mtI9p2n.png

Hey there guys! After a fairly lengthy hiatus I'm back to working on my mods pretty regularly again. With that a few things have switched focus for me. Instead of big blankets of general gear the way VSM has been up till now, a million camos of every variety, I'll be focusing more on making unique gear that is more about making your character one of a kind, instead of a face in an army. That being said I will have a handful of camos in this pack, just not the insanity VSM became. I am also working on a more character driven story that i may or may not release, but part of that story is following a unique group of tactical operator dudes, Project Zenith, in this case. So I needed some original camos. I took inspiration from what originally got me started in modding, the project honor camo pattern, and tweaked it/recolored it into 4 (so far) patters. A m81 themed woodland (pictured at the top), a more green themed jungle variant, an altis/malden based arid pattern, and an arctic pattern. I'll be basing this project on my Crye Gen 2 uniforms that i started on before my hiatus. As well as a handful of new vests, helmets, gloves, weapons, and any other gear that may come up as i work on this project. But, not only for western themed units! I will also be putting a rebel faction, and an Opfor faction together. 99% original new models to arma, some small things ill reuse, but i want to focus on new content here instead of reskins. I want this mod to make arma feel sorta Tom Clancy themed. Anyhow, heres some pics.

Arid

IMPGhLp.pngbs5K2EG.pngG5Ztv6A.png

Jungle

lI8OisG.png3KAuC4C.pngPZTf74b.png4l8JtP9.png

teO6Kyx.png

Woodland

mLkYvly.pngCT38sEP.png9K8ZjSb.pngtDWrZEe.pngVBUvcDy.png5Uymc9r.png

Multicam

9Ck5u6V.pngIlal0k1.pngTZ67O9c.pngjawyyHl.pngvpOHtX8.png

Bonus round kitbashes

zy3sQ20.png

• Like 43

I'm curious as to which weapon mods you're using for your screenshots. I suspect some of your own work?

A lot of content in there to look forward to. The new uniform model looks terrific. 

I have real trouble loading ARMA up without MilGear. Love your work. Will be super stoked when this drops.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, discororo said:

I'm curious as to which weapon mods you're using for your screenshots. I suspect some of your own work?

A lot of content in there to look forward to. The new uniform model looks terrific. 

I have real trouble loading ARMA up without MilGear. Love your work. Will be super stoked when this drops.

Yeah man! Any weapons pictured here other than the vanilla are mine. Lots of goodies coming :)

• Like 1

Will you create ready to go units , for example a fireteam or something like that of individual dudes geared for different scenarios ( Altis, Malden ,Tanoa etc) ? Would love that....

cheers keep it up awesome pics :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Will you create ready to go units , for example a fireteam or something like that of individual dudes geared for different scenarios ( Altis, Malden ,Tanoa etc) ? Would love that....

cheers keep it up awesome pics :)

Yeah absolutely! Wit h this mod I'll want to focus on it being a more 'complete' mod in that sense. Instead of it being a gear pack, it's gonna be more of a character pack? lol but yeah, editor ready classes/groups for sure!

• Like 6

Amazing work mate. Looking forward to the next release. btw. did you think about German Multitarn since we talked about it a while back? I think it looks pretty cool and should be different enough from the US Multicam to be intersting

• Like 1

Absolutly amazing work, as always!

What I was thinking of the whole time while playing with the VSM Mod was, if you are able to make the shotgun on the Breacher Vest accessible so we can use it in CQB Environments?

Looking forward for this anyway!

Greetings from Germany

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vanschmoozin said:

Yeah absolutely! Wit h this mod I'll want to focus on it being a more 'complete' mod in that sense. Instead of it being a gear pack, it's gonna be more of a character pack? lol but yeah, editor ready classes/groups for sure!

Awesome !

Regarding  rebel and Opfor factions...just an idea, but I would love a paramilitary/criminal group like Apex Syndicate but based on former Yugoslavian/Albanian militas..would work very well for Altis and Malden.

cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping us updated with your work, Van. I must admit -- yours is one of the few threads I seek out when I visit this forum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casual_Boy97 said:

Absolutly amazing work, as always!

What I was thinking of the whole time while playing with the VSM Mod was, if you are able to make the shotgun on the Breacher Vest accessible so we can use it in CQB Environments?

Looking forward for this anyway!

Greetings from Germany

I havent personally, but a friend of mine, Mihal, has! in conjunction with ACE they shotty's will work. It's down a ways on my priority list, but it *is* there haha :)

10 hours ago, asgar said:

Amazing work mate. Looking forward to the next release. btw. did you think about German Multitarn since we talked about it a while back? I think it looks pretty cool and should be different enough from the US Multicam to be intersting

I do really like that pattern, and I still want to add it the the VSM Uniforms pack for sure. For this pack, who knows. But I will be making all of my photoshop templates that i used to create my own units available also, so if people do reskins all theyll need to do is change the camo swaatches over to whatever camo they like, pack it up and bam. :)

3 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Awesome !

Regarding  rebel and Opfor factions...just an idea, but I would love a paramilitary/criminal group like Apex Syndicate but based on former Yugoslavian/Albanian militas..would work very well for Altis and Malden.

cheers

Thats a rad idea for sure! And would be great for A2 maps also! So far the rebels are sort of a Ghost Recon Wildlands themed type of paramilitary units. Heres a pic of some of the assets, not in the arma engine yet.

UN1pdyM.jpgndso1gB.jpg

Whats cool here, is as I import and update the kits here, the gear can obviously bit mixed and matched however you guys like to make tons of combos

Heres a few pics of the Opfor units as well, not in the arma engine yet.

cFqRNQh.jpgcLYQttt.jpg

Quick disclaimer, while i do all of texture work, compiling, getting these units weighted and arma-fied, a good portion of the 3d models I didnt create. I have either bought/been donated assets up from 3d modelling sites, or have had badass 3d artists from the forums help me with. Any and all authors will obviously be credited in the end, and anyone actively helping me with stuff im sure youll see hop in and chime in here every now and again.

2 hours ago, vagrantauthor said:

Thanks for keeping us updated with your work, Van. I must admit -- yours is one of the few threads I seek out when I visit this forum.

Appreciate that a ton man, I love seeing you chime in. Comments like this really help keep me motivated. :)

• Like 27

WHY ARE YOU NOT SAYING HI ON DISCORD YOU TRAITOR!!

no but seriously, good shit bro

• Like 6

Those OPFOR and paramilitary guys are really rad. I like the idea you mentioned of it being almost "Tom Clancy"-like, almost like an action movie, existing in its own and being well realized and whatnot. All you need now is someone to build up a campaign or at least some juicy lore for us to play with. I really like where this is going. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

Those OPFOR and paramilitary guys are really rad. I like the idea you mentioned of it being almost "Tom Clancy"-like, almost like an action movie, existing in its own and being well realized and whatnot. All you need now is someone to build up a campaign or at least some juicy lore for us to play with. I really like where this is going. 

Exactly what I'm wanting to do! My wife is a writer and has some rad stories already, and I'm hoping Slider has time to help me with scripting a campaign when the time comes! I voice acted some parts of a campaign he was working on and ohhhhhhh my god it was sick haha So if all goes as planned, I'll have at least some missions with story chunks and a ton of lore behind the Project Zenith group. Sort of a Rainbow Six type spec ops group. Pretty cool knowing more peeps will be interested in that kinda play style too! :)

• Like 7

Oh fantastic OPFOR/Rebel kit, I love it- I can finally retire the Guerilla Fatigues. 

• Like 4

Also, Heres some pics of the weapons i have working in game so far. Textures/grips/all aspects of everything may change haha but, I like keeping you guys updated. Ill make a list of my planned stuff. I have a handful of large caliber rifles, pistols, shottys, and smg's that are for sure making the pack. I'm also toying with the idea of making one AR lower/upper receiver the 'master', and have the other short rails, stocks, etc etc that are from the few models that i'm working with just be mods on that one combo. I have a picture of what i mean below. KickAss did a cool thing with his weapons pack where the 'attachments' section was actually the rails, the 'bipod' section was actually stocks, etc etc. You guys have interest in that? or would you rather have the variants set up as weapons? I'm already setting them up as weapons, so chances are thats how theyll stay, cause i know it.... and im lazy... lmao but who knows.

RnDjw8f.jpg

so see, heres my base AR, and then this next pic is just adding the VLTOR CASV rail to this base model, instead of a completely new modeled AR. (also how badass is this solid snake head?? that MGS mod is one of my absolute favs)

Rvrizhz.jpg

Like I said, everything is up in the air. :) Heres an example of instead of just the rail being swapped, and the barrel being cut down, its an entire new model. While i feel like the variety is super cool, its also really pleasing if its all one receiver set.... decisions!!! lol

WBbdlAs.jpg

same thing here, the DDM4 is a unique case i feel though cause it has custom markings on the upper and lower... but it could be dope to just add the rail/barrel length to the base model. (the normal map is a little whacked on this one still for sure)

jGFt3vC.jpg

fgqcReF.jpg

Yummy MK16 with a rail extension. I'll also have some SBR MK16's/17's :)

46F963D.jpg

anyhow :)

hLUzwK6.png

bXIMpLQ.png7Xgwz5V.png

CmRdj6J.png

*Direone's animations are the only reason any of stuff looks cool ;)

• Like 16

That is actually a really nice idea, and helps to cut down on un-necessary Arsenal clutter of different versions of the same weapon but (for example) a new color. 

Only thing I would change is maybe make a base model for each barrel length, and have the versions for all the different rail kits stay within that, just so using a 10.3 or 14.5 carbine compared to like a 16-20in DMR version of the same rifle you see that velocity/accuracy difference ingame.

I just did a test and the same ammo in a base game carbine have reduced velocity compared to a normal rifle- is that possible to do to support the above?

Mk20 standard- 846m/s at 50M, Bohemia Ball round.

mk20 Carbine- 771 m/s at 50M, Bohemia Ball round.

Also, are you planning to use Spartan ballistics?

And I just noticed the angled flash light on the VLTOR, that is cool as well, I don't know anyone who's done that intentionally :)

• Like 2

Personally I'd much rather see the variants set up as weapons, although maybe like RHS have it where you have the foregrips etc as bipods so you can mix and match there.

Other than that the only real request I would have is that you put as much compatibility as possible. Eg if they could be compatible with RHS mags/suppressors etc that would be amazing. (also obviously ACE compatibility) 

LAxemann's sounds would be amazing too, unless you have your own sorted?

Looks great though and I can't wait to see this (and the NZDF MCU pattern :p ) in our mod list.

Appreciate all the work you do dude. It's hard for me to make a mission these days without the VSM complete pack :)

• Like 2

Hot damn all this work looks great van. You've really put a lot of tlc into all this and it really shows. Thanks for all your hard work and glad to see that you have time again to once again work on all this stuff. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vanschmoozin said:

7Xgwz5V.png

*Direone's animations are the only reason any of stuff looks cool ;)

you might wanna check the smoothing groups on the magwell :)

• Like 2