Cdnmntman

Looking for a mission editer or help

Hey all,

We are looking for some help converting and setting up some new load outs on Tanoa Escape & Malden Escape with Ace 3 installed we have the ace installed and is working great, But we are having major issue with the editing of the load out of the team as we want to make changes to the default load out, weapons and gear mainly as we are wanting to run advanced medical and ballistics. We had it installed and had it working in our first attempt but after a respawn the load out resets to default as well their are no epi pens available for loot from crates or from dead bodies. anyone able to help or has some advice as to how to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated as we just want something for the community to enjoy that adds a new dynamic to the game to share on our Dedicated server. 

Have you tried contacting the mission author and asking for his help/permission to edit his mission?

20) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable....

• Like 2

So tell me what is the difference between altering a altis or stratis map by adding ace components? the maps that come with the game as well as the missions we are looking to add ace too are also part of the game and are part of the open source that bohemia has released. we have seen the same maps edited poorly released on steam over the past Cpl months if it was another modders work we would certainly ask but as we are not editing anything outside of the load outs so the ace items stay in the inventory as part of the load out. no where has bohemia said a person cant mod their maps and as far as I know their is no lock or restriction on editing as everything we have done has been done with the Eden editing tool 

23 minutes ago, Cdnmntman said:

So tell me what is the difference between altering a altis or stratis map by adding ace components?

There isn't all missions user the same sort of concepts, mission file etc.

the maps that come with the game as well as the missions we are looking to add ace too are also part of the game and are part of the open source that bohemia has released. we have seen the same maps edited poorly released on steam over the past Cpl months if it was another modders work we would certainly ask but as we are not editing anything outside of the load outs so the ace items stay in the inventory as part of the load out. no where has bohemia said a person cant mod their maps and as far as I know their is no lock or restriction on editing as everything we have done has been done with the Eden editing tool 

BIS doesn't restrict editing of their maps, but as you didn't say what maps you were editing we had to assume you were trying to edit a mission by a community member.

Honestly I thought I was very clear in saying Tanoa and Malden escape maps and stated exactly what we were trying to accomplish! ( re read my post!) as their is no epi pen drops or loot containers that contain them as well playing with advanced ballistics it would be nice to have the AgtraxMX , kestrel and vector21 in the inventory we are aware their are maps BI have editing restricted on as ebp's  not pbo's all we want is a new dynamic and challenge on maps we already enjoy.  share with others but seems it is hard to get any form of a answer on these forums with out being harassed or judged! came here looking for a little help and maybe some direction some community this is 

27 minutes ago, Cdnmntman said:

Honestly I thought I was very clear in saying Tanoa and Malden escape maps and stated exactly what we were trying to accomplish! ( re read my post!)

Sorry to me it wasn't very clear, i didn't realise that the Escape Maps were made by BIS, as i primarily only play PvP.

as their is no epi pen drops or loot containers that contain them as well playing with advanced ballistics it would be nice to have the AgtraxMX , kestrel and vector21 in the inventory we are aware their are maps BI have editing restricted on as ebp's  not pbo's all we want is a new dynamic and challenge on maps we already enjoy.  share with others but seems it is hard to get any form of a answer on these forums with out being harassed or judged! came here looking for a little help and maybe some direction some community this is 

If you wish to have ACE enabled content is a BIS map which is inside an ebo, then i am afraid you will have to perhaps look for a community made map that is similar. Have you tried the mission section of this forum? As content in ebos are locked for a reason. 

I am unsure how you think that anyone was judging you or harassing, part of a forum moderators role is to ask the appropriate questions.

Any confusion lies in the fact the most commonly known Escape mission is made by NeoArmageddon. My post still stands though. If the BI made one is EBO'd, you cannot edit it. Therefore, the only one you could edit, would be a community made one. Which in turn, requires permission. 

As for "harassment/judgement", that's something of your own creation. The first and best option is to always ask the creator. 

21 hours ago, FallujahMedic -FM- said:

Any confusion lies in the fact the most commonly known Escape mission is made by NeoArmageddon. 

Exactly that is the reason I strictly name my mission "co10 Escape" while the BI mission is most commonly refered to as "Escape From Blahblah".

For an ACE version of co10 Escape (the non BI version, that is in fact much older and more elaborate than the BI one), you ma yhave a look at the fork of zix99 at bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/zix99/co10-escape
He added a lot of ACE compatibility.