Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

AWESOME!

That's one hell of a base that someone built there, LOL.

I suppose tanks would have a hell of a time getting in there.

Did you use the Tank Squads and the AA squads ok?

Ok, as i said bug is fixed. We will plaY RTS2 all day smile.gif.

Really great map i dont wanna play any other maps right now lol smile.gif. BTW, i cant use AA squad cuz i dont know where it respawn confused.gif I mean i create AA squad and it appears somewhere but i dont know where hehe smile.gif. Also you can nottice our beautiful cessna of the dead that crashed in their base mauahahaha smile.gif(we did this the japanese way tounge.gif)

And we won, we had 6-7 apaches at enemy base. Beautiful attack. I also had Gohan with a 4 tanks sqaud coming to help us smile.gif.

Was a great attack smile.gif

keep up the good work karillion, make a version of RTS2 on Malden and Kolgujev(shouldnt be hard...)

BTW we used AI in shilka because that i couldnt know where my squad would appear(Aa squad)

and we only got attacked with kamikaze cessna in our towers sad.gif

There is a bug in the version of RTS2 that you have. The Barracks must be built first or the marker for the AI AA Squad will not move to your base.

I have it fixed now and will get a new version up at the same address as before.

Oh and I have change how you earn money. Instead of building 5 Recyclers, now you build 1 Recycler and you make 5 workers. They will each earn you money as long as they are alive. I will make them more useful in the future as well.

HEY THAT TOP ONE IS MY BASE!!! I MADE THAT ON THE ROUGHNECK SERVER EARLIER!! that is awsome that you thougth it was good KaRRiLLian  biggrin.gif quaker blew up the tank factory so i made a secret one in that row of houses and a barracks so i was making ZSU's w/ AI gunners all over the place  wink.gif but I dont know how to make AA soldiers sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ June 04 2002,02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a bug in the version of RTS2 that you have.  The Barracks must be built first or the marker for the AI AA Squad will not move to your base.

I have it fixed now and will get a new version up at the same address as before.

Oh and I have change how you earn money.  Instead of building 5 Recyclers, now you build 1 Recycler and you make 5 workers.  They will each earn you money as long as they are alive.  I will make them more useful in the future as well.<span id='postcolor'>

oo how cool, thanks smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ June 04 2002,04:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HEY THAT TOP ONE IS MY BASE!!! I MADE THAT ON THE ROUGHNECK SERVER EARLIER!! that is awsome that you thougth it was good KaRRiLLian  biggrin.gif quaker blew up the tank factory so i made a secret one in that row of houses and a barracks so i was making ZSU's w/ AI gunners all over the place  wink.gif but I dont know how to make AA soldiers  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

YA but ur shilkas wasnt good nenough if we had that many apaches fling there smile.gif

Heh, well nice base. =)

To build the Armored AA Squads, simply visit your Barracks and scroll down to the bottom of the list.  There, you should see Train Armored AA Squads and Train Armored Assault Squad.

BTW, I have uploaded the lates version of RTS2 to the same url.  I have the workers in there now, but I temporarily removed their animations.  Right now they just stand around, but I'm taking a look at maybe having them automatically repair your base buildings if they are destroyed.  I just need to make sure that they can detect the correct buildings and not go around repairing every building they find. =)

also, they'll have to be within a certain distance of your buildings because I don't want them wandering all over creation.

Oh, and I thought helos were already very expensive. First of all it takes $3000 just to upgrade to basic, then it takes $4000 for advanced. And then most of the big choppers are around $3000 each, and they take about 2-3 mins to build.

Yea, but we start out w/ what, 24000 dollars? I would like to see just a small increase in price so there would be a bit more tank battles, on that map were quaker flooded me w/ AI Apaches I saw one abrams come which I killed w/ a repaired apache biggrin.gif Possibly if the workers/slaves cut down trees if that is at all possible...... or a safezone generator that protects agains aircraft but not tanks and people that has to be destroy before aircraft can come in *note has to be really expensive smile.gif or if it cant protect against a sertain type of unit then the generator has to be put outside the proposed safezone? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ June 04 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yea, but we start out w/ what, 24000 dollars? I would like to see just a small increase in price so there would be a bit more tank battles, on that map were quaker flooded me w/ AI Apaches I saw one abrams come which I killed w/ a repaired apache  biggrin.gif  Possibly if the workers/slaves cut down trees if that is at all possible...... or a safezone generator that protects agains aircraft but not tanks and people that has to be destroy before aircraft can come in *note has to be really expensive  smile.gif or if it cant protect against a sertain type of unit then the generator has to be put outside the proposed safezone? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ya but im not the only one that was in apache, we were prepoaring a big attack smile.gif ( we had too much aircraft lol).

Ill put new version, continue your great work karillion smile.gif

see ya all

Actually $24,000 is just a temporary number until I'm done finalizing some things. Most likely I'll give just enough money to build the base plus get an upgrade or something.

The reason you get $24,000 is because you're the leader and you have to build all of the buildings. The other players get much less than that, like about $7000.

BTW I've almost got the workers doing some cool stuff. Whenever one of your buildings is destroyed, they'll run over to it and repair it. The only cost is that they aren't earning money while they do it, but it doesn't cost anything unless you repair it with your truck.

This keeps the incentive to keep those workers alive.

I haven't tested it out on a dedicated server so I'm not sure if it'll work there, but it works great on my PC.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ June 04 2002,23:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually $24,000 is just a temporary number until I'm done finalizing some things.  Most likely I'll give just enough money to build the base plus get an upgrade or something.

The reason you get $24,000 is because you're the leader and you have to build all of the buildings.  The other players get much less than that, like about $7000.

BTW I've almost got the workers doing some cool stuff.  Whenever one of your buildings is destroyed, they'll run over to it and repair it.  The only cost is that they aren't earning money while they do it, but it doesn't cost anything unless you repair it with your truck.

This keeps the incentive to keep those workers alive.

I haven't tested it out on a dedicated server so I'm not sure if it'll work there, but it works great on my PC.<span id='postcolor'>

East only starts with 14000 lol :-)

West starts out w/ more biggrin.gif and i found a problem with your civillians..... I think it is the same problem as the barracks when i build civilians as east, they die instantly sad.gif I think im doing something wrong, but i have been playing this map non stop all day biggrin.gif

UPDATE:

Get new version at the same link.

I just uploaded a new version with these changes:

Markers now appear for each of the first unique buildings you place, i.e. if you make a Barracks, then a marker only visible to your team appears there. It won't appear for any other barracks you make. Same goes for the other buildings. Also, a marker appears for your spawn. This way if someone is asking where the base is, just tell them to look at the map. smile.gif

Worker now repair the first of each unique building you make. In other words, first CommandHQ, Barracks, etc. Make sure you place them in an accessible place. When a building is destroyed the workers will automatically go to it and repair it and then return to the recycler. The only cost is that when they're repairing, they're not earning any money, but it's a lot cheaper than doing it with your mobile base or construction jeep.

Oh and Yeah, west starts out with more because I forgot to remove some stuff while testing.

Me and a few others just had one hell of a game. They built their base in the mountains near St. Pierre and fortified by making a couple of shilka squads. Our choppers got shot down every time. I built 3 Tank squads (Armored Assault Squads) and led them to the base and had one hell of a battle. I managed to take out most of their shilkas and I stole their Mobile Base unit and built another base near theirs. Then I got killed and my team took a couple of choppers and I took a A10 LGB and we finished them off. It lasted about 1 hr 30 mins and it was a BLAST!

biggrin.gif ICQ me and we could test the map tonight on stuff like money making and other minor flaws, I know of a server that is empty or we could just play over IP.

ICQ is 141572337

AIM is kilhoffa

MSN is kilhoffa@yahoo.com

Actually I run my own server on a T-1 after 5pm Eastern time.

KaRRiLLioN's OpFlash BootCamp

Notice the "After 5PM Eastern Time" part. smile.gif

So in other words it won't be up for another couple of hours. I normally don't get on the server until around 8 or 9pm anyway. My wife needs some attention. biggrin.gif

Guest Titanium

I didn;t bother to read through a bunch of new pages here, but medics arent showing up for me. I make one, it says that i t is made, but it doesnt show up on my command thing and doesnt show up perioad. yet it still counts him as a squad member, reducing my max by 1

Ah, i just red the IP wink.gif The game crashed just a min ago and it said something about a jeep horn for an error. Maybe you could look into it. smile.gif

Titanium, are other soldiers showing up when you create them? I'll check into it.

Jeep horn?! Now that's an original error. I have no clue unless I can get a very specific error message about it.

In the earlier threads, we also discovered that some unofficial addons will crash your game because the game tries to use them instead of the official ones that it should be using. I don't know why this happens, but it does. Keeping all of your Addons in a separate folder from your Official ones is a good idea. That way if you're going to play something with addons, just exit the game and rename the Unofficial addons folder back to Addons.

Guest Titanium

Just the Medics wont show for me. They don't acually show up. Yet they count as 1 not allowing me to get a full squad, even when side leader set AI limit to max.

hey karr you have U.S.A stuff in east stuff to build this is no good as player apear as enemys i think east should just get east stuff and west should get only west stuff...i hope ya fix it.............