Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

You was w/ me at radishville that one time you guys got mad at me for making a base on the top of a hill and then made 2 other bases hidden in a valley wasnt you? I just didnt research anything the intire game and stayed working on the base and let the officers handle the attacks. At the end of the game the thing said NATO bases left 17 and East bases left 0 wow.gif

Guest Titanium

naw i dont think so. I'm not able to play OFP as much anymore. My football training started monday, and the only time i can really play is from 6:30 or 7 untill about 11. I would play before that but this week, my dads on vacation and on the comp. And lot of servers dont come up until after 5wow.gif0p.m. central. And even the ones open before that don't have ppl in them since they are all working or are busy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Titanium @ June 13 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would play before that but this week, my dads on vacation and on the comp.  <span id='postcolor'>

buy your father a fishing rod.   biggrin.gif

Karrillion you are god himself, rts rocks .. thanks

Hey Karrillion, cant you make a RTS on another map then Everon? Its getting a bit boring just playing the same island over and over again..lol. Mayby make a Winter RTS...or just..anything else..ha ha.. Oh and keep up the good work, RTS2 rocks big time!!

Wildfish, there is an RTS2 on malden, everon, and I think quakergamer has a version on kolejev. And titanium is making a new island which *cough would have rts on it someday biggrin.gif but a winter and west leach spring one would be neat also. But thats up to KaRRiLLion.

Yep I have an RTS2 version on all 3 islands, and 2 of them are in the zip file that you can get by downloading the latest version.

I would give my left hand for getting the scripts your using Karrillion. I tried making my own freaking RTS maps...he he...ya right...as if.

Weeeeeeeeee RTS2 Kolejev armegedon is out wink.gif There is a lot of fixed stuff. Im not sure what all there is but so far you can recycle dead vehicles inside your jeep and construction vehicle. and you can build stuff from inside your vehicles.

Heh, beat me to it. =)

I've just uploaded a zip to the download link that contains 3 RTS2 maps, one for Everon, Malden and Kolgujev.

http://www.aggression.org/karr/RTS2.zip

Fixes:

-fixed the "not enough money to repair vehicle" bug that occurred even though you had enough money to repair.

-recycling now works from the CH47D, Mi17, and Construction Jeep properly, instead of the player having to get out of the vehicle.

-Squad spawn for east now calculated correctly

-You can now build all buildings while staying in truck, instead of having to get out of the truck for some buildings.

Changes:

-AA Soldier Squad is now a 12-man soldier squad consisting of a more balanced complement of soldiers

-Random starts were tweaked so that the start locations are closer together

-Heli Pad symbol now appears where AI squads spawn so you'll know which area to keep clear of buildings

I'm sure I'm forgetting some tweaks, but that's the gist of it.  I think most of the bugs that are under my control are about squashed.  I just hope that the new Netcode will get rid of some of the AI related bugs.

Yea, after you left the server cause you was a sore loser to my complete whipping of you on rts wink.gif I posted that I think.

Yes, this mod receives highest awards from the WWIIOL community, and me biggrin.gif , still waiting for my Money Order to get here so I can get replacement CD. confused.gif

He is MAD I telly you, MAD!

Dude Kar You are the RTS Guru.

Great maps if you have some time on your hands to play.

Any way Kar good job ass always.

Glad to see the mad scientist has not closed his doors yet.

Nooo! This must be a sticky! STICKY! Everyone spooge on the thread!!!!

Panzer Lied Ownz.

Guest Titanium

Last night I was playing RTS2_Malden. The game would not end. I was on west, and we kicked the living crap out of east. First i went in with cessnas. THen igot out an lawed. used a few kioaws. took an apache, destroyed their AA. took bomers, 3 times, and GBUed the crap out of their base. They had nothing left. and i wasnt the only one attacking. It was all destryoed and the game would still not end. Whats up with this?

Hmm, I doubt BIS will see fit to add this as a sticky, given how many there are already. biggrin.gif

Titanium, remember that a team can build more than just one base. If you have the money you can take your Mobile Base elsewhere and create more buildings. For each building that you destroy, your team gets one point. The point limit is 15, so even if a team builds tons of other buildings, you can beat them with points even if you don't destroy everything. 15 points doesn't sound like much, but we played for over 2 hours one night before getting to 15 points. It can take a while if your opponent knows what they're doing.

Also, remember to check the MISSION STATUS on your action menu because that will show how many bases are left for each team. If you are destroying their buildings and that number is not going down, then there's a problem. I have found that sometimes lag will prevent a public var from getting broadcast to other players so that could be an issue, but any time I have had problems squashing the enemy, it's because they build more buildings and hid them.

UPDATE:

New version at http://www.aggression.org/karr/RTS2.zip

Fixes:

-When workers were killed while on their way to repair a building, the mission did not know they had died and so that team could not train any more workers. This is fixed now thanks to Hit_Squad_Maxiumus finding the cause.

-Command HQ was not making its Research actions available again after it was destroyed and then repaired. Now fixed thanks to Hit_Squad_Maxiumus finding the cause.

-Some independent AI squads would no longer move once their leader had been killed because the script wouldn't recognize the group anymore. Now fixed.

Thanks for the bug reports, I feel that the mission is getting very stable now. If you find anything odd, please document what had happened at about the time you noticed the buggyness.

Guest Titanium

They tried to make a 2nd one (I think) but we caught em on the first building. And their MCV was still in the original base. Their team was also a bunch of new RTS players, so i doubt they had a 2nd base. Plus, we all flew around a lot and didnt see anything.

Guest Titanium

we spent over an hour on that map. Do towers/castles count as buildings?

Well I've found that this sometimes happens and I'm not sure why.

Basically the primary base buildings are:

Mobile Base Vehicle

Command HQ

Barracks

Tank Factory

Helo Factory

Recycler

Each time you build one of these buildings, your team gets 1 base unit added to their count. When one is destroyed, you get 1 deducted from your count. When you have 0, then you lose. You cannot have more than 1 Mobile Base Vehicle or Recycler, but you can build as many of the other types as you want.

I think that sometimes because of lag, when a base building is destroyed, then it might not get deducted as it should. I've tested this quite a bit so I know it's not in the script.

I'll probably just need to come up with a better method of tracking the base units. Like maybe instead of counting every base building that is built, I'll only count the first of each that you build.

So, the first CommandHQ, Barracks, Tank Factory, and Helo Factory that you build would be your primary base. Anything after that would just be for strategy.

I'll have to think on it. The only bad thing about the way it is now, is that someone could build 1 building hidden somewhere and not do anything else after their other buildings are destroyed, so you might never find that hidden building, and since they aren't repairing their old ones, you can't get 15 points to win.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Denwad @ June 21 2002,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nooo! This must be a sticky! STICKY! Everyone spooge on the thread!!!!

Panzer Lied Ownz.<span id='postcolor'>

No it must not smile.gif

Guest Titanium

Why can't it be sticky? This RTS is revolutionary in OFP. biggrin.gif

Stickies are there for the benefit or enjoyment of the community as a whole, RTS2 as wonderful as it may be is only for a percentage of the community smile.gif