tortuosit

Adjust stance down on W+S while moving?

Guys, I was thinking, I should more often use the low crouch because it automatically makes me go down a bit when stopping. I was even thinking about a mod but there is no event handler which helps here.

CTRL+S is too inconvenient for me, so I was thinking I could use my crouch hotkey followed by W+S, because I do not use it for anything. Also W+S feels very good for me for gowing lower in from any stance, while moving. That is also the goal: stance down while moving. But it does not seem to be reliable. Sometimes it does not stance down, sometimes it does 2 steps instantly...

Any thoughts on this?

Feel free to do whatever you want, however i do wonder why you feel like it is easier to do W+S instead of CTRL+S? W+S is nearly impossible for me to do as my middle finger blocks my reach of the S key unless i turn my hand in a really weird angle. Did you lose your pinky finger?\

EDIT: Btw, in theory you may be able to detect the changes in animations and detect when you stopped in crouch stance, its not a real eventhandler but i think it could be done.

I've heard some players using their Scroll-Wheel+Ctrl to switch through the stances. Sounded plausible.

I use Scroll-Wheel+Shift to adjust my stance. Great for popping your head up, taking a shot then hiding again. I find the 'Ctrl' key to hard to use and often press 'Shift' instead.

• Like 1

On 24.8.2017 at 3:25 PM, taskmaster065 said:

I use Scroll-Wheel+Shift to adjust my stance. Great for popping your head up, taking a shot then hiding again. I find the 'Ctrl' key to hard to use and often press 'Shift' instead.

Doesn't it interfere with SHIFT as a very typical RUN modifier?

No I still have all fingers, but CTRL felt always incomfortable for me. Probably because at that moment I slide down with all other fingers a bit. Yes, I know we can detect animations, but I think there are many which have to be detected, so it's not very easy to implement.

No, I still use 'Shift" for running. It would be great if I could use the same setup (ie Scroll-Wheel+Shift ) to adjust my stance while running.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, taskmaster065 said:

No, I still use 'Shift" for running. It would be great if I could use the same setup (ie Scroll-Wheel+Shift ) to adjust my stance while running.

Yeah, it seems a sub-stance change is only possible while standing. BTW thanks for this idea, it works great and feels very natural. And easy to access.