Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

Both teams do have the option to go to the airport. Just no one wants to. If you don't build in your town right away, you are gonna start lagging behind in the buildings and defences. BTW, its not hard to land. People can become experienced. or jsut crash and repair.

yea but teams r usually on oppstie sides of the island if one team wants to go it might be a very long a dangerous drive.

Still, there are plenty of easy places to land.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ July 01 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Still, there are plenty of easy places to land.<span id='postcolor'>

but one stuff up and u find your self in a tree its wasy to land u can land on one sopt just stall it and slam it down vertical.

It's fine the way it is. A lot of people don't even fly the planes.

planes r the best they r cheap compared with heles and have far more firepower and less venerable to aa, 3 of us jumped in planes wiped out the attacking heles got the others and ai into heles we wiped out all aa defence and paradroped humans and ai and flew our planes into enemy base ejected, and wiped em out.

Placebo...... if you weren't a mod....

Anyway HT, yes planes are good. But Choppers are better. better maneuverability. Only plane I really like is the A10LGB. It's so devastating. I prefer to take an ammo truck, drive around to a firest near their base. Place ammo crates at a safe distance. And blow em apart from there. But AI is so good, I can only get a few shots off before they see me. But its still enough. Another way I like to attack is tanks. I love making squads of tanks with another player. Fll them with our AI and attack enemy base.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ July 02 2002,20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Placebo......  if you weren't a mod....<span id='postcolor'>

If I weren't a mod I would have told you what I really think about you biggrin.gif

But seriously when there's only two of you having a conversation it's time to take it off the forum smile.gif

jus cause planes r better. If we take it off the forum no one will know that planes r the best.

ya ya ya whatever. Anyway.

Karrillion. Do you think a dock would be worth adding? Not many boats are used.... but an offshore LST wouldn't hurt for rearming. Even tho it doesn't move. But there are scripts to move it. Maybe ordering AI to a marker?

Maybe you already talked about this but..... confused.gif

Would it be possible to Have a RTS with Nato vs. East vs. Resistance. then you can start having allances and dilomancy. I don't think the island would be too small for take. biggrin.gif

Also I think it would be neat if you could build bases on the smaller islands around the larger one. smile.gif

If you made the bases off shore, then what will you do with land vehicles? You can't airlift them. 3 Teams would be great. I thought about suggesting that, but I wasn't sure of its workload. Would a 3rd team make for too much scripting? I think a diplomacy of setting enemies and allies could be done. But the resistance would be the one changing sides.

it would be cool if with resistance is that they dont have to have a base of sum elemet ofrbeing able to get around undetected.

Well I've thought of adding a third team, and since in Resistance the R's have their own tanks and such like the T80R, the T72R and a few others so it would be possible. I would highly recommend not going any higher than 2-3 players per team though, especially if you like to build 5 tank squads and have them go all out. That will lag a server badly, unless the new netcode and such is much improved.

I gave thought to LST's so you could load them up and have them drop items off at other islands, but honestly, who is going to take the time to do that? Unless I really slow down the building of choppers and such, all everyone will do is just research the choppers as fast as they can and then walk around waiting for the research to finish. Hardly anyone builds up a tank army and marches on the enemy. I will probably give CH47's and Mi17's the ability to transport vehicles, but I haven't decided yet.

One thing about building on other islands too, the minute you got within 200 meters of the island, if you were going to drop off some tanks, you'd probably get shot down since most of the islands are so small.

Also, I understand the debate about planes and choppers, but I would like to keep this thread a bit more RTS2 specific so ppl don't have to wade through a bunch of irrelevant stuff in order to get to the info they need about releases and ideas players have.

Thanks!

well that planes and choppers debates over i think now, at the moment a single plane of hele renders tanks useless i recommend a version with no attack heles just transport heles or a limit on so types of ac.

Actually, a lot of people do use tank's still. On Radishville, there's always atleast 2 ppl who make tanks at start, and wait for recon to tel em where enemy base is. And just the other night me and Argus made 3 tank's each. Manned em with us an AI and had a huge assault. Too bad the map ended as we pulled out of base.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ July 04 2002,05:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually, a lot of people do use tank's still.  On Radishville, there's always atleast 2 ppl who make tanks at start, and wait for recon to tel em where enemy base is.  And just the other night me and Argus made 3 tank's each.  Manned em with us an AI and had a huge assault.  Too bad the map ended as we pulled out of base.<span id='postcolor'>

when we play me and one or two others fly recon, we found two tank squads headin for us, so we all flew back to base jumped in su25s and hinds flew back out and destroyed them all, if u can get a tank into a base they do loads of dammage but if u seen on the way there u dead, if we have no planes we jump in jeeps and set up sams a few each on the raod there comin on and wait.

you also may have talked about this but... confused.gif

You put in a-10 with LGB but no laser. whats with that!

bombs are a sweet way of taking out incoming tanks and base smile.gif but you need the laser or else 7/8 of you bombs will miss completely! with LGB you can sneak a man is a laser close to the other base and guide in bombs! the only problem I see is only west have LGBs... sad.gif

Yes it is easy to bomb. But does the laser really work? I never noticed the Guided bombs anctually guiding

Ever try to Hit a tanks squad when you are evading AA fire? biggrin.gif

Hehe. Avoiding AA in a plane is hard enough. Well, when AI at max is shooting at you. But anyway. I like to fly really high. When I get a rdar lock, I can swoop down. Evading as I go. Then fire and BOOM! No more tanks. Or of course just kill the the AA...

I can put in the lasers, that's not a problem. I forgot to put them in the ammo scripts. My question though--is there an easy way to lock on to the laser target? A friend and I messed around with a coop mission that I was working on where there are 3 Boats and you have to LGB them. He would lase them, but I had a heck of a time locking on to the laser. I finally had to get him to aim away from the targets so I could tell which target was the laser. Otherwise, the red blips from the boats pretty much kept me from getting a lock. Once I had a lock, all of the bombs homed right in on the target.

I may add SU's with LGB's to even things out. At least in resistance the Soviets get a really cool V80 chopper. Man, those things have some serious firepower, and they're pretty manueverable.

Cant wait for RTS:R biggrin.gif And there is the new 4x4 wich would be a better construction jeep? And the bus for mobile construction? tounge.gif