Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

Yea, I hate it when ppl are cheap and attack w/ cessnas.....I only use them for transport and scout only..... maybe if you took out the gun? confused.gif A most definate thing would be that shilkas and vulcans detect them as friendly and enemy...... cause I hate it when ppl attack w/ cessnas and my shilkas do nothing about it sad.gif

Guest Titanium

best way to defend against them is so stay in the base w/ ur defensive units. the call up the gunners and tell them to target the cessna. If they still dont fire, give the the order "fire" ~-3-3?

I agree with Maximus about taking out the gun in the cessna, i was playing RTS 2 by myself for a while and built a cessna to scout for the other team, and i was ... hmm, how do i say it .. shocked, to see that the cessna had the cannon, and it only costs like what $300 if i remember correctly? confused.gif

How about if i change it to a Machine gun, i.e. Browning? I agree it does suck that the vulcans and shilkas won't always shoot at it, but I do know that if they blow up or kill a player or AI or vehicle, then they will shoot it down.

With a browning it really would be almost as bad as having no gun at all, but I suppose they're just meant for scouting anyway. I just happen to love dogfighting in those things. =)

Or maybe if I made it so that once you've researched Advanced Air units then it gets a 30mm?

Anyway tell me what you think of that. I agree, getting strafed with a Cessna very early on stinks.

Guest Titanium

Ya, thats good. You should have t research advanced before the cessna gets it. And to get the AA to shoot at it, can't you change the side name from Civilian to west or east? Depending on who built it and/or at what side building it was made at.

Yea, those damn kamikazi cessnas and 30mm cannons are anoying in the first 6 minutes of the game, I like the idea that you have to upgrade the cessna, but once it is upgraded then it is more expensive?? But the shilka and vulcan thing is a must if you can do it  smile.gif That way my vulcans can shoot down kamikazi's before they reach me, then they would have to learn a better strategy.

Edit: My 100th post! who hoo biggrin.gif

Well, you can't really change the SIDE of the vehicles. That is assigned internally by the game and there's no real good way to do that. The only way that your AA's will target a Cessna is if that cessna kills one of your AI's, or you or a vehicle that is associated with your team. Then the AI's will see them as hostile. Because of that, most of the time a cessna will only be able to take some potshots.

It would be a pain to make another price range for cessna's, so their price would remain the same after the Advanced upgrade. But it would take at least 12 mins or so to upgrade. I think I may just leave them with only brownings. That way it's not too unfair. They can still crash them into buildings though, unfortunately.

Weeeeeeeee the mine layer is sweet biggrin.gif It isnt much use a lot of the times cause a lot of n00bs dont know how to move squads, but when I played your friend jackalope, they was a lot of use against his tank squad smile.gif Then I took an A10 LGB and went to the other end of the island and turned around and went by his base as fast as I could (400 whatever the unit of speed is) and just droped all my bombs and destroyed his base in one run. It was awsome wink.gif

Guest Titanium

in the missions sqm file, before it tells the name of the vehicle/object. It gives what side it is onb. east west resistance of civilian. Is their anyway you can script to to change that depending on who makes it. Cuase it is possible to change side of vehicles/men.

I know it can be done by editing the mission.sqm, but I don't think it can be done in a script.

BTW I wish I could figure out why some ppl aren't having their "Re-Establish Communications" action put on when they respawn. I changed that from a script doing that to triggers, and it still doesn't seem to work 100% of the time in large games. I have a trigger for each person that checks for when they're alive, and then it adds the action. I think that lag might be the issue here.

i know this is being a little picky... but...

can you please have a more detailed briefing screen? i hate explaining everything to the newbies over and over and over.

Guest Titanium

Karrilion, how about airlifting vehicles? can you do that? Like loading a jeep into/below a chinook. That way you can get a fast attack team to the enemy faster?

Heh, I like driving construction jeeps over to the enemy base and a towrope would help out a lot biggrin.gif but I think karrillion said he wanted to keep the amount of scripts low?? I hate explaining stuff to the n00bies when there are a lot of ppl online, but when it is a 1vs1 match I like explaining stuff to them cause then we would have one more of the few #'s of ppl who actually know how to be general wink.gif

Guest Titanium

pfft. Its us veterans who will teach it to them anyway. Do you know how few actually read the briefing

Airlifting is possible. Basically you'd take a jeep to a chinook, click Load Vcl and then it'd disappear rather than being towed under the chinook. With lag you can't really do the tow underneath the chopper thing cause it'd have to setposition with chinook and would probably look bad.

when you got somewhere, then you could unload it, but you'd have to be landed. It might be too much to do properly though, although it'd be cool to airlift your Mobile Base over to an island. =)

I.ve tried it a bit on my own, and I must say, it's awesome! But on what server are you guys playing this online? I never seem to find one playing this map.

Some people have told me that they see it a lot on Gamespy. There are some other servers that play it regularly. My server at 209.193.133.66 or karrillions.fatmeat.net

Then there's Radishville..I can't remember the ip, and FragHaus might also be playing it. If you get All-Seeing Eye server browser then you can also see who's playing it at the time. You can get it here: http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/

My server is not up until after 5pm Eastern Time U.S.

Guest Titanium

208.251.17.94 or radishville.com Radhisville, great server.

209.240.0.151 is fraghaus, but it is running 1.60 right now confused.gif I see RTS played at gayspy all the time. When I got on earlier yesterday because all the servers were empty, there was about 5 games at a time playing RTS2... not the newest version, you still could make 5 refineries smile.gif Hey Karrillion, yesterday your server was up all day if ya didnt know.

My server is on my workstation at work, so I can't very well have ppl playing Opflash on it while I'm there.

I was not at work Monday or Tues, thus it was up.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ June 12 2002,09:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Airlifting is possible.  Basically you'd take a jeep to a chinook, click Load Vcl and then it'd disappear rather than being towed under the chinook.  With lag you can't really do the tow underneath the chopper thing cause it'd have to setposition with chinook and would probably look bad.

when you got somewhere, then you could unload it, but you'd have to be landed.  It might be too much to do properly though, although it'd be cool to airlift your Mobile Base over to an island. =)<span id='postcolor'>

yes would be cool to get stuff on those islands mabe a boat that can build a mobile unit ?? build your base any where would be cool to if ya could have more than 1 base 1 more thought being able to build fake buildings biggrin.gif as build a fake base to distract enemys from real area smile.gif

In most games I play I make about 3 bases if i have the mula/$$$ smile.gif then if one base is bombed to hell i just set my spawn and my bro's spawn and we both have our own bases and let the n00bs play on their bombed out base biggrin.gif

Guest Titanium

I find it a bit difficut to make multiple bases confused.gif Especially since about 5 mins into the game air recon can easily spot you.