Is there an event handler that deals with a mine being triggered?

I'm hoping to setup a trip-wire that can be disarmed like a mine but that triggers an explosion somewhere else.

I may be able to do it with an on-entry trigger but i'm betting this will make the disarming bit somewhat clumbsy.

thanks!

Ok thanks grumpy.

Managed to make do with a "on-enter" trigger but it's a bit fiddly as the area trigger only seems to work if a certain point on the unit enters it (probably somewhere on the torso)

It doesn't seem to be enough to have a units legs pass through the trigger.

For those interested, you can allow "defusal" of the trigger by adding an "is alive" check to the tripwire. 
I also have an "is alive" check for the explosive located elsewhere:

if ((alive lawTrip01) && (alive lawIED1)) then 
{deleteVehicle lawTrip01; lawIED1 setDamage 1;};

By deleting the tripwire when the trigger is activated, the explosion of the wire itself is negated.

3 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Doesn't look like it, but could be very handy if such an eventhandler would exist.

Oh the possibilities...

Ticket here.

Cheers

I had just in my mind, do some "flare tripwire", instead of exploding. Where if you activate mine, some flare above will occur and guards will come to that place. Good for sneaky night missions.

3 hours ago, lawman_actual said:

Managed to make do with a "on-enter" trigger but it's a bit fiddly as the area trigger only seems to work if a certain point on the unit enters it (probably somewhere on the torso)

It doesn't seem to be enough to have a units legs pass through the trigger.

Maybe adding a distance condition to trigger condition would make it less "fiddly"?   And you might want to adjust the distance to trigger tripwire based on unitPos of unit (i.e., prone would trip wire sooner than crouch or upright if facing trigger).

• Like 1

In the past I have used the 'Killed' event handler to detect a mine being triggered, unfortunately the mine must first detonate which in this case might not be entirely useful

-place your trip-wire , name it (m1), disable simulation for it in editor attributes . So, you have a disabled mine but still detectable.

- place a trigger, BLUFOR present or else, 2m x 0.3m, covering the wire

- in cond. field: this && alive m1

- in on act field : deleteVehicle m1

- link this trigger to a module (or more)  effect flare, located where you want.

I added alive m1 because it's true when m1 is active, false if you deactivate it. This way, trigger is not active if you deactivate it.

That's all.

Note: if you grab the mine (after deactivation) then place it, you have now a normal explosive mine.

EDITED

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

-place your trip-wire , name it (m1), disable simulation for it in editor attributes . So, you have a disabled mine but still detectable.

- place a trigger, BLUFOR present or else, 2m x 0.3m, covering the wire

- in on act field : deleteVehicle m1 && alive m1

- link this trigger to a module (or more)  effect flare, located where you want.

I added alive m1 because it's true when m1 is active, false if you deactivate it. This way, trigger is not active if you deactivate it.

That's all.

Note: if you grab the mine (after deactivation) then place it, you have now a normal explosive mine.

can you disarm this "flare mine" ? There should be possibility to spot mine and disarm it.

2 hours ago, M1ke_SK said:

can you disarm this "flare mine" ? There should be possibility to spot mine and disarm it.

As I wrote, even disabled for simulation, in editor, you can disarm it. The test is easy. I didn't mention simple object, just enable simulation unchecked in attributes special states of the object.

Tested in Arma Vanilla 1.74

On 8/16/2017 at 8:07 AM, lawman_actual said:

I thought doing something similar, but placing the trigger area a foot or so above the ground, that it won't be triggered if the soldier craws to it.