Armafunboy

Is Arma 3 dying?

1-   Player counts via steam seem to be getting lower and lower everyday.

2 -  Most good server been shutdown

- what happen ?

here

I think

1 - Monetize system ( push server owner to close they server )

2 - Bis don't care if the game bug , because they don't play the game (3 fps took almost a year , jet sink inside uss99 since Malden dlc )

3 - lack of producing good dlc

-apex dlc , was fine but tanoa full of bug and low fps no matter what u do

- jet dlc (ok )

-orange dlc  ( look like been design for people who work at amazon so they can stimulate the new uav to drop package ) I don't see what player can do with this maybe single player

3 - Bis keep adding stuff without fixing other bugs

4 - Bis don't even care about what player want ( revive system [[ no marker on map , cant drag or carry ]] that's so basic and don't really understand why bohemia cant add those

5 - Very very SAD to see arma dying like that , SAD VER SAD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armafunboy said:

...cant drag or carry 

Tanoa has been killing my system since the x64 exe (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125676).  And I have been lamenting the lack of drag and carry lately.  Haven't tried Orange yet, but I do praise BI for releasing some SP content after Apex Protocol debacle. 

I wouldn't really say it's dieing to be honest, The community is still pushing out great mods and scenarios and the forums are pretty active in terms of Arma 3 itself (discussions quite prominent)

To say that Bohemia doesn't care about there game is totally wrong, And laws of war is made for "amazon" lads? That dlc is made to appeal to the humanitarian aspect. Bohemia is constantly working around the clock to fix bugs. 

Welcome to the forums by the way!

• Like 7

It will never die. Most of us that were here from the start are still here loving the platform and enjoying our own styles of single player action. Are the "veteran crowd" enough to keep BI wallets stuffed? No. 

There's been a huge increase in newcomers for A3. More so than any previous title, and younger too. I think alot of console players end up wanting more, a more personal experience so to say. But then they get here, and learn fairly quickly arma is a complicated, beautiful mess. Alot of frustration, especially with newer players, comes from the fact that arma is a wip, an evolving game that (for good or bad) always changes. This change can affect gameplay experience. Arma veterans will always share one common trait, patience.

• Like 15

I've been on this good thing for 16/17 years now, or however long it's been. The only time for me personally that one version "dies" is when i have enough money to build a pc to run the next version. I've done most of what has been on offer (campaigns, Warfare, Insurgency, Domination, I&A, KOTH, some of the "survival" types, etc, etc, etc.......) but playing semi-tactically is where i have my most fun, and i always come back to making and playing coops with mates. 

I'm here for the long haul. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Armafunboy said:

- what happen ?

Because I want to value and understand your thoughts @Armafunboy what period of time are you judging the fall of Arma over?

Maybe this isn't your first forum account, but this being your first post either indicates being fairly new to the forums and game, or having to start with a new forum account. Assuming your totally new, don't you think you should interact with the community before signing its death warrant?

Activities around the forums and even online slow during the summer months with people, heaven forbid, having lives and family ;) While the mod's have slowed somewhat, this game still boasts a roster of not only incredible mod's but rather large ones that are maintained and updated regularly. I think a lot of players overlook that facet of the Arma series. Much of the modding can be found within CUP, RHS and ACE.

As for BI not caring, for the hundredth time, in response to how many times this pity violin of ' whoa is me the player' has been played, please show an example of an established title by another gaming company that gets as many updates as Arma does, the amount of interaction with the community by its developer as this series does. Let's do some Apples to apples comparisons.

As @warlord554 and @beno_83au stated, this title will never die. Long term players are here for what the game offers and not necessarily to be the best LEET players on the block. It's more camaraderie than competition, unusual for online gaming.

Finally, Arma is truly a title where you only get as much out as you put in. Effort seems to equal fun.

I joined the series at the Arma 2 Operation Arowhead stage and feel the game has never been easier to use, easier to run and as accessible as it is now. If you think Arma 3 has bugs, you would've hated Arma 2, and this comes down to BIs ongoing effort and an incredibly strong community.

• Like 7

Long live Arma 3!

... and the project chief is so beautifull. I would feel like a lady near hin.

15 hours ago, Armafunboy said:

1-   Player counts via steam seem to be getting lower and lower everyday.

2 -  Most good server been shutdown

1 - Monetize system ( push server owner to close they server )

2 - Bis don't care if the game bug , because they don't play the game (3 fps took almost a year , jet sink inside uss99 since Malden dlc )

3 - lack of producing good dlc

- jet dlc (ok )

-orange dlc  ( look like been design for people who work at amazon so they can stimulate the new uav to drop package ) I don't see what player can do with this maybe single player

4 - Bis don't even care about what player want ( revive system [[ no marker on map , cant drag or carry ]] that's so basic and don't really understand why bohemia cant add those

1- Natural for a lot of games

1- Not BI's fault for the most part

1- If server owners acted responsibly they wouldn't get a DMCA

2- Yes they do

3- Not FPS issues for a lot of people. In fact the 64 bit update helped a lot of those that had FPS problems. So to say BI doesn't care is misguided

- Orange DLC. You clearly haven't seen how creative some Zeus' can be for missions in MP. There's a lot to do with the new content in MP

4- Not true

5-Not true

6-These discussions happen every year since Arma 1 yet here we are. 4 years into Arma 3 and going strong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, slatts said:

6-These discussions happen every year since Arma 1 yet here we are. 4 years into Arma 3 and going strong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is really the only needed response ;)

• Like 2

I've been with the series and a forum member before OFP Demo was released 2001.  I've seen the ups and downs of community participation and gameplay involvement.  It never ceases to amaze me that in the end, how many lifers there are who really appreciate what BIS has done with the platform since the title was released. It will always be that way.  Loyal community members will always be associated with this title and the death of the platform will always be exaggerated but will never happen.   I am a lifer and will never give up on this or any future title or platform.

This is my personal opinion but  I believe that BIS will continue releasing content through the first half of 2018 and then will perhaps spend the next 2-3 or maybe more years developing a new engine for the series to continue maybe under a new title. Again, my personal opinion.

Scott Out!

• Like 3

Arma 3 right now is a very old game; the time window for a game to achive max sales is a month and after a year the game is fullil get all his sales, with more than 3 years? in the market this game is very, very old.

But the good point is there's no other game like Arma 3 in the market right now and to me is obvious that this game is losing the amount of casual players and leave more and more hardcore players.

In the Arma series time frame there's ever a hardcore player base that never loose the same amount of players.

We cannot speak about dying - like other fps - we must speak about playerbase conversion.

12 minutes ago, djotacon said:

Arma 3 right now is a very old game; the time window for a game to achive max sales is a month and after a year the game is fullil get all his sales, with more than 3 years? in the market this game is very, very old.

But the good point is there's no other game like Arma 3 in the market right now and to me is obvious that this game is losing the amount of casual players and leave more and more hardcore players.

In the Arma series time frame there's ever a hardcore player base that never loose the same amount of players.

We cannot speak about dying - like other fps - we must speak about playerbase conversion.

arma achieved peak player ingame in April 2016

It's problem from my point of view is that it is primarily a multiplayer game and should make that clear to any potential buyer. DLC is all well and good but if you are only an offline player then you get short changed with the game because so much of basic AI is rubbish.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

arma achieved peak player ingame in April 2016

Doom 2016 loss 90% of his playerbase in 3 months after game release - BF1 release I think -

CS:GO banned 40.000 cheated accounts last month period.

What's the point related with a peak player 2 years after the game release with my previous post?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ayjay said:

It's problem from my point of view is that it is primarily a multiplayer game and should make that clear to any potential buyer. DLC is all well and good but if you are only an offline player then you get short changed with the game because so much of basic AI is rubbish.

I agree with the fact we don't have much of a single player content, I mean taking a look at Steam workshop pretty much 90% are all CO-OP or multiplayer, Apex protocol was pretty much a CO-OP campaign. But thankfully laws of war has a campaign so I guess its even :P AI is sometimes rubbish but there are also times where its quite smart. 

I remember when I was scouting in east wind I took shelter in a building after I spot a small patrol team. They lobbed grenades at the building and killed me. Quite rare for that to happen. I personally came into arma 3 for altis life, Few days I popped up the campaign and discovered what Arma truly was. Now I have 1855 hours and counting all in singleplayer missions and editors.

4 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Finally, Arma is truly a title where you only get as much out as you put put in. Effort seems to equal fun.

Cant stress this enough! It is literally the only game where if your talented enough, Can create virtually anything. Arma would never die. 

I reckon once I hit graduation in a few long years and go to college Arma would be thriving more than ever :D

• Like 2

Whilst there are servers to play on and dev support, Arma is far from dying :)

• Like 1

*sweeping piano*

"Art thou dything oh fair Arma!?"

syppfYu.jpg

The drama is strong with this one..

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

The drama is strong with this one..

What drama? the Op has only 1 thread with 1 post in this forum.

Flamebaiting is strong with you too.

Now had I just joined a new game and my first post on their forum was "Is this game dying?" -id be equally as guilty of drama. Yes thats a dramatic thing to do considering the staggering amount of content on this forums which clearly indicates its alive and well.

If calling someone overly dramatic with a jokesy image offends you...well i just cant help ya

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Now had I just joined a new game and my first post on their forum was "Is this game dying?" -id be equally as guilty of drama. Yes thats a dramatic thing to do considering the staggering amount of content on this forums which clearly indicates its alive and well.

If calling someone overly dramatic with a jokesy image offends you...well i just cant help ya

I give you the point of the overactuaed preview of a future drama but I prefer wait to the episode 2 of " LA MUERTE DE ARMA 3" season one... XD

• Like 1

If only the platform could get CS:GO numbers on Steam Charts

I think as the platform evolves the player participation will continue to increase.  Especially if a new engine is developed that will include fully destructible environments and true VR support to name a few.

I've often wondered what the shelf life of ArmA will be. When one considers that the series really started in 2001, it's amazing to see that it's still going. Does it feel as strong as it was back at the high point of ArmA iI? To me, no, but I don't feel Like it's fading fast, either.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Armafunboy said:

Before i close this thread, i will say this game is not dying not sure where you are getting your facts from but they are false. I have been playing BIS games since the OFP Demo back in 2001 and the games are going from strength to strength.

• Like 13