HaggisRoll

Looking to play a mission like on milsim video's

Afternoon All.

Wasn't entirely sure where to post, so here go's anyway.

I'm looking to put a mission on my own server for myself and clan members to play through.  I just seem to get writers/editors block when it comes to actually making the mission objective itself. 

Like the milsim group video's you see on YouTube.  I can work with mods etc and like to use @alive also.  Since wasteland has gone into the past now we need something else to focus on and move forward. Games will come and go, but ARMA will be always be the base of the get togethers, so if i can help keep this going any pointers would be great.  

Where or who should i speak to, to get a mission like the milsim groups use.  I think it could be a reviving of ARMA game nights, instead of all playing different games whilst sitting in chat.

Thanks for reading.

A

I've read through your post three times and am still unsure of what you're looking for.

Do you have a particular milsim group in mind for the mission you want to replicate? I say replicate because most mil sims groups use some form of mod pack and if they just gave you a mission you saw on YouTube, it would would require the same mod pack to run on your server and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to lend that out, nor would you want to run it.

if you're looking to make clever missions, there are a lot of tutorials on these forums and on YouTube. As for inspiration, not only are there standard objectives used by mislim groups such as rescuing units, capturing HVTs, ambushing infantry and convoys. So much so, they're sort of cliched.

Being the one responsible for mission making over several groups, inspiration also came from modern and historic missions, customized to fit into the Arma sandbox.

Finally, Steam has plenty of MP missions you can download and use. A ton of missions can be found in this part of the forums https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/forum/158-arma-3-user-missions/

Does this answer your question?

Hi Thanks.  Have had a look at steam and downloaded a few, but some seem to be broken from reading the comments.

Basically if i can get a good insurgency mission to compare against my own, i'll be able to tell if i'm on the right track.  I May try Takistan Insurgency by Phronk..    seems interesting.   Also am now looking through the user missions on the forum.

I might do what you say and try and replicate an event to a certain degree and see how it plays out.

Are you in a position to suggest by message or link to a couple to try.

Thanks again for the reply.  

By mentioning Insurgency I'm guessing you're looking for a dynamic mission that offers replayability and a variety of mission that stacks the bad guys relative to how many players you have in mission. If that's the case, you might want to consider a 'Patrol Ops' type mission. The following are a lot of fun with very little work required;

Dynamic Combat Ops - its already made over several maps

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865214690

Here's an insurgency mission

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1095510148

Arma 3 has quite a few boilerplate missions such as capture the flag, capture the island, but I'm not sure how you could host them yourself, but might be able to find them already hosted.

Hope these help!

• Like 1

Yeah. replayability would be better. We were playing escape from Tanoa, Malden etc, but repetative after a while. 

I'll take a look a the 2 above this evening when i finish work. Run them and see what the guys think.

Thanks again for the help. Will post how i get on.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:46 PM, Rich_R said:

By mentioning Insurgency I'm guessing you're looking for a dynamic mission that offers replayability and a variety of mission that stacks the bad guys relative to how many players you have in mission. If that's the case, you might want to consider a 'Patrol Ops' type mission. The following are a lot of fun with very little work required;

Dynamic Combat Ops - its already made over several maps

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=865214690

Here's an insurgency mission

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1095510148

Arma 3 has quite a few boilerplate missions such as capture the flag, capture the island, but I'm not sure how you could host them yourself, but might be able to find them already hosted.

Hope these help!

Checked out the insurgency mission above. Have a good idea what to look for now.

Thanks for the pointers.  Gonna throw some more on the server over the next few weeks. 

Also working on my own Fallujah mission too using Alive and MCC. 

Thanks Again.

• Like 1