I feel like this should have been asked and answered somewhere already but I haven't found it yet.

I'm working on the Takistan CUP map and have just discovered that the minarets are indestructible.

This is most unfortunate since I've just spent a while working on a script to detonante an IED inside one which I was really hoping would bring the building down.

I was looking into ways of destroying and deleting objects that are already part of the terrain but haven't yet been able to get it to work with CUP buildings.

Is there a way?

this should help https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/hideObject

you can place a gamelogic onto the building in the editor and put something like this into the init line:

(nearestTerrainObjects [this, [], 5, false]) select 0 hideObject true;

where this will get you a list of terrain objects in 5 m radius of the logic

nearestTerrainObjects [this, [], 5, false]

and this select 0 will select the first entry of that list.

normally one would use this to delete and object

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/deleteVehicle

however, terrain objects often times don't work with it.

this will work on the ones with damage simulation https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDamage

if the object doesn't have damage sim you can just use the first approach and place some other ruin model at the position of the original after hiding it.

1 hour ago, lawman_actual said:

I'm working on the Takistan CUP map and have just discovered that the minarets are indestructible.

AFAIK they should be destructible. Do you load any addon that contains its own minarets? Some non CUP terrians contain their own ports of A2 buildings and/or JBAD and thus overwriting the CUP minaret.

Could you check if the minaret is indestructible with only CUP TP loaded? If that is the case, it is definitly a bug and you should consider writing a bug ticket in the CUP bugtracker.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NeoArmageddon said:

AFAIK they should be destructible. Do you load any addon that contains its own minarets? Some non CUP terrians contain their own ports of A2 buildings and/or JBAD and thus overwriting the CUP minaret.

Could you check if the minaret is indestructible with only CUP TP loaded? If that is the case, it is definitly a bug and you should consider writing a bug ticket in the CUP bugtracker.

I hadn't actually considered that.

I have a fair number of add-ons loaded so I'll have to run some tests and report back.

19 hours ago, bad benson said:

(nearestTerrainObjects [this, [], 5, false]) select 0 hideObject true;

where this will get you a list of terrain objects in 5 m radius of the logic

nearestTerrainObjects [this, [], 5, false]

and this select 0 will select the first entry of that list.

I have attempted to use hideObject on the minaret in question with no success yet, using the game logic and nearestTerrainObjects method described above

Update:

- Ran with just the mod containing the Map, issue persisted.

- Building can be destroyed with a hail of 230mm rockets

- Still can't hide or setDamage on the building

- Minaret is being found with nearestTerrainObjects and is returned as the first entry in the array

Here is the returned value for the minaret:

23689920b80# 33559: a_minaret_porto_ep1.p3d