Entbuchselt

Why is it still not possible to change your main profile name?

All my savegames, customized controls and loadouts are on my main profile. For what ever reason Arma chooses the PC's name for the profile name, in my case it's basically my "Gamer Tag". Since it's fairly hard to pronounce for other people I wanted to change my profile name to Entbuchselt Ent Buchselt (most people would tend to call me just "Ent" which is much easier to pronounce) ... but that's simply not possible. I don't want to mess with the save files that are located in the Documents Folder and I don't want to create a new profile since all my the things (Custom Settings/Controls/Loadouts, savegames, etc.) are on the main one.

I basically just want BI to make it possible to change the name of the main profile or at least to let us know why it isn't. 

It is possible, but you'll have to do it manually.

Rename the folder and a run a search/replace on the profile inside to replace your name there too.

(make a backup)

Not only that why is my name not capitalized and why can't I fix it :(

Oh nvm I thought you were talking about forum names.

Edited by telkwa

@telkwa this is OT but I still answer you. I can remember that the Lowercase name issue was introduced when BI changed the forum software. Back then you could simply post a complaint about that in a feedback thread (iirc). So since this is quite a while ago, just hit a message over to an forum mod: https://forums.bistudio.com/staff/

On 8.9.2017 at 1:52 PM, Tajin said:

It is possible, but you'll have to do it manually.

Rename the folder and a run a search/replace on the profile inside to replace your name there too.

(make a backup)

As I said, I do not want to mess with the folders. One time it deleted everything for some reason :/

As Tajin said, back the folder up, then mess with it. Any dramas and all you have to do is copy it back in.