firewill

The Rival : F-22 Raptor vs F-23A Grey Ghost Standalone

F-22 updated

- maintenance(some fixes for init.sqf and ejection system)

and some news about F-23

CBB6C25514A6AB84D7D180D89C73D6DB7A826EA7

A12169E157E0D8509FB70C76A857B8B48C32383D

F-23 can equip weapon on external pylons.(100% fictional)

D81D6AA32C0D82510CF61DB026869CD8998AF18F

Wizard 1 skin

DAAB4205302C949CFCDDB88F3B20EEFAAF889E05

and F-23 will release in May-13

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just came. 

I don't care, if it's fictional, the pylons look so damn cool on that F-23...quick question: will a default Arma skin be included? 

Many many many thanks for not forgetting about the F-23. Firewill, you're one of my heroes now. 

hmmmm, you know, the amount and quality of planes you give us actually reminds of Footmunch :D Damn, I miss Footmunch Fridays :D :D

• Like 1

nordstrom_mens_shop_daily_blog_spring_es

I have been waiting for this moment for a long time...

Extra comments, in spoiler so as not to ruin the original post :)

Considering that bringing the thing to Arma in any form other than the original prototype is a work of fiction, AFAIC you can do whatever the hell you want so long as it's in-character. You being you, I trust you to do that :rthumb:

I know you're Korean, not Japanese, but nonetheless... you bring great honor to the Arma modding community :)

Edited by Hvymtal
Switched videos to someone who isn't monetizing other peoples' IP and trying to sell you illegal copies on top of that. 80sJB's monetized video is staying because they aren't scumbags

8 hours ago, flv*venom* said:

I just came. 

I don't care, if it's fictional, the pylons look so damn cool on that F-23...quick question: will a default Arma skin be included? 

Many many many thanks for not forgetting about the F-23. Firewill, you're one of my heroes now. 

hmmmm, you know, the amount and quality of planes you give us actually reminds of Footmunch :D Damn, I miss Footmunch Fridays :D :D

Have to agree, a generic Arma-verse NATO skin would be perfect, since it fits quite well into the existing NATO lineup of mostly fictionalised variants of real vehicles.

• Like 2

Are you thinking of adding EWP (Enclosed Weapons Pods) to the F-23? The aircraft looks amazing and I'm looking forward to when it comes out, great work!

Armaverse NATO skins (or even a vanilla-balanced model) would be perfect, as would the EWPs. But if it cuts into your release schedule or diverts resources from making the thing work well, I'd encourage you to focus on that instead and just release a vanilla skin later

Also, keep the Ace Combat skins coming. They're surprisingly useful for some of the fictional stuff some of my play buddies like to do with the PMC maps. Also, please go back to some of the more recent stuff and do blank skins and insignia selections as well, those are actually quite nice for generic or in-group fiction work, and the insignias, name plates, etc add a nice personal touch.

• Like 1

That wizard squadron skin is just perfect!

I have to say, it'll be interesting trying to recreate Cipher's fight with Wizard 1 when the hardware differences are much more pronounced here :icon_confused:

If you ever want to do operational black liveries, the various former F-117 squadrons would be perfect. As an idea :)

F-22 updated

- some maintenance

and you've been waiting a lot for this.

F-23 released on front page

F3164ADD6BF8173AB630AE834257A000C0943431

happy hunting!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

There might be a problem with F-22A not being able to retract it's landing gear. Can anyone else confirm?

Update: It seems the problem was damaged landing gear, but here is next problem, for some reason, F-22A is very fragile when starting up even at paved landing strip, so during starting in to the air it gets damaged very easy or even destroyed.

Same happens with F-23A, it seems that both above certain speed takes damage, thus making starting with them difficult sometimes.

Other jets from other packs seems to suffer the same, but to a lesser degree, for example they got their engines generating dense black smoke like they would be damaged or something.

Perhaps hitpoints are misalligned or something?

Have you considered the possibility that you may be tail striking on takeoff? I find it to be a problem with the F-22 when you are not careful

Yes but damage happens also when certain speed is exceeded, somewhere above 200-250 kph.

The aircraft is perfectly capable of lifting off at 200-250 kph, and in my experience I do not encounter damage until closer to 300.. 

It happens to the other aircraft as well, and it has since at LEAST Arma 2...

@firewill

f-22:

the attachement points for the lesh towing mod must be about 2m more to the front and 1/2m higher.

for the f-23 this works:

LESH_AxisOffsetTarget[]={0,9,-1};

f-22 / f-23 updated

f-22

- Arctic Front update integration
- ATA Training presets
- maintenance

f-23

- Arctic Front update integration
- ATA Training presets
- maintenance

F-22/F-23 updated