Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

Karrillion. Can you add varying weather. I belive this was in TF-Purchasing Power. Another RTS style map, I haven't play it in a while tho. Anyway, they had storms come through. It would get real hazy and rainy. Can you add this too? This would make for intersting things. Since you have to play according o the weather sometimes.

hazys good it renders aircraft usless to all but the best of pilots if its thick enough, like a 15min time of thick fog and your could move your tanks in and get em with their pants down(expesically the women).

Heh, well I'm looking at putting in my fast day/night cycle as an option that can be activated by a commander at the CommandHQ. I'll look at random weather. I messed with it a while back but never did anything with it.

UPDATE:

--Fixed problem where workers would run off to repair buildings that were not the primary ones you first built.

--Added in Darth Vader and Stormtroops who do drive-by shootings with a Trabant. (j/k) wink.gif

As usual get it at the following link:

http://www.aggression.org/karr/rts2.zip

Yea, I asked KaRRiLLion earlier about that to add in his fast time script as an option for commanders, but a random weather would be cool as an option also if he can do it wink.gif

Man, can I make a trabant right now? That would be awesome to roll up into enemy bases with one of those at the end!

And I just played rts (alone). I didn't see a Rapid or Rapidy on the list. There was nothing that appeared to be the sports car.

nm the trabant. Sports car is mighty fine. So any progress on random weather Karrillion?

AHH! Had to save the thread from page 2. Karrillion, any updates??? And yesterday when I ws playing this. I was going to steal an enemy tower. Well, I was gonna man the gun at the top. I got up there. There was no AI. I tried to get in but I couldn't then the gun started firing by itself.... whats up with that? Or was it just desync?

I haven't had time to update lately. I'm remodeling my bathroom and I'm getting ready to tear out a load-bearing wall so I've been kinda busy building temporary supports for the ceiling on each side of the wall. It's hours of family fun, I tell ya. After I get done working, I typically want to play, rather than script, but I'll get back to it shortly.

I love tearing stuff down! Can I come? Can I come? Can I come? biggrin.gif

UPDATE:

--Added Random weather. This can be activated by commanders at the CommandHQ

--Added Faster day/night cycle. Also commander-activated at the CommandHQ

--Improved the independent AI squad handling. Now their formation should face in the direction you were standing when you set their marker position

Yay! Random weather. BTW, how foggy does it get?

That depends on the forecast. I have 5 unique forcasts, with the extreme at either end. I don't know how they'll all turn out, so I guess I'll just have to see and tweak them as I get input.

sum one needs to make a map in wrp edit or edit one of the offical islands to make a map with two airfields.

Problem with 2 arifeilds is you can only name 1. So landing autopilot only works and makes you go to one. That also means AI can only land at 1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ June 30 2002,18:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Problem with 2 arifeilds is you can only name 1.  So landing autopilot only works and makes you go to one.  That also means AI can only land at 1.<span id='postcolor'>

auto pilot what u need that for, and ai u dont use ai in planes at the moment only one tea can use airport.

you really need to make this work with out errors your other rts maps work np it's a drag it only take 1 person with a addon to crash the server tottal bummer mad.gif are you working on this at all confused.gif?

I have no control over that. Just because someone makes a crappy addon that crashes the server doesn't mean I can do anything about it. I've found the Dynamic Sound Pack has been the primary culprit from all of the trouble reports. If you look in other posts on the forum you'll see where anything that modifies the config.bin increases the likeliness of crashes. Just make sure that anyone playing on your server does NOT have the dynamic sound pack installed.

Other addons probably dont have the same effect, but DEFINITELY the Dynamic Sound Pack will crash the server with Jeep Horn errors and other strange stuff because it's trying to modify some sounds in the game I suppose.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">auto pilot what u need that for, and ai u dont use ai in planes at the moment only one tea can use airport.<span id='postcolor'> Helltoupe. You may wan't to re-type that and expalin. Becuase I have no idea what you meant, much less what you typed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ July 01 2002,09:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">auto pilot what u need that for, and ai u dont use ai in planes at the moment only one tea can use airport.<span id='postcolor'>  Helltoupe.  You may wan't to re-type that and expalin.  Becuase I have no idea what you meant, much less what you typed.<span id='postcolor'>

ai r hopeless in planes and can only take off if u at airport only one team can be at airport, so if there can be a wrp map for rts that means both teams have the option of building at airport, wont be much use for ai but who uses ai in planes, humans much better.

UPDATE:

--Fixed an issue where the Squad markers weren't showing up in the correct place because the position was being set on server only

--Tank Squad AI will now travel long distances in a Staggered Column, and if you order them to move to position when they are within 100 meters of the destination, they will go into LINE formation.

--tweaked some other small things

Get it at the usual URL:

And the instructions:

http://www.aggression.org/karr/rts2_instructions.htm

Theres plent of other places for improvised airstips when playing RTS. And you don't exactly want the other team to know where you are. 2 Airports with static spawns at each of them. Well, there goes the fun of finding them.

w00 karrillion you update faster and faster

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ July 01 2002,14:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Theres plent of other places for improvised airstips when playing RTS.  And you don't exactly want the other team to know where you are.  2 Airports with static spawns at each of them.  Well, there goes the fun of finding them.  

w00 karrillion you update faster and faster<span id='postcolor'>

i didnt say u would build at the irport just that both teams had the option so its fair, u can improvise taking off but its hard to land for ammo and inexperenced pilots have alot of trouble. The planes r the best defence u have from tanks, the su25 is best thanks to the rockets i was able to destory 2 tanks and 2 cobras and then attack the enemy base in it with left over ammo, they surrended after i wiped out their defences and my squads mates paradroped a few ai squads over head.