Sign in to follow this  
pierremgi

Code executable inside task description

Hi,

I'm trying to delete a task from its own description. (not mark it as completed or canceled)

so, I can write a code inside the description with execute expression. The problem is there is no parameter passed for this code.

So far, i'm writing:

_tsk = [_mk, _tgt, ["new task for " + format [_tgtText  + toString [60,98,114,47,62] + _mkText + toString [60,98,114,47,62] + "<execute expression=' hint str [""hello"",_tsk,_mk] '>Erase this task</execute>"],_mkTitle,_mk], _mkPos, "AUTOASSIGNED", 1, true, true, _tskType, false] call BIS_fnc_setTask;

The problem is neither the use of this function,nor the local variables working fine out of execute expression context.

The problem is the result of the hint : [hello,any,any]

I'd like to refer at something in regard of the selected task (not assigned but selected as i'm reading its description).

Any idea?

Ah locality thou art one uncompromising bitch.

It seems to me like both your variables are typ String. Try format:

format ["<execute expression=' hint str ["hello","%1" ,"%2" ]'>Erase this task</execute>", _tsk, _mk] 

Edit:

Just realised unless _tsk is defined beforehand that won't work either, just passing the tasks tag should though. 

20 hours ago, pierremgi said:

"<execute expression=' hint str ["hello",_tsk,_mk] '>Erase this task</execute>"

This is not a valid string :face_palm: 

1 hour ago, killzone_kid said:

This is not a valid string :face_palm: 

sorry for that, I simplified it here, missing the double quote.

"<execute expression=' hint str [""hello"",_tsk,_mk] '>Erase this task</execute>"  (corrected above)

The valid string returned ["hello",any,any], not an error, as mentioned above.

@mrcurry a hint format doesn't fix the problem. You're just losing the  any returns for a simple hello hint.

But that doesn't change the problem. What I need is something referring to the opened (selected) task, or its associated marker at least.

I tested this and _this, there is no special variable like this passed to the code.

I tried something with supported tags like these , but that returns errors. I'm not familiar with HTML or else code.

Searching in BI diary functions, not so much documented.

Why not use global variables?

_tsk is local, hence will not exist inside the task descriptions execute command scope.

Is _mk defined earlier in the script? Where does that come from?

Looks like you're overcomplicating things.

Cheers

1 minute ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Why not use global variables?

_tsk is local, hence will not exist inside the task descriptions execute command scope.

Is _mk defined earlier in the script? Where does that come from?

Looks like you're overcomplicating things.

Cheers

Just because, players can create multiple tasks on the map. (working fine). I'd like to allow the players deleting these tasks. With global variables, I deleted the task(s) in creation order, not the task open in map.

I already tried missionNameSpace setvariable ["mk", ...] . That works for the last one.

2 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

why not use BIS_fnc_taskSetDescription after you set task and know your task id?

I tried also. The problem remains the code. As GOM said, a global variable could be the solution, but not discriminative on my tasks/markers so far.

Here is the full script. Just add it in a trigger with true condition, or console:

Spoiler

_MGI_taskOnMarker = addMissionEventHandler ["map",{
  if (_this select 0) then {
    [] spawn {
      _mks = allMapMarkers;
      private ["_tgt","_tgtText","_mk"];
      while {visibleMap && hasInterface} do {
        waitUntil {!(_mks isEqualTo allMapMarkers)};
        if (count allMapMarkers > 0) then {
          private _mk = allMapMarkers select (count allMapMarkers - 1);
          _mkType = markerType _mk;
          if (_mkType in ["hd_objective","hd_ambush","hd_destroy","hd_pickup","hd_join"]) then {
            _mkText = markerText _mk;
            _mkPos = getMarkerPos _mk;

_tskType = switch (_mkType) do {
              case "hd_objective": {"target"};
              case "hd_ambush": {"attack"};
              case "hd_destroy": {"destroy"};
              case "hd_pickup": {"interact"};
              case "hd_join": {"meet"};
            };
            _mkTitle = switch (_mkType) do {
              case "hd_objective": {"new objective"};
              case "hd_ambush": {"ambush here"};
              case "hd_destroy": {"destroy"};
              case "hd_pickup": {"pick up"};
              case "hd_join": {"join"}
            };
            _channel = _mk select [count _mk - 1];
            call {
              if (_channel == "0") exitWith {_tgt = true; _tgtText = "all!"};
              if (_channel == "1") exitWith {_tgt = side player; _tgtText = "our camp!"};
              if (_channel == "2") exitWith {_tgt = allPlayers select {side _x == side player && _x == leader _x}; _tgtText = "our camp!"};
              if (_channel == "3") exitWith {_tgt = Group player; _tgtText = "our group!"};
              if (_channel == "4") exitWith {_tgt = crew vehicle player; _tgtText = "our crew!"};
              _tgt = player; _tgt = "ourselves!"
            };

_tsk = [str(_veh), _tgt, ["new task for " + format [_tgtText  + toString [60,98,114,47,62] + _mkText + toString [60,98,114,47,62] + "<execute expression='hint str [""hello"",_tsk,_mk] '>Cancel task</execute>"],_mkTitle,_mk], _mkPos, "AUTOASSIGNED", 1, true, true, _tskType, false] call BIS_fnc_setTask;

_mk setMarkerShape "ellipse";
            _mk setMarkerBrush "Border";
            _mk setMarkerSize [100,100];
            _mk setMarkerAlpha 0.7;
            _mk setMarkerColor "colorRed";
            [_tsk,_mk,_veh] spawn {
              params ["_tsk","_mk","_veh"];
              waitUntil {sleep 0.5; !(_mk in allMapMarkers)};
              [_mk] call BIS_fnc_deleteTask;
            };
          };
        };
        _mks = allMapMarkers;
      };
    };
  };
}];

Place some "objective" markers to make it work.

4 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

As GOM said, a global variable could be the solution, but not discriminative on my tasks/markers so far.

This is not what GOM said. You can make the variable global or even cosmic if you want, but it will still be undefined because task reference returned AFTER the task is created not before or during.

28 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

This is not what GOM said. You can make the variable global or even cosmic if you want, but it will still be undefined because task reference returned AFTER the task is created not before or during.

Not exactly, sorry, I give you the full code. At least my variable _mk or missionNameSpace setVariable ["mk",...] were defined in several tests I made.

It's not an undefined variable question at the moment I'm using the variable. I tested your solution also.

And, don't worry, I know your skill and your personality, but regardless of this fact, you can place an undefined global variable in the code expression, this variable has just to be defined when you are running this code. Just test:

add a line:

blabla = "Cosmic variable"; // after the bis_fnc_setTask

refer to blabla inside the code:

"<execute expression='hint str [blabla] '>Cancel task</execute>"

No error and working fine. (tested) This code is a string code after all, probably like  compile code.

In other words, I'm still looking for command/function/script able to return the selected task.

I can script something with currentTask but it's not the objective. I want the selected task (changing icon color and displaying the description).

I tried something with  ctrl 1001 1002 1003 IDCs , as task control tree,  but I don't know how to pick the selected task with the index of idc 1002.

found:

"<execute expression=' deleteMarker ((player call bis_fnc_tasksUnit) select (lbCurSel (findDisplay 12 displayCtrl 1002)))'>Erase task</execute>"

working only in the context of the given script above.

You supply the ID in the first argument when you create the task (call _setTask)—so you already know it, just have to embed it in the string.

3 hours ago, Muzzleflash said:

You supply the ID in the first argument when you create the task (call _setTask)—so you already know it, just have to embed it in the string.

Some working example?

Here is an example:

My_DeleteTask = {
    params ["_taskId"];
    [_taskId] call BIS_fnc_deleteTask;  
};

private _id = "TID_DestroyIslandBase";
private _desc = format ["You must destroy the enemy base on this island. Or, if you are lazy, you can choose not to do it by clicking <execute expression='[""%1""] call My_DeleteTask'>here</execute>.", _id];
private _title = "Destroy Base";
[_id, true, [_desc, _title], (getPos player) getPos [1000, random 360], "ASSIGNED", 5, true, true] call BIS_fnc_setTask; 

Yes but that doesn't work  for my purpose: deleting the selected task among some others. Thanks any way. I posted my solution, probably not the best one, but not so bad.

Must admit don't really see why it would not work for your situation. Your solution seems overly complicated with the GUI hack, whereas mine would just have you embed the id. For example:

+ (format ["<execute expression='[""%1"", 0] call fn_tsk'>Delete task</execute>", _mk])

But if your works fine, then all is well that ends well.

Not sure but it looks like if I make an a marker with the text, say "Amber Fall" or something, but makes it in group channel, fn_tsk, may get confused, because the description you search in with 'find' has both _tgtText and _mkText.

49 minutes ago, Muzzleflash said:

Not sure but it looks like if I make an a marker with the text, say "Amber Fall" or something, but makes it in group channel, fn_tsk, may get confused, because the description you search in with 'find' has both _tgtText and _mkText.

Yep, I understand what you mean. My final text description for the task is made with both initial marker text (_mkText) and an added text reminding the channel (task for your group!, task for our camp!..)

So, indeed, if someone writes , say "defend our camp!" within marker text and decide to broadcast the marker/task on the group only, as far as the string "camp!" will be find in the description, the task will apply to the whole side if Go go go link is clicked. No impact for deletion of the task.

Bah, It seems to me a little bit difficult to avoid that. I can change the string for something less usual...

Thanks for this fine remark.