Leaflets are a scripted feature meant for use in playable content most of all (Laws of War DLC). There is some Sandbox compatibility, but since they are not fully engine-driven, they are also limited in some areas. For this reason they are not by default added to the Utility Drone (but can be added as special 'weapon' via pylon settings or scripting).

• Notes:
    • Find a start of documentation on the Community Wiki.
    • We've extended the feature to allow for full-screen inspection of the info stands (Faction Showcase IDAP e.g.).
  • We'd prefer specific issue reports on the Feedback Tracker.

leaflets_alt.jpg

• Like 8

Any chance to see a drop leaflet waypoint and a leaflet module which allows us to make certain objects "inspectable" ? I feel like it's a great addition to the game but won't be used alot because especially for beginners it's too difficult to implement.

• Like 7

What are the required dimensions of the leaflet images?

726 x 1024 pixels :icon_biggrin: Don't forget, textures must be 1024 x 1024 - borders on either side should be transparent and use the _CO suffix (sharper edges). Have fun!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Kydoimos said:

722 x 1024 pixels :icon_biggrin: Don't forget, textures must be 1024 x 1024 - borders on either side should be transparent and use the _CO suffix (sharper edges). Have fun!

Thanks! 

Is the Description.ext changes implemented in dev branch yet? I tried as the wiki stated and no charges were noted, not even the "Read" text.

The change of the image for the leaflet does not seem to work. Using the following description.ext:

class CfgLeaflets
{
	class West
	{
		text = "Test Leaflet"; 
		texture = "Leaflet_CO.paa";
	}
};

On 8/12/2017 at 8:36 AM, Schillemat said:

Thanks! 

Is the Description.ext changes implemented in dev branch yet? I tried as the wiki stated and no charges were noted, not even the "Read" text.

24 minutes ago, Schillemat said:

The change of the image for the leaflet does not seem to work. Using the following description.ext:

class CfgLeaflets
{
	class West
	{
		text = "Test Leaflet"; 
		texture = "Leaflet_CO.paa";
	}
};

Found the issue!

It is a bug. When i changed the weapon to fire "1Rnd_Leaflets_East_F" using the above code, the new leaflet that I made showed up.

Is this intended behavior or a bug?

• Like 1

It is indeed a bug, just fixed it. Thanks for finding that ;)

• Like 1

How would I get leaflets to work on other aircraft and not just the drone. For example, a piece keeping mission and the only aircraft available is the unarmed hellcat. The player would then need to drop some propaganda within a certain trigger to complete the task.

Thanks,

Reed

21 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

How would I get leaflets to work on other aircraft and not just the drone. For example, a piece keeping mission and the only aircraft available is the unarmed hellcat. The player would then need to drop some propaganda within a certain trigger to complete the task.

Thanks,

Reed

Leaflets can be added to helicopters and what not by using the following

yourhelicopter addMagazine "1Rnd_Leaflets_West_F";

This adds 1 drop of leaflets to your desired vehicle.

• Like 1

The default NATO leaflet has a typo; it says "puting" instead of "putting".

Thanks for spotting that - it'll certainly be addressed! 

33 minutes ago, Kydoimos said:

Thanks for spotting that - it'll certainly be addressed! 

Since when have you been working for BIS? Nice to hear that ;)

• Like 3

Seems leaflets doesn't work in MP. On dedicated server only some has picture and are inspectable and after JIP reconnect all leaflets on ground are white and without inspect action.

leaflets_issue1.jpg

leaflets_issue2.jpg

Defined my own leaflet and fixed JIP issue with script that runs after client connects and reinit all leaflets localy on client.

description.ext

class CfgLeaflets
{
	class East
	{
		text = $STR_Leaflet;
		texture = "images\leaflet_ca.paa";
	}
};

code after client JIP

if (gClientMode == "CLIENT") then 
{
  {
    if(_x iskindof "Leaflet_05_F") then
    {
      ["init",[_x, "images\leaflet_ca.paa", localize "STR_Leaflet"]] call bis_fnc_initLeaflet; 
    };
  } foreach (nearestObjects [getMarkerPos "zoneCenter", [], 3000]); 
};	

Only problem remains is that some leaflets are blank and without inspection action after drop in MP although after JIP script above fixes them all. In SP drop works fine.

How do you save it as a Paa texture. when ever I save it as one, its just a black texture?

10 hours ago, sgt-mikey said:

How do you save it as a Paa texture. when ever I save it as one, its just a black texture?

My tutorial for making custom buttons shows how to do it, just skip past the first minute or so.

I made leaflet this way:

Downloaded JPG image from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Leaflets#Leaflet_Preview

Opened JPG in Paint.Net (it is free) and use magic wand or rectangular select tool to select white bars on each side and press delete key to make side transparent.

Clean text with brush tool from original leaflet and make new layers and put your own text there and set opacity (double click on layer) around 180 so it will blend nicely with paper.

Save as PNG with Auto detect to retain transparency and. Be sure name ends with _CA or _CO

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Then install ARMA 3 Tools from steam tools section and run it and start TexView 2

Drag and drop your created png there.

Select DXT3 and File -> Save As and add .paa to fine name and save

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Done!

Just don't forget to add _CO or _CA to filename or texture will be bad in-game. It somehow tells game to handle image with transparency correctly. Hope this helps

Here is cleaned CSAT leaflet that I used as base:

http://prekladytextu.eu/leaflet_co.zip

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ataribaby said:

I made leaflet this way:

Downloaded JPG image from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Leaflets#Leaflet_Preview

Opened JPG in Paint.Net (it is free) and use magic wand or rectangular select tool to select white bars on each side and press delete key to make side transparent.

Clean text with brush tool from original leaflet and make new layers and put your own text there and set opacity (double click on layer) around 180 so it will blend nicely with paper.

Save as PNG with Auto detect to retain transparency and. Be sure name ends with _CA or _CO

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Then install ARMA 3 Tools from steam tools section and run it and start TexView 2

Drag and drop your created png there.

Select DXT3 and File -> Save As and add .paa to fine name and save

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Done!

Just don't forget to add _CO or _CA to filename or texture will be bad in-game. It somehow tells game to handle image with transparency correctly. Hope this helps

Here is cleaned CSAT leaflet that I used as base:

http://prekladytextu.eu/leaflet_co.zip

Thanks!

Can someone help me? simple situation. I want to fire trigger or make variable true after player read the leaflet. Do someone see some solution? thanks

edit: To exec something after object is inspected: [missionNamespace,"objectInspected",{ hint "exec whatever you need"}] call bis_fnc_addScriptedEventHandler. For example put this code to inspected object init field.

Anybody have a trick to getting the drones at a proper elevation to release the leaflets? Seems even with setheight, the drones insist at being about 100m off the ground. By then the leaflets vanish before they can hit the ground. 

9 hours ago, silentghoust said:

Anybody have a trick to getting the drones at a proper elevation to release the leaflets? Seems even with setheight, the drones insist at being about 100m off the ground. By then the leaflets vanish before they can hit the

ground. 

Have you tried:

this flyInHeight 30;