Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 2 available for download

Hey karillion,

Yesterday ive tested again your map (with russin and other peoples on Roughnecks OC3). It didnt crashed again. Also ive didnt managed to build a thing the 2nd time. I mean ive etablsihed the base then ive logged in the truck(no building appeared) and i could only add ammo.

Other peoples tried to click Etablish Base Here(or something like that) but no luck.

Our main base didnt appeared ;(

UPDATE:

There are now available to each team an independent squad of Shilkas/Vulcans that are buildable at the Barracks. This way you don't have to take a chance of crashing by building your own controllable AI.

Before you train them, you'll need to set their area by using a radio command. For NATO it's 0-0-1 and for SOVIETS it's 0-0-2

This will set a marker on the map and the AI will go to it. You can also change the position of the marker and the AI will drive over to it. I would not recommend building TOO many of these units or the server might get overloaded. Only the team commander from NATO/Soviet can build these units and control them.

Right now I'm working on better methods of control. And I hope to add Tank squads to the mix so that you can have some really nice all out wars. The addition of the AA squads will at least help to keep teams from simply spamming a trillion missiles with choppers at each others bases unless they have a decent ground assault that can take out the shilkas/vulcans.

BTW the cost is $1700 per squad.

Download the updated version at this link (same as usual):

http://www.aggression.org/karr/rts2.zip

crashed missing weapon cfg confused.gif in middle of game confused.gif

UPDATE:

I have now added Armored Assault Squads to the list of things you can build. Here's a neat trick, but use this at your own risk because we encountered a client crash (well several) with it last night.

After you create a Tank Squad, then hop in the lead tank as commander. Then switch to driver. Now where ever you drive the entire squad will follow you. If you are the team commander and are doing this, you can press 0-0-2 (NATO) or 0-0-4 (SOVIETS) to drop a waypoint and if you have other tank squads built, they will follow you each time you drop a waypoint. The crashbug we encountered seems to be if you try to get out of the tank, then you immediately crash to desktop. this happened to 3 of us. If you stay in, however, you might be ok. I recommend that you don't get in the tanks, rather the commander can grab his own tank and drive ahead. By dropping waypoints, the other tanks will follow.

I've inluced an instructions.txt file with full instructions.

Also go to this page:

http://www.aggression.org/karr/rts2_instructions.htm

this contain complete instructions and pictures of the base buildings.

Enjoy!

Russin please, give me the exact errors you're getting or I can't do anything about it.

Also tell me exactly what you were doing when it crashed.

Hi karillion

your map is great but it have lkots of bugs.It crashed teh server again and it given teh same error:

No ENtry config.bin/Cfg.Weapons.M2MaDuce

I was building an M2a2.

Last tiem it didnt crashed, now i build M2a2 it crashes sad.gif

here is error from RPT file

=====================================================================

== E:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\OperationFlashpoint.EXE

=====================================================================

Exe version: Mon Mar 04 19:30:15 2002

file: __CUR_MP

world: eden

campaign:

battle:

mission:

ErrorMessage: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.M2MaDuce'.

Thanks!

This happened when you were building an M2A2 at the Tank Factory?

I'll check it out to make sure the correct type is being used.

I am not sure where this bug is coming from. I have checked everything and I have absolutley NOTHING ANYWHERE in the mission that even remotely has M2MaDuce.

After checking my server logs from last night, I do see that the server crashed once with that error. I don't know what is causing it, but I'll check into it some more. In the meantime, I guess don't build any M2A2's.

BTW the Type for an M2A2 is named Bradley. So when it is built, it uses "Bradley" as the unit type. I don't have a single mention of M2a2Duce anywhere, so it could also be a game bug perhaps, not a mission bug.

Anyway, try playing without building an M2 and see if that helps.

OK i will try to not build M2A2. I know that teh first game ive builded M2A2 and it didnt crashed. Second game ive did and it crashed lol smile.gif

Hi again,

we played a full RTS2 game without crash(Ive didnt build the tank factory).

I would have some suggestions.

-Could you make the player respawn (when theres no HQ) at a radius of 300 m or a lil less of the truck.(Cuz it sux if the commander(the guy that build) get killed and respawn at 10000m of the truck.

-Make more than 1 person that could build buildings and make only one building buildable(1 HQ, 1 Airfactory,etc) but multiple Construction Jeeps and multiple recyclers smile.gif

-Can you make another Fortified Platform but a bit higher(maybe put 2 towerrs on the castle hehe smile.gif!

-Make some researchable Cessnas with AA missiles(stinger or 9k32).

-Make SU25 with LGB.

-Can you make a building that makes boats hehe smile.gif

Thats it, I hope you will fix the crashing bug.Good luck with your map

see ya

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ June 02 2002,06:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybee a bmp with stingers?<span id='postcolor'>

ya this would also be easy to make, or the M2gunner with stinger smile.gif.

THis would be AIR Defence smile.gif

Ok new error this time. Here are all the 4 errors we had:

ErrorMessage: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.M240b'.

ErrorMessage: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.m197'.

ErrorMessage: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.M2MaDuce'.

ErrorMessage: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.GSH302'.

SO what you think it is ?

What version of dedicated server are you playing on, and does it have unofficial addons?

I know of at least 20 other dedicated servers playing this mission and none of them have every had this error.

yes we have add-ons, and 1.49.

IVe got m197 error right now. I just ordered an AH1. Ive said to all: I got an AH1 smile.gif

Ive turned to see it (it appeared) and right after

Session Lost

Session Lost

Session Lost

Session Lost

Session Lost

hehe

Know why ?

I'm not sure. There must be an addon on your server that is causing it. I'll ask around but I've had no one else report this error.

When you and Russin came and played on the server tonight it did crash with that M2ADuce error for everyone. Then after you both left we played 2 games at 1 hour a each. It never crashed at all and played smoothly. I am almost certain that there is an addon or replacement addon for an official unit that is causing it on your end.

Here's what happens. When you build a unit it searches the list for a type. This might be "Bradley" for M2A2, but opflash might have some other identifier in the code that has M2A2 in it. It might pick up the name of an addon that you have and try to use it which will crash the server since it doesn't have it.

I have no addons at all except the official ones, and the server doesn't have any either, and since this only happened one other time when you all weren't playing but about 15 players were, I think one of them may have had the addon that causes this.

Russin said he has about 128 addons, so maybe if you copied your current addon folder or renamed it to "Unofficial Addons" and then made an Addon folder with only official ones and tried it we can see if this is the cause. The server would also have to have no addons either.

Anyway, this is my theory and I think it's correct.

thanks for stopping by and helping test it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ June 03 2002,06:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you and Russin came and played on the server tonight it did crash with that M2ADuce error for everyone.  Then after you both left we played 2 games at 1 hour a each.  It never crashed at all and played smoothly.  I am almost certain that there is an addon or replacement addon for an official unit that is causing it on your end.

Here's what happens.  When you build a unit it searches the list for a type.  This might be "Bradley" for M2A2, but opflash might have some other identifier in the code that has M2A2 in it.  It might pick up the name of an addon that you have and try to use it which will crash the server since it doesn't have it.

I have no addons at all except the official ones, and the server doesn't have any either, and since this only happened one other time when you all weren't playing but about 15 players were, I think one of them may have had the addon that causes this.

Russin said he has about 128 addons, so maybe if you copied your current addon folder or renamed it to "Unofficial Addons" and then made an Addon folder with only official ones and tried it we can see if this is the cause.  The server would also have to have no addons either.

Anyway, this is my theory and I think it's correct.

thanks for stopping by and helping test it!<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, i will try that right now. So you mean that we need to copy our add-ons and server add-ons into a new folders and only let the official ones in the add-on folder ?

Ok I really think you are right. All my add-ons and server add-ons are moved in anotehr folder and now I only have official add-ons.

I think that M2A2 problem might be the snow m2a2 or another M2a2 add-on...

Anyway i will test it like that smile.gif

good news:

after 40 mins of RTS2 playing(ive didnt played the game though), server didnt crashed smile.gif

Ok, we played 4 matches and it didnt crashed. I consider the problem solved smile.gif. I just finished to play my best RTS game and here are 2 pics

rts1.jpg

rts2.jpg