crazy mike

Chernarus 2035 (Chernarus + Utes + More)

2 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

I think the fields look great. Didnt notice the ferns. I'll take a look.

i mean the model is nice but the ferns and blueberry models dont really fit in well, have to look to see if anything looks better

concidering trying my own plant models but ive only done a few basic things in o2 like modifying some of the structures, which is arguably easier to make straight lines then natural looking shit since o2 controls like ass

Hi crazy mike, i was wondering how i can find all the class names for all the beds, is it from another mod? also i notice some buildings are raised in the air for example in Stary Sobor i noticed this.. im guessing you know about it.

Anyway i also think the grass fields look great, really nice work on this map.

4 hours ago, katipo66 said:

Hi crazy mike, i was wondering how i can find all the class names for all the beds, is it from another mod? also i notice some buildings are raised in the air for example in Stary Sobor i noticed this.. im guessing you know about it.

Anyway i also think the grass fields look great, really nice work on this map.

the "beds" dont have classnames they are proxied models inside buildings, and there are no buildings raised on the map, if you have buildings which are floating your using an addon that is unrelated to the map

1 hour ago, crazy mike said:

the "beds" dont have classnames they are proxied models inside buildings, and there are no buildings raised on the map, if you have buildings which are floating your using an addon that is unrelated to the map

Ok thanks for the reply.

Added a new quarry in the northwestern area of the map, Skalka hill is now an industrial site with a mining operation.

pictures in a bit

I just want to say you thanks you very much for this great work. Chernarus is my favorite map since all time so, this map is clearly my new one favorite ! :eyeheart:
Courage for the rest of work, I can't wait to see anothers updates :f:

• Like 1

This map has just recieved a fairly huge update, major changes include Utes island (yes utes) and a completely redone grass config

All changes are as follows;

-Added Utes Island south of skalisty island
-Overhauled grass clutter config
-Fixed a bunch of duplicated objects and other small errors
-Started adding vehicle wrecks across the map (unfinished)
-Tweaked Ambient Life config
-Changed Sand mask to original texture
-Removed the shitty bullet crack sounds
-Added a new enterable building, the log cabin house I cant remember its classname, it does have a bug where it has a door interact but that does nothing, I'll have it fixed for next update

-New ocean coloring

Screenshots:

c35796ff5df5f6d3d71dc0cda2dfc4b8.png

f7572d9341cbe5d5426694df40d08419.jpg

e55cd6374b1a23484375b8aa926b21a2.jpg

b887363b3d6e2c2d3780011afa1d345a-jpg.jpg

08c212d471ba8826e56374966408eba1-jpg.jpg

0b9068cda0444af9e15cef6068a892e3.jpg

New house interior (I did this ages ago but never implemented it)

75692f54cde23c02852fabd039f39b42-jpg.jpg

a9be8450a56bb6958cc6c08a899103aa-jpg.jpg

Thanks for keeping up!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

Sneak peak images of the Kabanino Swamp

12465cc473914dd89125ff57c4cb2018.jpg

b0d97bd4e42bcc3391c68e6d86654763.jpg

fe7069dcf236e5ff63c38f07ae7431b9.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

will this one still be sorta of "pre-apocalypse"? chernarus redux is awesome, I love how people are remastering and upgrading good ol chernarus, but it kinda stinks if we can't play anything but dayz/zombies on them. that swamp is looking great and seeing chernarus looking that good is exciting.

• Like 2

Just now, wsxcgy said:

will this one still be sorta of "pre-apocalypse"? chernarus redux is awesome, I love how people are remastering and upgrading good ol chernarus, but it kinda stinks if we can't play anything but dayz/zombies on them. that swamp is looking great and seeing chernarus looking that good is exciting.

the only people who even want to try upgrading chernarus want to for the survival servers xD, this originally was for desolationredux however it was smarter that we just split it and then i left for like 6 months

• Like 1

It's just my two cents, but I find it quite sad that Arma nowadays is pretty much only about Zombies and people infected by a virus which makes them behave like zombies which they totally aren't, they only behave like it. But only a little bit...It used to be a different game...

However, don't take this as an insult, it's just not my cup of tea, voicing maybe a bit sadness, that Cherno isn't getting an upgrade for non apocalypse scenarios. I honestly wish you the best of luck with this map, since it does add many new aspects to the area that are quite fun to explore.

as I said, good luck and keep on making Cherno alive again ;)

• Like 2

Honestly from what I've seen of it so far it's just a bit over grown and unkempt as of right now. 

12 minutes ago, flv*venom* said:

It's just my two cents, but I find it quite sad that Arma nowadays is pretty much only about Zombies and people infected by a virus which makes them behave like zombies which they totally aren't, they only behave like it. But only a little bit...It used to be a different game...

However, don't take this as an insult, it's just not my cup of tea, voicing maybe a bit sadness, that Cherno isn't getting an upgrade for non apocalypse scenarios. I honestly wish you the best of luck with this map, since it does add many new aspects to the area that are quite fun to explore.

as I said, good luck and keep on making Cherno alive again ;)

well thats the fault of dayz devs who STILL havent allowed modding so all of the dayz bandwagon nerds (myself included) are forced to make due on arma i could care less if i had to fix my mod for every other update, atleast let us do it l0l, their logic makes sense but its actually retarded because modding was the only thing that kept dayz afloat after all the years on arma 2, so hopefully in like 5-6 months when people jump over to modded dayz beta someone capable will bring chernarus back into the spotlight in a cleaned up fashion

i could go on and on about that but whats the point lol this is my terrain thread xD

• Like 3

DayZ doesnt do mods because modding an online game like that can turn in to a real pain in the ass. we have it in arma but try to tell me its not a pain in the ass. verifying addons, keeping track of versions, keeping up with updates to the game, making sure everyone has them so its fair. its clunky and that kind of stuff makes the game less accessible and digestible, while also diverting resources from working out the kinks, of which theres no shortage of in DayZ. oh well. server-side mods would possibly help but then they'd have to be downloaded all the time, making loading very slow and the storage impact would be uncontrollable.

Edited by wsxcgy

10 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

DayZ doesnt do mods because modding an online game like that can turn in to a real pain in the ass. we have it in arma but try to tell me its not a pain in the ass. verifying addons, keeping track of versions, keeping up with updates to the game, making sure everyone has them so its fair. its clunky and that kind of stuff makes the game less accessible and digestible, while also diverting resources from working out the kinks, of which theres no shortage of in DayZ. oh well. server-side mods would possibly help but then they'd have to be downloaded all the time, making loading very slow and the storage impact would be uncontrollable.

im pretty sure their original beef with modding was because they kept doing huge updates that would break most mods or something of the sort, but thats like no good reason to OUTRIGHT ban modding in any form, in their quest for a "uniform" dayz experience across all servers, they alienated every singly player who DIDNT play vanilla dayz mod, you played dayz origins? too bad. you played dayz epoch? too bad. you played dayz overwatch? too bad, and the list goes on and on for any spinoff which entertained players, i saw a smaller youtube say something like this;

12 friends all started playing dayz mod together, 4 friends got bored and found dayz origins, 3 friends got bored and found dayz overwatch, 4 friends got bored and found dayz epoch, 1 friend stayed on vanilla dayz mod. ALL of them tried dayz standalone, but only one stayed, now make each friend represent thousands of players, and the entire issue with the dayz population is cleared up, even if it would have been hard or unoptimal, dayz is not the kind of game to have a dwindling playerbase, it was and always should have been a moddable game from the early days no matter what was to happen in the future development to keep the playerbase interested

sorry for the runon sentence lmao, i wont post any more about it because it just gets me annoyed :/

• Like 2

@ flv*venom* Just because it's war torn doesn't mean you have to spawn Zombies on it eh?  I think this Chernarus and the Redux versions are well suited for any and all forms of combat.

BTW awesome job Crazy Mike!

• Like 2

Building a nuclear power plant tonight near petrovka, i stole a chunk of chernogork to make it go a little quicker lol. just the sat image ill try to make it feel unique compared to cherno industrial zone

211953ddfe15d7f02085afba9a816071.jpg

just finished heightmap time to place some shizz

b0b55289ac4e787b392e04dd84914f4a.jpg

• Like 8

Crazy Mike, you should go nuts on that swamp!  I have no idea how easy/hard it is to make them but I'd love to see it a few hundred meters larger if possible?

20 minutes ago, Zakuaz said:

Crazy Mike, you should go nuts on that swamp!  I have no idea how easy/hard it is to make them but I'd love to see it a few hundred meters larger if possible?

its already done and i donbt rlly plan on going back xD it is the size of the town its next to

• Like 1

this map is so pretty. you guys shouldn't be too worried about it being versatile. i personally never liked how clean Altis and all the new maps look. especially for playing war on it. sure it's good for life servers but otherwise it looks sterile.

i made some screenshots that show some of the retouches. nothing says "zombies" specifically.  says more like "shit went down" in general.

bfgl5jv.jpg

0W7CBkT.jpg

By8Elzm.jpg

QiK3kwA.jpg

• Like 11