good start for a paintball fan to have to read, its actuly kind of Overwhelming thats why i dident even bother trying to correct airsofters, Plus it was an AIRSOFT thread & it would have just been Flamming/spaming, if I a paintballer waded into an airsoft thread, not cool, & rather pety i'd say it would have been. but hey its been forced on us.

huh.gif

So if some one makes a crack about paintball or says somthing totaly stupid about Airsoft that i know not to be true, im going to say somthing about it,  IF i have to read it.

@ the chap who asked about the Apex & more info.

here is a review i found,

Quote[/b] ]Weaknesses: Shroud must be turned in counter clockwise motion to prevent barrel from unscrewing

Review: The Apex has several "levels" (8 clicks/positions to be exact)from which to select/adjust from. Position 2-3 is equal in distance to the Flatline but is more accurate. Position 4-5 gives about 30-50 more distance and also retains incredible accuracy. Posistion 6-7 gives EVEN more DISTANCE, but accuracy starts to drift off. Position 8 aka "Super Flatline" gives the greatest Distance (about 80ft more than the flatline for me), and has accuracy comparible to the Flatline itself.

Position 8 Divebomb, and Hook Left/Right are simply amazing. The individual user will need to experiment with these options in order to properly use them. They will need to be familiar with the angle, distance, and flight path which the ball takes.

The overall barrel length unmounted is exactly 10 3/4 inches. Inside the shroud, on the bottom there are several slots/grooves in it. When the ball is shot, the combination of it hitting the rubber piece and air flowing underneath the ball (via the slots) sets the backspin in motion.

When set on "Super Flatline" is has anywhere between a 2-4ft drop that initially occurrs before the ball levels back out. When it levels back out, the ball literally seems to float... and float....

I give this product a 9, simply because no product is perfect and can always be added upon to improve its abilities

edit: So far I have noticed no problems with the Apex barrel. The only real thing I have noticed though, is that when a ball breaks in the shroud... its a pain to clean out. The paint being in there didn't seem to effect performance, just looked ugly I suppose.

UPDATE!!! Tuesday, August 16th, 2005 at 4:09 pm PST I tested out the Apex to see exactly how far it would shoot with me being able to hit the target. I went threw exactly 2 1/2 cases of paint, and found that on lvl 8 setting I was able to hit the target at 303 feet. I did so at 2.4 out of 10 shots. On lvl 5 setting I was able to hit the target at 167 feet and did so 8.9 out of 10 shots.

UPDATE!!!! Wednesday, August 24th, 2005 at 3:35 pm PST I went to a 8 hour scenario August 20th and was able to properly field test the Apex. I was outshooting and hitting people easily. I was able to easily provide long range suppressive fire and to bunker several people. I tested out the "Dive Bomb" and after a few shots I was able to dive a few shots over a tree stump to hit a guy that was bunkered by another player. It was a Field Paint only event, and the paint was quite cheap... some no name white box junk. Out of 2 cases, I broke only one ball.

UPDATE!!! Monday, October 3rd, 2005 at 2:19 pm PST I recently attended the Tippmann World Challenge (TWC) in Michigan, Sept 17-18. I played on the Tippmann Team. Dispite the poor paint, the Apex was performing amazingly. I demonstrated on field for a few people its capabilities. At one point I became a camera man, and followed the World team for pics. Several of them with high end markers were sporting Apex's. One guy who had just bought one was getting upset because he couldn't hit anything. I explained that he simply needed to back the ramping off. 2 clicks back.... and he cleared the road.... took out 6 guys. He was outshooting those with Flatlines. I have been able to battle (field) test this barrel thoroughly, and I am still very impressed with its performance.  

Conclusion: This barrel is without a doubt the evolutionary upgrade of the Flatline, and unfortunately (sad to say this since I own a flatty as well) now puts the Flatline in the stone age.

Rating: 9 out of 10

Plz note this guy aint a great marksman hehe.

There are also some video's on youtube of a yank botching an APEX barrel with a Gas marker at to high settings or to low, so i wont ad it.(but its funny BIG guy itsybitsy marker)  biggrin_o.gif

Wex, what's the cost of Berget again? How good are the English skills of the players there? Would love to come maybe next year or in few years (applying to FRDF so that'll take atleast a year, and will spent next summer in FDF anyways)... cya there? tounge2.gif

Berget (5) costs are:

TICKET 550 SEK

FOOD 250 SEK

ARMBAND 30 SEK

RADIO 350 SEK

TRANSPORT 1 (AIRPORT) 200 SEK

TRANSPORT 2 (HÄRNÖSAND) 100 SEK

BERGET5 T-SHIRT 100 SEK

The ticket is the only one that is required, rest is up to you.

Although, this time, Berget was made up, the east side were supposed to win, so the west (allied forces) weren't even allowed to do certain assaults and set up defensepostions, since that wouldn't lead to victory for the east.

Also some fysical abuse of POWs had supposadly happen, nothing I can confirm though.

The worst thing was that one of the east guys died, since he had a faint heart. His doctor had warned him not to go, but he did, and very sadly died.

Although, he died doing what he loved. RIP to him!

I will be there in 2 years methink as a MP, or maybe allie. dependant on the scenario.

Many said it was worth it, but many on west/allied side were unfortnately left with a bad experience of Berget, so we can hope it's better next time.

Regards

PS.

That's a proper airsoftgirl wink_o.gif

DS

I was at Berget 5, on the Soviet side, it was a lot of fun wink_o.gif

We had people from Sweden, USA, Belgium, France, Portugal and The Netherlands in our team, and our command was Russian...

biggrin_o.gif

I was at Berget 5, on the Soviet side, it was a lot of fun wink_o.gif

Indeed, you were a rusky, that explains the fun tounge2.gif

But the ally commander wasn't to pleased with it, and apparantly, the staff wasn't as good as they should have been.

Maybe 1200ppl is water over there head.

Here's Berget 5 official forum, and the rest of the forum is concerning the rest of Berget Events, such as Berget 6 and other events.

Regards