Ishnhelm908

Hosting games

So I'm trying to host a game. The problem I'm having is my girlfriend cannot join the game. She's on the same internet as me. We've tried port forwarding, as well as using the command line to change what port we are on. I'm looking for a tutorial on how to host a game or dedicated server on the same internet where we can still join. I've tried TADST as well.

Server hosting needs to setup port range forwarding, ports start: 2302 end: 2303.

Protocol is UDP.

Server hosting needs to set up their computer for a static IP.  Ex 192.168.1.112 (depends on router brand, Google it).

Put that IP in the routers device IP. Set enabled to true in the router page.

Random example from the internet. Setting up static IP.

vista_static_ip_07.jpg

I prefer Google's DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 + 8.8.4.4

Set up under IPv4

• Like 1

major-stiffy probably works in some cases but not 100%. Far less!

It's a far broader problem. A weird strong remaining one!

Not only for Arma, but recently for games like Ghost Recon Wildlands (GRW). "Strict" or "moderate" NAT problem for those who discovered these cases with last version, instead of the formerly "open" (without any change).

You can browse tons of sites with different ports soluitions (some of them are even  for consoles, others for PC, windows....).

You can open all mentioned TCP and UDP ports for your STEAM/ARMA/PC configuration, configure your firewall, enable apps for private/public nets, activate UpnP, or edit game rules for static IP.... There is sometimes just nothing to do. That will not work.

NAT 1, 2, 3 questions? who knows? Some people speak about providers authorizations, over all you can do on your PC/ modem box at home.

Just one more consideration: You can TS3 or skype without difficulties but hosting a game server remains a f...king pain in the ass with no reliable process, over years. Not exactly a BI affair. Steam, Uplay, providers... are just lying when they let you think everyone can play via internet.

Never had a problem doing as I do when ports are required to be opened for some games. Maybe it's an ISP thing?

If you by "on the same Internet" mean on the same LAN (Local Area Network), e.g. in your home on same Wi-Fi, it's a router-specific problem.  If your computers are connected by UTP cable, it's another specific case. You need to be more concrete on what type of connection are you using.

17 hours ago, major-stiffy said:

Never had a problem doing as I do when ports are required to be opened for some games. Maybe it's an ISP thing?

Never had a problem creating a DMZ but it's absolutely not a good solution.