Jump to content
lexx

ArmA 3: Callsign Minotaur

Recommended Posts

The italian translation is still missing at least 3 missions, though. Can't say how long it will take till it is fully done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is wonderful work. The voice acting is superb. BIS, take notes.

If any of you have not yet tried Lexx's other missions, give them a go too, they are awesome, I've been always a fan :)

Thanks Lexx!!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Lexx, I'm really digging this.  Very professional job.  It really shows off alot of what ARMA has to offer.   Combined arms is usually hard for me, but  you've made it cleaner with your scripting of the viper ground team, etc.  Excellent!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why there is only so few feedback for your campaign so far !

You have done excellent work and it was great fun to play through and like the most things you like very much, it ends too fast of course;-)

May i ask where you found the guys for the iranian voice overs, were they paid? I thought i heard voice overs from the official campaign also, or am i wrong?

If you decide to develope something new, best luck with it, il definitly keep an eye on your entrys!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mrsandbox said:

I wonder why there is only so few feedback for your campaign so far !

 

Singleplayer-only content usually gets very little attention around here. I guess it's because folks interested in singleplayer-only content are rarely checking by. It's the multiplayer crowd that comes back all the time. But no idea.

 

From my experience, it's near impossible to find (good) persian voice actors on the western "free" market, which is why I've decided to get in touch with an agency for that part. So yeah, I've paid for it and let's say it wasn't just a few bucks (though, not as much as I've expected, to be honest). The voice actors weren't involved in the official campaign, but I've tried to match the main character as close as possible due to the existing radio protocol.

 

If I had known before release that the campaign will get a 98% positive rating (Steam Workshop right now with about 200 votes.. which I find to be quite a lot. People usually don't vote on the workshop), with barely anyone saying something bad about it, then I probably would have tried to contact BI first, to see if something more could have been done with it. :turn:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lexx said:

 

Singleplayer-only content usually gets very little attention around here. I guess it's because folks interested in singleplayer-only content are rarely checking by. It's the multiplayer crowd that comes back all the time. But no idea.

 

From my experience, it's near impossible to find (good) persian voice actors on the western "free" market, which is why I've decided to get in touch with an agency for that part. So yeah, I've paid for it and let's say it wasn't just a few bucks (though, not as much as I've expected, to be honest). The voice actors weren't involved in the official campaign, but I've tried to match the main character as close as possible due to the existing radio protocol.

 

If I had known before release that the campaign will get a 98% positive rating (Steam Workshop right now with about 200 votes.. which I find to be quite a lot. People usually don't vote on the workshop), with barely anyone saying something bad about it, then I probably would have tried to contact BI first, to see if something more could have been done with it. :turn:

I agree on the single player part, playing a really well made campaign like yours can be a unforgettable experience. I never got any adrenaline in MP because I would usually get third person'ed by some lad and he would off me :P

 

in your campaign though. It got me hooked and relieved at the very end. Like I did accomplish something strolling around the hill when 30 minutes later I was fighting for a APC as mine got disabled. Grabbing that RPG and dropping the tank was so relieving! A CSAT campaign very rarely gets attention and so far the only campaign using CSAT and a strong storyline is yours :D you deserve all the votes mate! The fact you also payed money to ensure our entertainment is cool and I respect you highly for it :) 

 

On the voice acting part, Bohemia strangely favours farsi instead of an alternative (Arabic) The Russian protocol is straight up badass though. Finding speakers of Farsi who loves Arma as much as we do is a bit tricky considering he would be shooting his own country the majority of times :P 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fantastic single player campaign, great work! Truly felt like it could have been produced by BI themselves. I've also played your other single player scenarios which are excellent as well. 

 

Finding decent single player content on the workshop can be difficult. If anyone here has any other recommendations for single player scenarios/campaigns (whether they be infantry, vehicle, or aircraft focused), it would be much appreciated.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

 

Personally, I like to play some of wiki's missions every once in a while, mainly the more simple ones. Just go somewhere and do something.. Also the missions made by Sartillies are all fantastic, including well done voice over. Then there are the obvious ones such as Resist, Deliverance, etc. which I guess everyone knows already anyway.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a problem with the "High Peak" mission.

First time it was OK, but I failed it. And now whenever i start it, after between 5 to 30 seconds Arma 3 freezes and I have to kill it from the task manager.

 

I have no issues in anything else (other missions), it's not computer related, just something to do with this particular mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, something in the latest A3 update is causing this. I've tried to find the issue, but wasn't able to nail it down yet. I'm afraid it's something I can't fix at all and will have to wait for for a word from BI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed that the crash bug in mission 04 seems to be gone now on the dev-branch. That's why I've spend the day looking for the other bugs, and fixing them. It was quite some work, as I had to rebuild a few parts related to the armored vehicle driving. Now that it's done, I feel like it's better looking than before, though.

 

The crash will likely remain in stable-branch. Nothing I can do about it, as far as I am aware, so if someone's suffering from it, there's nothing we can do except waiting for the next stable patch.

 

Also I took the time to enhance the environment a little bit in a couple places. Adding new scenery, as well as incorporating the new civilian modules where it made sense. Let's hope I didn't broke anything else with this...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, lexx said:

I've noticed that the crash bug in mission 04 seems to be gone now on the dev-branch. That's why I've spend the day looking for the other bugs, and fixing them. It was quite some work, as I had to rebuild a few parts related to the armored vehicle driving. Now that it's done, I feel like it's better looking than before, though.

 

The crash will likely remain in stable-branch. Nothing I can do about it, as far as I am aware, so if someone's suffering from it, there's nothing we can do except waiting for the next stable patch.

 

Also I took the time to enhance the environment a little bit in a couple places. Adding new scenery, as well as incorporating the new civilian modules where it made sense. Let's hope I didn't broke anything else with this...

 

Great! Looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, I saw that too.

Congrats mate!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi - Yes it is thanks to the sitrep I wanted to give a try - I finished it in one day, very addicting. I only play single player, to time to commit to MP. I recommend it to hose that like the Tac Ops DLC.

 

A very professionnal finish, immersive story telling is great, and moreover, the use of the map is very clever. You can see a scenario is a success whan you gat the impression the map was design for it.

 

Thanks for this !

 

Only one bug in the mission where you ned to kill the armored vehicles - it seems not to end yet I destroyed all of them

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as a heads-up:

I've decided to pre-release a mission which I was working on in preparation of the tanks DLC. It's a just-for-fun kinda thing and rather simple / not meant to be something huge or special, so please don't expect the world.

As Tanks DLC has not been released yet, it requires the A3 dev-branch build. Owning the Tanks DLC is necessary as well, of course.

 

0DJpXqB.png

 

 In "Last Ditch" the player returns as Omid Nazari and gets to lead the new T-140K Angara into battle, hours before NATO forces successfully occupy the Altis International Airport

 

Link:
Steam Workshop

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna play that ASAP!

We really lack good quality user-made missions - but yours are great!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got around to playing this and am kicking myself for waiting. Fantastic stuff, apart from the occasional spelling and grammar mistakes (For ex. in the outro text to M5, it talks about the FIA being "severaly weakened" instead of "severely weakened"), it could easily pass for a BIS-own campaign. Crying shame that circumstances prevented you from getting it in to MANW.

 

You *may* want to give it a pass when Tanks officially releases though, I think the refinements to both damage models and armoured unit behaviour may be having unintended consequences here and there. (Getting the armoured units under my command to do.. anything whilst on Devbranch was often a trial)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys! Hope my next project will be just as well received. Pressure is high now. :>

 

I do indeed plan to go over the campaign again once tanks DLC is out, but don't expect any huge changes. Especially in the ai-territory there isn't all that much I can do, and most of the non-player vehicle scenes have been replaced with purely scripted solutions already, after they suddenly broke and didn't worked anymore at all (tracked vehicles following waypoints) a couple months ago.

 

Stuff like typos, etc. is always quite tricky for me, as I'm not a native english speaker and this project has *a lot* text, even if it doesn't look like that. If you find some in the campaign, don't mind dropping me a line or two and I'll fix them with the next patch.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure thing, I might give it a run through again at some point and see if I can't spot any more for you. I know I noticed a few during persian dialogue but I felt that kinda added to the charm of it.

 

Colour me intrigued regarding your new project, too, look forward to it based on Minotaur and Last Ditch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What exactly does "much problems" mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI Lexx,

I was really exicted to jump in to your campaign as I'm currently renewing my experience with Arma 3. Sadly I encountered some game-braking bugs relating(I think) to vehicle mount scripts. In first missing Viper team stumbles around in circles and in 2nd missing I myself can't mount it(I guess becasuse my team member wouldn't but he just sits on barrel not moving at all). Sometimes game would just break, not allowing me to close it from taskmgr, at brefing map in mission 2

Can I somehow workaround these things?

Cheers mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you play with any mods enabled? As it happens, I just played through the campaign again last sunday and everything worked fine (well, except for a few tiny things that annoyed me, which I then fixed in a new patch).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×