JohnKalo

[SP/COOP-(1-8)] Samaris Scrutinization

Samaris Scrutinization

Brought to you by John Kalo and zigTtzag(zTt)

pic1.jpg

A hard drive containing top secret intel has been stolen! Now it is up to you to retrieve it.

1.] Hypothesis: Last night our HQ was breached! Enemy agents managed to get into our facilities and obtain a hard drive which contains info about our own agents' secret hideouts. A disaster but not just yet. To gain immediate access to the drive you need a code. A code that only a few of our high ranked officers possess. The enemy hasn't got that code. Are we ok then? Nope, if the drive remains in their hands they will be able to hack the drive at some point! So our mission? Retrieve the hard drive by any means nescessary! You see, one of the PMCs we hired, the Panthers, spotted the truck transferring the enemy agents heading towards an unmapped town called Samaris. We have to get into that town, retrieve the hard drive and return it to the aforementioned high ranked officers responsible for the drive.

2.] Important details:

a)For the purpose of enhancing the mission we have spent many hours constructing a NEW CITY in Kunduz.

b)This mission has low replayability. Once and if you manage to complete the mission successfully you might never play it again.

c)To open/close a door you will have to press the ALT key. Normal controls no longer work at the Kunduz map.

d)You should NOT DISABLE AI units that are in your SQUAD. Those units should exist for your convenience.

e)If you do not have the ASR AI 3 mod, it would be great to install it. It really enhances gameplay and takes Arma 3 to a whole new level.

f)Respawn:Instant

3.]Requirements: 

3.1]Players' skills: Serious combat abilities .

3.2]Technical:

a)Arma 3 Apex

b)Helicopters DLC

c)CBA - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

d)ASR AI3 - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24080

e)Kunduz - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27882

f)Lythium - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32694

g)HAFM - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28905

4.]Bugs:

4.1]Minor: None

4.2]Serious: None

A bug that cannot be reproduced has been reported. If you find any bugs please report them. It is the only way to check if the bug report is a continuous or an isolated event.

5.]Installation: Just copy the pbo to your Arma 3 directory. Place the .pbo file at the mpmissions folder.

6.] Direct Download link: https://dl.orangedox.com/Arma-3-Missions-Pack-2/samaris_scrutinization.kunduz.pbo?dl=1

Your feedback about things we can improve or things that we should keep is really important so you providing it would be great.

If any of you wishes to reconstruct the mission or use part of it please ask permission and mention us in your credits.

Enjoy :sun:

• Like 3

Hi me again.

Tried this mission out & found quite a few bugs, eg the helicopter squads were not getting in the choppers but running across country to the getout wp

Same with the enemy AI & their trucks. They were the 2 main Bugs, also  the area clear trigger not set to opforce not present.

which is a pity as you have put such a lot of hard work into the town.

We really like the mission SO;

I took the liberty of fixing the bugs adding the latest  PSYCHO Revive (to use stableise then first aid)

Also changing vehicles & enemy ai to CUP units. Added a little random so mission can be played over & over.

Changed Tanks to Bradlys which are used in Afghanistan.

Tested to finish & all worked,

Just changed the end trigger to "all playable units still left alive must be in trigger" ( that part still to be tested).

I Could publish as a possible alternative on Steam if you give permission?

credit would be to to
HelicopterEnthusiast and zigTtzag(zTt) RBEdit for LOL

• Like 1

Hello,

Glad to hear from your feedback again. Now the issues and bugs you have encountered are really perplexing and we have never had them before. Most likely it is again a Dedicated Server issue. Not that it makes sense since the AI you mention only has to follow simple waypoints but in Arma 3 editing such surprises are always a possibility. Yet again I will search for an answer in the editing forums.

The area clear waypoint you mention is deliberately not in an OPFOR not present condition on purpose since such a condition can easily not be activated. Even if one OPFOR unit is present, hidden or stuck somewhere it will not be activated.

About the end trigger can you please send me the exact code you used?

About your release, after testing that everything works yep you can publish it on steam as long as you credit us and provide our website link as an additional mission source. I will also add your link to the BI forum post if it is ok with you.

Last but not least can you please add a spoiler text in your comments whenever possible spoilers are in them? It would be really appreciated.

Sorry for all this mess and I really hope your fixes make the mission enjoyable even on a Dedicated Server. As it seems some of our missions are not Dedicated Server compatible.

PS. Yep that town needed like SO many hours in order to be created.

Edit: And we will create a fix for our version too when we can.

Hi,

The first time we tried the mission (obtained from your website) we were puzzled how blue force were already at the second task along with enemy ai fighting it out.

Also the helicopters all arrived empty, no one got out. so I tested it in the editor (so not dedicated server) put my self at the north where the choppers are

and watched the squads run by & head south on foot? The solution to that was to just stick them all in the helicopters, same with the enemy ai & trucks.

We completed the first task, survived the second for 20 mins, no enemy & nothing happened? no extract task came up, had to end the game.

In the edited version I changed to opforce not present with ((EAST countSide thisList) <=3) in the condition. you can change the 3 to whatever you want

found 3 usually enough for the odd wounded, stuck, or hidden. Also reduced the size to just cover their start positions & combat area.

PS 2 of the 3 Bradleys were taken out with RPGs the fighting was quite realistic!!!

Will publish on steam when we've checked the; all alive playable units have to make it back to end trigger. Which is more realistic & harder than just one blue force turning up.

I can post the scripting for that if you don't have it & if it still works :scratchchin:

• Like 1

Now published on steam Mission

Steam deleted link to your website sorry.

You guys come up with some very imaginative missions keep up the good work & thanks.

• Like 1

Hello,

It was logical for you guys to be puzzled since the AI waupoints were messed up. Something which is still strange since following your feedback I tested the mission in the editor again and the AI did not move. They were still in their vehicles. I do not understand why we are using the same mission and seeing different results. Maybe one of the addons you use affect the AI's triggers? Nothing else I can think of at the moment.

Now I will too use more conditions needed for the AI to move although on our end it is not needed. If it happened to you it may happen to other guys as well so a change is needed. Maybe in a few hours we will have a v1.1 release.

Glad to see you guys enjoyed the fight. Realism is something we really try to concentrate on.

A nice job with the release. I will add your steam link once our v1.1 version is released.

Many thanks!

PS.

Spoiler

Spoiler text pls. The choppers and the AIs coming are possible spoilers :f:

EDIT: A v1.1 release will be stalled as long as bugs are not reported by other mission players. That is because a v1.1 release will involve adjusting crucial mission triggers at a time when we cannot test a new mission version.

Might be a Dedicated server issue? The Edited mission works fine for us now on House of Clowns, thanks.

• Like 1

so I tested it in the editor (so not dedicated server) put my self at the north where the choppers are and watched the squads run by & head south on foot?

You had mentioned having the issue in the editor too. Maybe you meant an editor while on the Dedicated Server?

Also I tried explaining the bug through the editing forums but nobody had any ideas about this. The specific waypoints and triggers should work even in a Dedicated Server. I mentioned mods simply because there wasn't any other such bug reports. I mean the other Dedicated Server bugs you guys reported were explained, logical and were fixed but this one could not be explained.

All I can say again is;

The first time we tried the mission (obtained from your website Direct Download link: here) we were puzzled how blue force were already at the second task along with enemy ai fighting it out.

Also the helicopters all arrived empty, no one got out. so I tested it in the editor (so not dedicated server) put my self at the north where the choppers are

and watched the squads run by & head south on foot, they were not in the helicopters just following their way points.

If no one else had the problem it must be our Addons we run quite a few, but like I said was easy to fix, & works fine for us now. don't worry about it.

• Like 1

Really glad you enjoyed the mission in the end! What worried me was the possibility of other guys having such bugs and not reporting them and you having some kind of mod that might affect other missions you play too. Oh and all the links are to the same mission. It does not matter where you download it from. It's chaos updating all those links but I am extra careful and I doublecheck when doing so.

Anyways, hope you try and enjoy other missions of ours too and why not provide more feedback :thumbs-up:

Mission updated and no longer unplayable due to ASR AI3 update!

• Like 1

For anyone that had troubles playing this mission an addon that was needed and was not included in the initial thread was discovered!

In building the NEW CITY of Kunduz assets were used from the Lythium map and therefore from JBAD Buildings too. If you had CUP and such you would already have them logically speaking.

Anyways I included the needed addons in the first thread.

• Like 1