Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

Guest Titanium

Sticky is a pinned thread. And are you being forced to keep that sig? LOL

No, I dont have to keep that sig, but they made me get rid of my yugo pic mad.gif but I thought this one was funny when I first saw it so I just edited the text and kept it till I get bored w/ it........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ June 22 2002,21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but they made me get rid of my yugo pic  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Nobody made you get rid of it, we just replaced it to point out you needed to take the 3 seconds it takes to alter the height of a pic in a paint package smile.gif

Guest Titanium

LOL, just completed fastest RTS time ever. About 3 mins. My leader made a helo fac first, so i made a cessna. I took off and headed south. I found then enemiess truck, they were all diriving down w/o any buildings so far. SO i circled them once and the attacked. even w/ the broning in just fired, took out the driver, thne took out everyone in the truck w/o destryoing it!!! we had to restart.. not usre if they couldnt respawn, but it was great!!!

UPDATE:

--Re-wrote the way the workers are spawned and a couple of minor things.

On another note, I've been getting a lot of requests to make RTS2 available for Addon islands that people have been making. If you send me the island addon or post a link here, then i'll be glad to take a look at it. Please make sure that the addon works and won't crash opflash. biggrin.gif RTS2 is currently available on all opflash islands, except for the Desert island....that would be rather pointless. smile.gif

Also, some players have been wanting to create custom addons for the vehicles that are used in RTS2. This is a bit more problematic and time consuming, but if the addons are well done, then I don't see a problem with it. I'd have to change a couple of things in the scripts, but it shouldn't be too hard (I hope) to make some custom RTS2 missions for players. Islands are much easier since all I have to do is move everything to the island.

Also, if there are any special vehicle types that you'd like to see, let me know. I put in the Minelayer at Hit_Squad_Maximus's request because I thought it could be a useful vehicle. I don't want to put in anything like a Trabant with Laser-guided bombs and a suicide nuclear detonator...unless I'm the only one that gets to use it. =)

Thanks for all the beta testing the community has been doing for me!

Well... I would like to have a sports car. I mean, now that AA kicks so much ass, I need a fast land way to get me and my men there to take it out. Anychance of a sports car?

P.S. Its me (Titanium) Just with my OPFlash name.

Harnu/Titanium, pick a name, you cannot have two active usernames, choose one and PM me your choice withing 20 mins and the other will be deleted smile.gif

You should already be able to build a Sports car at the tank factory. It's one of the last ones in the list and it's called a "Rapid" or "RapidY"

oo never noticed the rapid thing at the bottom. thx.

And is there anyway you can make vehicles automaticaly unlock after maybe.. 2-4 minutes after construction. Because I hate people leaving vehicles, especially aircraft, infront of buildings. And then they don't unlock them. And it really sucks if they leave then or get booted or otherwise.

I agree. I'll think of something. Like maybe if a vehicle isn't claimed within a few minutes of being built, it's moved or deleted and the money credited back to the builder. Of course you could just blow it up and recycle it. =)

It'd probably blow up your base building though.

I didn't check, but what color is the sports car that you can make?

ooo both. I love the yellow one. Just grabs everyones attention.

Yea, but I never use the minelayer cept for when I play against you. But it still messes stuff up for when I send tanks back at you. sad.gif

The minelayer is a very tricky weapon to use. If you can figure out the path that the enemy is sending their tanks on, then you can lay a lot of mines in their path. You just have to make sure to send your tanks by a different route. I've found that if Team A sends their tanks directly to Team B's base, and Team B does the same to Team A's base, then the tanks will typically take almost identical routes, albeit in reverse. I actually find it easier to take a construction jeep out there, build some ammo crates, and mine the hell out of the area. I did that one time and after I'd spent all that time doing, it, the enemy tanks suddenly turned at a 45 degree angle and missed them all.

Personally, I think the best weapons are already in the game. I tried putting artillery in there, but it just seems to take the fun out of it. If you can pound another base and sit in yours, then you never get to the exciting parts of opflash. The infantry side is really fun, followed by dogfighting in Cessnas. =)

I would like some more choppers for the Soviets, because things are a bit unbalanced insofar as those go.

If you do that, then I'll just take jeeps to your base, get out, hide, LAW, send my men in. And Attack like hell. smile.gif

when I see your mass of tanks comming I get on a hill in the path and make an ammo crate and a sam site and just hownd on your tanks till they kill me. biggrin.gif

hehe, I generally man atleast 1 tank I send it. That means I can be the gunner and blow the crap outa your samsite before you get a change to take out one of my tanks. biggrin.gif

Yea right, update your rts on radishville and ill play ya. You guys still have 30mm cannons on your cessnas for crying out loud. tounge.gif

Been updating as soon as I hear about em for crying out loud :-)

As far as I know, we have the latest...

We haven't had the 30mm for a while now. Whenever I notice Karrillion posts an update here, I ICQ Radish right away and he gets the new versions on a.s.a.p. We currently have the latest. Come on over and take a look.