Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

Yea, I build a sniper and it was an east sniper...... and the game crashes all of west for some reason.  confused.gif and AI seem to have super vision

Anything you build is based on the building you use. If you use a Soviet barracks, then it will build an East unit no matter what side you're on. So which building did you get the wrong unit from? I have never gotten an East unit from a West building or vice versa. Oh, and BTW if you're using Cadet mode, then their tag will come up Green, not red for your team. I know because I tested this a lot. smile.gif

Basically, I have a condition that tests whether a building is East or West and then assigns a buildingside based on that. Unless lag caused something, then I don't think it's possible unless I've missed something.

Also, as I warned earlier in this thread, there is a chance that using AI soldiers will crash you because there is a bug in Opflash with Creatunit or something regarding groups. I have found that sometimes if you join a group or someone joins you, then it might crash.

The AI are set to a skill of 1 which is the highest it gets. Maybe that's why they have super vision. I did that to make up for server lag, which makes AI super dumb.

I figured out the Medic thing Titanium, I forgot to remove an old line of code in there. BTW, each time you try to train a soldier, the script is supposed to count how many units are in your group and use that as the basis for whether or not you can train. Regardless, you can never have more than 11 under your command (you count as number 12).

Guest Titanium

I understand that karrillion. The 12 max(including yourself). Glad that is fixed now with the medics. And I was in the same game as maximus, (Its me, Harnu! From radishville) and all of west expect me him and one other crashed. Most of east was still there. Then the server crashed, may have just been coincidence, but I'll have to look into it.

Ah, I remember someone saying that they were titan, I just dont remember who. Did you like my base before we won? I had 3 bases  biggrin.gif  They werent going to win w/ all the shilkas and tanks I had w/ e diff bases. Told you the mountain wasnt that bad.

Guest Titanium

Yep, that was cool smile.gif I just hope radishville server doesn't keep carshing or making players crash when we paly RTS2.

I don't think the server is crashing, I think what's happening is players are making Ai soldiers and it crashes them and sometimes takes other players out as well. It's safer not to build anything but AI squads. We played 90 mins on my server tonight and no probs.

BTW I haven't uploaded the version with the fixed medic. I might change the AI limit to 0 as a default. Commanders can adjust it at anytime in the game.

Also, I'm changing some of the chat msgs from building and such to Groupchat so they'll come up green instead of blue. that should be less confusing. I accidentally mis-typed GroupChat as Grouchat in some scripts so I'm hunting down the error so it doesn't give players errors in the game.

i belive it to be a problem with the ai joining your squad in missions with a join wp u can find sum strange things happen.

Well I have a rescue mission that I made a while back that me and several others used to play a lot when I hosted a server on my home machine. There is a certain point where you get to the hostages and they join your squad so you can resuce them. On the dedicated server though, when we play this mission, if I am the leader, it automatically dumps me to desktop when they're supposed to join our group.

I've seen other strange group related stuff. When I first started using independent squads in RTS2, I made it so that players could get into the lead Tank and drive it and the squad would follow along, but when you tried to get out of the tank, a crash to desktop would occur for most players. I can only assume it has something to do with controlling the squad's group by driving one of their tanks.

Anyway I hope this is fixed in 1.6x. If so, then it will really expand the options of players.

UPDATE:

I think I've fixed all the message errors. I have added another Squad--AA Soldiers. You can control them the same way you do the other squads. Just go to wherever you want them, and then use the RADIO command that says Set AA Soldiers Pos.

I also improved handling of the tank squads. Now you can set a rallying point, i.e. set the marker using RADIO Set Tank Pos. This will set the marker position and any tank squads already around will go to that point. Then, if you're base is far away, you can go back to base, create more tank squads, and then use the radio command Order Tanks to Marker and then the other tanks will go to the rally point to join the other tanks.

Most build messages are now GroupChat, i.e. Green so as to distinguish between chat between teammates and the mission chat.

There is now an RTS2 on Malden. It's the same, but it's just on Malden instead. smile.gif

Get everything at the same URL.

UPDATE:

I've changed the way money is earned. Your workers will earn $50 per every 2 mins + you get a bonus depending on your score. If your score is 5, then you get 5*5 or $25 bonus dollars.

In other words, the more enemies you kill, the more you earn! Well, unless lag issues make it so you don't get credit for some kills.

Also, if an enemy building is destroyed, then your everyone on your team gets bonus $ depending on the building.

The current values now are:

Barracks--$500

Command HW--$500

Recycler--$200

Tank Factory--$500

Helo Factory--$1000

Mobile Base Vehicle--$1000

Workers--$100

To bad you cant put scripts on the farming fields so that you put "harvestors/tractors" on them and they make money, that would give you something to fight for   biggrin.gif  or that could wait till RTS3: Resistance  wink.gif

Edit: But keep the workers so you can still have an income if you are in the dumps

ew..... that would be hard  biggrin.gif I like the newest one Karrillion, the AA soldiers squad desnt seem to shoot anything.

Edit: The helo factory is facing the wrong way when you place it and it takes 1 secon to build buildings, this is for west though. wink.gif

Guest Titanium

Hmmmm... max, karrillion. Wanna start up a strats' and tactics thread for RTS2 up with me? hehe biggrin.gif or is it too soon? lol

Oh, I thought if you read all 9 pages of this conversation and the readme for the map you would get it smile.gif Most of the stuff lately was just some ideas I had a long time ago and that I finally got ahold of Karrillion im giving him the ideas... like a mine layer smile.gif but they may not be put in, they are just ideas

Guest Titanium

LoL max. Keyword "IF"* they read everything. We both play on radishville, you see all the ppl asking wtf to do and how to play.

Yea, I hate it when n00bs jump into the leader seat and have no clue on how to work the map.... I didnt read the text instructions either, i just played it on lan and on servers a lot and finally learned most of it smile.gif but when im on a server w/ one other person I usually put it on rts2 and teach them how to play the map and how to get started.

Guest Titanium

I try to teach, but I also want to win. As I want to in anything. So I can;t really teach them, but if/when you dont the complain and get you killed.

Yea, but usually im the general except for on the radish server so i have a lot of time on my hands to tell them what to do.

Well, recycling is back in, but it's more limited. Basically your CH47D, Mi17, and Construction Jeep can Recycle the Nearest Vehicle. Unlike the original RTS, you have to click on the action when you're near something you want to recycle. Also, you are immediately given credit for the recycle, rather than carrying it back to the recycler. I might make that necessary later, dunno.

I am working on a minelayer. I have it all working except for the most important part. It won't lay mines because I can't find the proper name for mines. I tried looking in a mission that had mines already layed, and it called them "minemine". In the unofficial editing guide it had "GenericMine" and underneath that "MineMine". Unfortunately both of them cause a crash. It doesn't seem to recognize them. That's using CreateVehicle. I'll give Camcreate a try but I'm not sure if that'll work either.

Anyway, I do have that webpage for ppl to read up on and learn how to play. Last night I got really mad when someone died and spawned in the middle of nowhere, and kept buggin us to come get him even though he was only a little ways from water, so he could've drowned himself and spawned back at base anytime.

SIGH.

Anyway, I hope to have some of this stuff ready soon. =)

Guest Titanium

Karrillion. CAn you add the thing back where as after two mins w/o an HQ or MCV then you lose. Instead of losing immediatly after they blow. Cause it is just too easy if you only have to blow a few things up.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Right now you start off with a Mobile Base which counts as 1 base unit. After 2 mins then the end mission script kicks in so if your base units are destroyed after that then you lose.

smile.gif Then the game would never end, besides you have to destroy ALL buildings cept for towers..... and workers automatically repair buildings, and if you dont have someone taking care of defences you should lose smile.gif

Guest Titanium

it just seems too easy. All it takes is a cessna or two to win. Trust me, i already did it this way. I flew over, dropped off my AI. circles took out a building and their truck. then someone else took out the rest of their buildings. and bam, we won. If you can win with minimal armorment, it takes the fun out.