http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113351114

This addon is basically the work of 

I have spend the last few days gonna over the original files making some changes fixes etc
I kept the name DS Houses, because its the name of the original work.

Changes include
Path LOD for most buildings, (AI Pathing)
Geo & Fire Geometry Fixes
Door Fixes

The addon is roughly only 180MB in size
To use the addon you just need to load it with CUPs.

Note: I will be pushing a new update later tonight with new serverkey. To fix issue with 2 floating buildings.
There is still some stuff left todo, but i will try keep the updates at most once a week.

• Like 12

Hi,

I tested this addon and it is a nice one. The new open buildings have plenty of memory points for the buildingPos command.

While walking around in Chernarus I noticed 3 issues so far:

• The "Land_HouseV_1L2" building has only 3 buildingPos, and only one is inside.
  • In front of the doors of "Land_HouseV_3I3", there is some invisible geometry that prevent you from entering unless you vault.
  • Another building (forgot to note the class name) seems to have a different placement from its CUP counterpart. Take a look at the pictures below.

Notice how the Fuel tank collides with the house:

042BA4DD6F609E9C9ECFF9F0000F4F4AF7D353B1

This one is the same and we see the dirt which corresponds to the original building placement:

ECC6E62260921BDC1AF04A51B0DCDE8AADA37547

Here we see that it overlaps the sidewalk:

B79D6102539B2A345128EC4F809113F859D7515D

Anyway this addon looks very promising, keep up the good work guys !

• Like 4

Thanks for that list and screenshots will try to get most of them fixed up for this week.

As for Land_HouseV_1L2 i might not get that sorted till next week. I was having some issues getting AI to follow the Path LOD.

Update:

Right all the buildings are basically slightly off.
Its due to arma auto center on models taking in consideration all the LODs.
Unfortunately the Path LOD have few points outside the original model, where AI enters from.

It basically means i need to disable autocenter and manually (by visual checking ingame) adjust the buildings (annoying)

• Like 1

Update pushed on Steam (new serverkey)

• Fixed the building center positions (had to be done manually). But it should be good now.
  • Fixed the armor values for the new buildings, shouldn't be as easy to destroy them now (similiar to CUPs armor values for buildings)
  • Land_HouseV_3I3 fixed RoadLod
  • Like 2

Will be setting up a public repo with changes to original files in the next week or 2.
Just been busy with other stuff & RL, plus would like to get the fire geometry materials sorted out on all the models first.

Yes it overrides the models / configs.
You don't need todo anything, no scripts in the addon / no scripts required at all

Just load the addon along with CUPS Core, updated your mission required addons with DSHouses thats it.

Those type of houses float:

Name is: Land_HouseV_2L_dam

Are there loot positions done for these buildings?

7 hours ago, Adam Kadmon said:

Those type of houses float:

Are there loot positions done for these buildings?

Chances are if you check the website for what ever mod you're playing they do. That's not something the modeler does.

Will push an update tomorrow with fixes for the Floating Damage Buildings, arma weirdness. Will try do it same time as arma update

There are building positions setup for most buildings, some loot code may use these positions but they are really meant for AI.
Otherwise you will need to setup the loot positions yourself for whatever addon/mission you are running.

• Like 1

Update pushed to Steam.
Fixed damage / destroyed models beening offset wrongly

• Like 2

All you do is load the addon.
It literally couldn't be any easier
Add -mod=@everything_else;@path/to/ds_houses
Copy the @ds_houses/keys to your arma3server/keys

Its exactly the same as every other addon you run on a server/client.

• Like 1

That's what we did, but it doesn't even attempt to load, it does not give us any errors in console or anything. so its difficult for us to troubleshoot it because it doesn't give us anything to go on. 

Well you messed up then. Or it didn't download from steam workshop fully.
You check arma server rpt for errors etc, you don't look at console (unless you are talking about linux really should be piping that to a file) 

It is no different from loading CUPS Core & Maps on your server.

• Like 1

You answered my prayers!  Enterable buildings and the AI pathing to make them useable are the big things holding Chernarus back from being properly enjoyable nowadays.  I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment from this, thank you!

Will be an update tomorrow

• Minor Fixes
  • AI Pathing for HouseV_1L2
  • Switched over to new door/ladder engine tech.
  • Fixed missing Door sounds
  • Like 6

Hi.

Can someone help me with this problem ?

- I'm playing Arma 3 Dayz Epoch and when I wanted to join the server this happened. (I was playing like 2 days on this server before this happened)

- I tried to unsubcribe the mode than restart my PC and subscribe again, but didn't help.

Thanks.

hoPcGro.jpg

52 minutes ago, Dalabar349 said:

Hi.

Can someone help me with this problem ?

- I'm playing Arma 3 Dayz Epoch and when I wanted to join the server this happened. (I was playing like 2 days on this server before this happened)

- I tried to unsubcribe the mode than restart my PC and subscribe again, but didn't help.

Thanks.

Different mod versions it would seem. Verify the mod you have is the same that the server is running.

There was update earlier with some small bug fixes & using the new ladder engine detection. That got added in last major patch

• Like 1

Still having Signature issues when using v8 bikey, any ideas? Uploaded and removed previous from keys folder, tried using both my key from updated mod and from server update as well, know what to do in that regard. Seem to still have mismatch signature wise. Any ideas?

Update:

Well that was weird, after letting it sit for a while it was just fine!

Signatures check and everything. Very very odd.

Got a question.  Got theese messages in our server rpt file :

Spoiler

10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i1\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_1l2\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i3\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_1t\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t1\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i2\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_1t\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2l\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i4\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_1l2\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t1\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\dom_01\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i4\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2l\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i3\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i2\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i1\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\dom_02_pinsk\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2i\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2i\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'

any idea what is causing this?  or any idea how to get rid of them?

thank you

19 minutes ago, Craminu said:

Got a question.  Got theese messages in our server rpt file :

Hide contents

10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i1\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_1l2\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i3\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_1t\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t1\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i2\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_1t\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2l\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i4\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_1l2\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t1\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\dom_01\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i4\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2l\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i3\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i2\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_3i1\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\dom_02_pinsk\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2i\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'
10:15:37 Conflicting addon DSHouses in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2i\proxy\', previous definition in 'ds_houses\derevnya\a2_housev_2t2\'

any idea what is causing this?  or any idea how to get rid of them?

thank you

They are problem with one of the proxys on one of the houses, only the author can fix that error within the addon.

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

They are problem with one of the proxys on one of the houses, only the author can fix that error within the addon.

Thank you.  Hope the author sees them and can fix it :)