cu3b4ll

Hidden DLC Plans?

So I was checking out the IDAP showcase when I found something interesting. When you walk into the showcase area and go left to the tent that has information about IDAP and UXOs, there's about four stands with "Survivor Stories". At the back right of the tent one of the stories talks about a man who had an encountered UXOs from a civil war in the fictional African Nation of Lombakka. I tried to look up anything on it and there's not even a region in Africa my that name. 

Link to a screenshot i took: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1109824068

• Like 3

Great find!

My guess is that it is just some additional material to add to the substance of the ArmAverse.

You can see that on the main website the CSAT faction is described as having "risen in prominence over the last decade. Investment in shared civil and military technology and the aggressive pursuit of opportunities and partnerships throughout Asia, South America and North Africa has led to a sharp increase in strategic tension across the globe, as traditional spheres of power and influence are encroached upon."

Also, from the Cold War Era portion of the ArmAverse timeline "many other states developed their own, or shared nuclear weapons. ... Outside the two competing powers and NATO, China, India, Pakistan and South Africa started their own programs. Israel, while still denying, is thought to posses bombs starting in 1970's to deter hostile Arab states. More recently, North Korea and Iran made their nuclear ambitions clear. International treaties forbidding testing of nuclear weapons and disallowing their developments were repeatedly made as a result. South Africa also became the first country to renounce nuclear weapon"

Based on the relative location of Lombakka on the continent of Africa, I'm guessing that there is a chance it may serve as the next ground zero for IDAP, seeing as there has often been conflict within the region, and a clear divide between northern and southern African states. 

This would makes sense, and be consistent with the newer and pre 2035 ArmAverse lore, if say there were a cross-cutting storyline between CTRG and IDAP trying to follow up on Solomon Maru, who used to be active in North Africa when he went by the codename "Red Tiger"  

I guess Lombakka is solid. It might be a next expansion's crown jewel.

The image is one of intel from Apex Protocol, as you can see, "Lombakka" is linked with some CSAT plans.

And in the Survivors' Stories, there is a location name, "Kelakam". I search with that name and I found cities in India, and Niger.

I swear they must creating a map based on Niger and Nigeria.

• Like 2

I find you guys amazing, how you look for details, hint, information, etc...

That's great!

• Like 2

On 14/08/2017 at 9:03 AM, POLPOX said:

I swear they must creating a map based on Niger and Nigeria.

It is plausible. An area like " Nigeria".  Could be done With the combination of Tanoa and Altis assets. 

Why they would make another island when Malden was just recently released and wasn't even used for anything

also that story could be about the expansion prototype which was 3 islands - Tanoa , Snow island and African island

1 hour ago, roberthammer said:

Why they would make another island when Malden was just recently released and wasn't even used for anything

also that story could be about the expansion prototype which was 3 islands - Tanoa , Snow island and African island

The 3rd prototype island was actually an Australian outback style island. Also Lombakka is something @Kydoimos came up with and it doesn't actually mean anything.

Back then, when Tanoa was announced, they said they made prototypes (?) of various unique locations / landscapes, and then decided which to keep working on. I wouldn't  be surprised,  if this was one of the other candidates. So technically this means nothing, but still could be a theoretical location for a future game (or yet another unannounced DLC as I would hope).

/edit: ah well, as I see now, this was already mentioned. Browsing on phone is hard. :>

2 hours ago, roberthammer said:

I do see your point. was Malden not used on project Argo?

but the answer to the why would only be seen with the financials of how well arma 3 dlc has been doing.  my guess pretty well.

15 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

Speaking of Malden and Argo, there are graffiti "NEVER FORGET 8.2.2023". This must means something in Armaverse.

16 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

but the answer to the why would only be seen with the financials of how well arma 3 dlc has been doing.  my guess pretty well.

True but i wouldn't count Argo as a A3 

Chidiebere Idowu stepped on a civil
war-era landmine in South Lombakka
when he was seventeen:

"I was caring for our livestock that day and decided to walk
a little farther than I usually would, owing to the cooler
summer weather. I remember hearing an enormous
explosion some distance behind me and immediately
thought the ceasefire with the North had been broken, since
it sounded very similar to the artillery shells that fell near
our old home in Kelakam.

"I did not stop to think a goat had disturbed a landmine. [...]
I took two or maybe three steps then trod on one myself. By
the time help arrived all our the animals were either dead or
maimed - the noise was awful - indescribable.

"[...] I lost the lower part of my left leg. An aid worker from
IDAP later told me that if I had been alone, without the herd
it is possible I would have wandered too far into the
minefield. The few steps I took backwards saved my life; as
it was, it took them many hours to reach me. A minute
longer and I would have lost too much blood."

"The financial impact was severe we were already poor and
our goats were everything. [...] I was lucky. My uncle owned
a shop and found me work in the city. For others, the
situation is not so good. I have heard of many families
going hungry because bread earners cannot continue
working; our shepherds, our livestock, the soil in our fields -
agriculture is vital to the economy, so it is a terrible
problem."

There ware a civil war, North against South. Sounds like Sudan, don't you?