Ezcoo

[MP][RPG] Revolution

7CbBNIu.png

Revolution is a next generation open source multiplayer roleplaying gamemode (RPG) and framework.

Much like Tonic's Altis Life conquered the Armaverse back in 2013, we aim to revolutionize the roleplaying experience in Arma 3. Your experience in Revolution will greatly differ from the Life gamemodes.

The framework will be fully open source after first full version (v1.0) release, and we'll publish both a fully functional gamemode that works out of the box and a framework that you can utilize to create your own story for your community. You can do whatever you want with the framework, as long as you follow the license (to be chosen in near future) and Arma Server Monetization Rules (listed here: https://www.bistudio.com/monetization).

The framework has a modular architechture that makes it a pleasure to edit and create missions and mods based on it. It's a kind of engine that runs the actual modules that contain the functionality of the gamemode. You can attach, detach, create new or edit existing modules to easily customize your experience.

When it comes to gameplay, we won't reveal the details yet. We want to surprise you positively!

Do you want to join the revolution of roleplaying in Arma? We have a pretty nice (and fun!) team already, but to speed things up, we're currently looking for (the list will be updated regularly):

- scripters familiar with multiplayer environments and MP framework of Arma (familiar with concepts like keeping clients in sync, security and command locality and object ownership principles in MP environment)

- UI developers able to make UIs in Arma

- trailer video director to make an appealing trailer video for the community to enjoy

Interested? Make sure to join our Discord server to follow the development and to get in contact with us developers! https://discord.gg/6RAdAPc

aeHtSZx.png

What will the night bring?

• Like 1

Checklist:

• "We" used various times in the post without introducing who "we" are
  • Claims to improve/enhance/revolutionize Altis Life Gameplay
  • No revealing of already existing stuff
  • No webpage/forum
  • Looking for people to basically fill every role needed to make something like this
  • Screenshot of police unit at beach staring at the sun

9/10. You forgot to flame already existing altis life servers and offer money for people willing to help.

:yay:

Spoiler

Don't take me too serious.

Good luck!

Cheers

5 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Checklist:

• "We" used various times in the post without introducing who "we" are
  • Claims to improve/enhance/revolutionize Altis Life Gameplay
  • No revealing of already existing stuff
  • No webpage/forum
  • Looking for people to basically fill every role needed to make something like this
  • Screenshot of police unit at beach staring at the sun

9/10. You forgot to flame already existing altis life servers and offer money for people willing to help.

:yay:

Reveal hidden contents

Don't take me too serious.

Good luck!

Cheers

I'm sorry that you didn't like the post. I'm not sure if it's again the general hatred towards the RPG community... I'll try to answer the points the best way I can:

• "We" refers to the developer team. I thought it's self explanatory, but I guess it's not then.
  • We don't want to revolutionize Altis Life gameplay. We want to revolutionize roleplaying in Arma. Altis Life can and will stay so that people that who enjoy its style more can play it, we're just offering different experience. As you might have noticed, it was partly playing with words (yeah, I tried to be smart here).
  • Not revealing already existing stuff was a conscious choice. We want to keep the surprise effect till the release.
  • Discord is our "forums" for now. Webpage and forums will be added later. It's done when it's done.
  • We do have a nice team already, four active skilled scripters and some less active ones, two UI developers and a game designer (me). Something we really do lack is the trailer video director. (You can check it by joining our Discord).
  • I honestly don't see what's problem with this.

I have no idea why should I flame existing Altis Life servers. Many of them are good at what they do, we're just offering an option to choose from with our gamemode.

I just don't like the attitude of the "elites" of Arma community towards the RPG community. I do know that amazing amount of crap has happened within RPG community, but it doesn't mean you should treat everyone like that without knowing the details. It doesn't generally help to fix the state of already toxic community. If you treat everyone like idiots, you'll get idiots. Judging someone for their actions is cool, prejudices are not.