joostsidy

Changing LIM LMG Grippod texture?

The LIM LMG is a black colored weapon with a khaki colored grip used by the independent faction on Tanoa. The grippods' color looks out of place so I would like to paint it black (cue Rolling Stones). With a neutral color it is more useful for other factions.

I thought it would be easy but I encountered some problems:

- The LIM weapon texture does not contain the grippod texture

- I have a suspicion that the grippod is recycled from another weapon, such as the MK200?

- I can find for instance a seperate grippod texture of the Mk200, but no reference to it in a config file

- Are some textures baked into objects and not accessible through config files?

I suspect BI themselves had some problems with it / went for a quick and dirty solution, because the khaki grippod looks out of place on a weapon for Tanoa.

I hoped this would be as easy as setting the weapon texture to grey scale to remove the khaki color, but it seems more difficult.

I hope someone can help me or explain if it isn't possible.

Hmm, ok, so main reason is that the grippod hasn't got a hidden selection texture so it can't be repainted.

Still curious how this weapon is constructed, it seems like the grippod is borrowed from the mk200.

I wish BI would give us the option to repaint the entire weapon. It's a cool lmg that can be used by multiple factions. It looks very good on the CTRG guys for instance.

I've noticed that on some weapons, BI has certain areas/attachments which dont have hidden selections.

Maybe make a ticket or something on their official feedback tracker thing, asking for hidden selections for certain sections of weapons? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Maybe make a ticket or something on their official feedback tracker thing, asking for hidden selections for certain sections of weapons? 

I have created a ticket for it on the feedback tracker.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126504

• Like 1

@DnA

The dev log showed at page 46 (see link below) that this issue was resolved:  'Added: The ability to re-texture the grip on the LIM-85'

However I see no change in the textures and config file and still don't see a way to retexture the LIM grippod. I would still very much like to create/have a LIM with a black grippod as this would give it a more suitable look for different factions and environments.

Am I missing something?

Camo_3 selection is for the grippod.

cTRm26Vl.png

Example config:

Spoiler

class CfgPatches
{
	class My_LMG_retex_addon
	{
		requiredAddons[]=
		{
			"A3_Weapons_F_Exp"
		};
		requiredVersion=0.1;
		units[]={};
		weapons[]=
		{
			"My_LMG_retex"
		};
	};
};

class cfgWeapons
{
	class LMG_03_base_F;

class My_LMG_retex: LMG_03_base_F
	{
		author="Me";
		baseWeapon="My_LMG_retex";
		scope=2;
		displayName="Some name";
		picture="\A3\Weapons_F_Exp\Machineguns\LMG_03\Data\UI\icon_LMG_03_F_X_CA.paa";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[]=
		{
			"path\to\RED_co.paa",
			"path\to\GREEN_co.paa",
			"path\to\BLUE_co.paa"
		};
	};
};

Default texture paths:

Spoiler

hiddenSelectionsTextures[]=
		{