crazy mike

Chernarus 2035 (Chernarus + Utes + More)

Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113631358&tscn=1503026494

1d9132447ac7900045bf3c1feb27b85b.jpg

Chernarus 2035 is the Eastern area of the fictional country of Chernarus, known by most to just simply be Chernarus. This mod aims to be a slight re-master and overhaul to some locations of Chernarus in line with the original terrain. The terrain size has been increased from 225km2 to 419km2, a number of new islands large and small have been created off the coast of Chernarus, ranging from a Nuclear Power Plant to a large island with an airfield a some small settlements, to nearly a dozen smaller islands to fill in the gaps. More inland enhancements to locations are also underway, currently the only location which has had any noteworthy changes is Elektro with a large upper town area being added. Utes island has been added to the map aswell, bringing the total playable space up significantly, and even more locations previously barren may also be updated in the future. Thank you!

Other notable features:
-Overhauled Grass Configs & Textures
-Beautiful Lighting, Sky, and Cloud Configs
-Many structures have added interiors by Argument and myself

-Utes Island + Chernarus merged

-Post-Catastrophe Setting (Garbage and abandoned vehicles)

-Many new additions planned for the future

4d2233f5ca8b12550a345eaf7bc62ec4.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

This is amazing! My community is loving it!

qgr9tWZ.jpg

Error in Cherno. 

EDIT: sorry this was already mentioned.

Laid down some Ravage modules and had a real blast on this terrain, the work on Vulsk Island is worth the admission price alone, it's just beautiful around there man.

I know you have a full plate atm, but i'm really looking forward to what's in store with future updates.....this rendition of Chernarus is pretty special. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

Laid down some Ravage modules and had a real blast on this terrain, the work on Vulsk Island is worth the admission price alone, it's just beautiful around there man.

I know you have a full plate atm, but i'm really looking forward to what's in store with future updates.....this rendition of Chernarus is pretty special. :thumbsup:

I'm at a bit of a dilemma because I'm not artistic and have to design another 80km of terrain as a peninsula on the eastern side, 

• Like 3

Really nice work on this terrain. The forest floors with all the autumn leaves on them look fantastic.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Really nice work on this terrain. The forest floors with all the autumn leaves on them look fantastic.

yea I was quite surprised seeing those models and seeing them never be used besides for one old map

• Like 1

I love the atmosphere of this terrain and especially the enterable buildings!

Great work! I will be playing on this map a lot. :thumbs-up:

Bug report

Small issue with street lights: if you shoot a street light, the illumination is gone but the street light itself is still "on."

Shooting the lamp again will turn it off for a fraction of a second, but it comes back on right away.

I tried demolition charges but that also did not help. :happy:

• Like 1

Is it possible to release a separate pbo that could apply your lighting to other maps? Such as the CUP maps? (Without altering their work without permission of course)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Is it possible to release a separate pbo that could apply your lighting to other maps? Such as the CUP maps? (Without altering their work without permission of course)

yea quite easily however there's still the problem with dynamic lights at night but if you don't plan to use nighttime then it's great 

referencing a mods config and overriding parts in it and making a dependency is always allowed with aplsa mods POSSIBLY apl aswell unless stated otgerwise, possibly all mods as your redistributing none of their work and only referencing it

if I understand some of that legality humbug right

if anything I've never heard of a mod being dmcad for being dependent on another

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Matthijs said:

I love the atmosphere of this terrain and especially the enterable buildings!

Great work! I will be playing on this map a lot. :thumbs-up:

Bug report

Small issue with street lights: if you shoot a street light, the illumination is gone but the street light itself is still "on."

Shooting the lamp again will turn it off for a fraction of a second, but it comes back on right away.

I tried demolition charges but that also did not help. :happy:

those are cup objects so see if one of the cup terrains have the same issue if so nothing I can do if not then it's a problem with my config which I will eventually be fixing

22 hours ago, crazy mike said:

those are cup objects so see if one of the cup terrains have the same issue if so nothing I can do if not then it's a problem with my config which I will eventually be fixing

I reported the issue on the CUP bug tracker, because it could be reproduced on Chernarus, Everon, and Bystrica. The problem is in their powlines_woodl object.

I can't pick what I'm loving more about this mod: the map or the lighting. I think you should certainly consider releasing the lighting as a separate mod for various islands! I can't stand the crappy Mediterranean lighting that doesn't fit anything, Mediterranean included, and I'm would be more than happy to play with ye olde soft and comfy Arma 2 lighting, even with nighttime issues.

2 hours ago, semiconductor said:

I can't pick what I'm loving more about this mod: the map or the lighting. I think you should certainly consider releasing the lighting as a separate mod for various islands! I can't stand the crappy Mediterranean lighting that doesn't fit anything, Mediterranean included, and I'm would be more than happy to play with ye olde soft and comfy Arma 2 lighting, even with nighttime issues.

spent the better half of today trying to use the new lighting to get the same effect, this is what i came up with

00c0802f5c63c441b8a387de5179e7bb.jpg

>completely different

quite annoying to be honest if the next arma game does not have documentation on what does what ill never touch it, spent the entire time repacking over and over to see what config does what and half the time nothing changed, i would change a number from 0.5 to 50.5 to see what the config affects and absolutely nothing on the map would change visually lol

ill keep working on this but ill NEVER get the same arma 2 feel with the new lighting, from me not understanding the hdr perfectly to the config being a monster to edit and check, even on devbranch with patching, idk i do like the soft / deep blue color for skies but itll be a pain to make it perfect, so its on the backburner

• Like 2

iirc some vars might not work like that. Say something's default is 0.5 if the range is only 0-1 and you put 50.5 it might just revert back to default.

18 minutes ago, soolie said:

iirc some vars might not work like that. Say something's default is 0.5 if the range is only 0-1 and you put 50.5 it might just revert back to default.

its a color code

I love the new grass you are using! It looks fantastic. Where is it from? This-

qN0XbMK.png

On 9/25/2017 at 10:16 PM, ineptaphid said:

I love the new grass you are using! It looks fantastic. Where is it from? This-

qN0XbMK.png

its from like takistan i think, it was a mint green then i just changed the saturation a bit to look more like the vanilla grass from the map, found it in the sample files ages ago

the only problem with the grass is that its hard to find other models that mix in well with it for fields, in the forests it goes ok with the forest plants im using right now however i think the ferns dont look so good overall

I think the fields look great. Didnt notice the ferns. I'll take a look.