2 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Does is detonate standard APERS mines with the DLC update if it drivers over them? earlier it didnt (not able to test now).

Edit: But having some form of mine clearing device/functionality added to the bobcat would be awesome.

Just done a test no damage on bob cat going through Apers.

issues with dispenser - could not disarm explosives from the dispenser.

this may be due to the testing environment. editor using Zeus. any mines I placed had the red triangle around them. same when I popped the dispenser . so did not need to reveal them hitting key. still tried revel no luck. 

regards the dispenser. maybe it would be a good idea to make this a destructible object. a few  larger rounds makes it explode. otherwise from a gameplay point of view one could set these up around a position and just sit and wait. only way to disarm is suicide get and engineer close enough to disarm? thoughts?

18 hours ago, GBee2 said:

Running 1.64, I placed the mine module with mine type set to standard APERS, then drove the bobcat through at slow speed, all mines below and immediately adjacent to the vehicle were detonated.

What I didn't expect to happen is that after hitting a lot of mines the vehicle took some damage, which shouldn't be the case, but that's probably fixed with the DLC?

Tested the bobacat yesterday. Seems that bouncing mines can damage the gun and turret (which makes sense). I almost certain that, at some point I tested the bobcat and deemed it unworthy for mine clearing but as pointed out it really works perfectly for AT and standard APERS mines. My bad. :)

However, I would still wish to see a vanilla infantry based minefield clearing system. :) 

The minedetector stops beeping if a mine has been revealed with T and acts as if it doesn't exist anymore, even if the mine is still activated and ready to blow up any second. Only disarming the mine should affect the minedetector.

Cheers

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

(...) Only disarming the mine should affect the minedetector. (...)

I'd rather say only removing the mine should affect it. Given that the mine detector detects mines - and as long as there's a mine the mine detector should notice. Otherwise it would be an active mine detector.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

As long as the mine is still present it should continue beeping.

While this is similar to what modern day metal-detectors behave like, I am sure the developers have chosen the current approach for a few viable reasons.

1. It immediately becomes easier to determine if all mines have been spotted, or you missed something.
  2. The constant beep spam would be incredibly annoying after a while. It may actually become mentally exhausting.
  3. Who knows what kind of mine-detector one can expect in 2035 service. Maybe one with GPS sync that will memorize discovered mines and only warn you of undiscovered ones is possible at that time? 

I agree that it does not mimic current metal-detectors behavior 100%, but it does work as intended for gameplay. The red triangle visible on HUD and map markers make every player on your faction well aware not to wander carelessly into these areas of the map :)

My personal hope and suggestion would be that discovered mines do not show as a red triangle in HUD, but with a mine-flag object, which has already been suggested by many others. It may still show on the map for all I care, but I'd prefer if it were visible to the players by means of a small flag that pops up once it has been spotted. Maybe it should require the player to have a "mine flag pack" item in their inventory, so that regular infantry won't deploy flags by default, but still automatically mark it on the map.

As of the large UXO discussion... devs could probably expand the variation with minimal effort™, by using the already available 3D models of munitions (Bombs, rockets, artillery shells) and add them to the game as editor-placeable UXOs. I realize they have a lot on their plate right now before official release of the DLC, but it would give the community some extra variety to play with for EOD operations. Ideally, to increase UXO quality, the 3D models of large munitions would have to be severely damaged to seem realistic (bent, torn, disintegrated, distorted, semi-buried etc). It would have a very unsettling effect on players though. Imagine seeing a mangled bomb, dug halfway into the second floor of a building wall. If it were to detonate, it would have an enormous lethal radius compared to the cluster-size munitions. It would bring even further problems into the equation, such as evacuation of civilians, other personell and ordnance disposal on-site.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Strike_NOR said:

1. It immediately becomes easier to determine if all mines have been spotted, or you missed something.
  2. The constant beep spam would be incredibly annoying after a while. It may actually become mentally exhausting.

I too was going to post about the detector not beeping from a mine that was revealed.

but after some thought came to the same conclusions as Nor's did with points above. perhaps gameplay wise  it would be better to leave as it is. 

Im curious, can we use/control the blade of the bobcat now for de-

mining ap mines? 

3 hours ago, EddieX said:

Im curious, can we use/control the blade of the bobcat now for de-

mining ap mines? 

Basically the blade works as its own item and you can clear AT and APERS mine fields by just driving through them. Bouncing APERS mines will damage the weapon and turret and maybe the driver if unlucky.

2 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Basically the blade works as its own item and you can clear AT and APERS mine fields by just driving through them. Bouncing APERS mines will damage the weapon and turret and maybe the driver if unlucky.

Thank you for your answer! Great to hear that !

3 hours ago, jone_kone said:

I’ll have to check that back out. When I was testing it on Monday and AT mines actually disabled the Bobcat. Maybe it was because I didn’t hit the AT mine correctly.

19 hours ago, pttn40 said:

I’ll have to check that back out. When I was testing it on Monday and AT mines actually disabled the Bobcat. Maybe it was because I didn’t hit the AT mine correctly.

Did you have the blade lowered or raised? In theory the blade is what prevents the larger mines from damaging the vehicle, as they don't explode underneath the hull.

• Like 1

I would love to see more sqf commands interacting with mines as currently there are almost none right now: "see also" https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createMine

stuff i would like to see:
- disableMine
- enableMine

- unrevealMine
- MineTriggered EH

- MineExploded EH

- MineEnabled EH

- MineDisabled EH

• Like 2

I suppose that is not going to happen, but it should have been really good to make the mine detector a weapon that could be taken on your hands, as the binoculars, and use the picture in picture technology to represent the radar and the mines on the mine detector screen instead of having the same 2D HUD that other radars use.

Also make the player take the tools needed to dismantle the mines on hand and execute some animations while disabling the mines.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2017 at 9:46 AM, esfumato said:

I suppose that is not going to happen, but it should have been really good to make the mine detector a weapon that could be taken on your hands, as the binoculars, and use the picture in picture technology to represent the radar and the mines on the mine detector screen instead of having the same 2D HUD that other radars use.

Also make the player take the tools needed to dismantle the mines on hand and execute some animations while disabling the mines.

Totally agree, or at least make an easily made function or script to allow people to do this themselves.  I'm sure the modding community will do something, but something as close or vanilla would be best, as always

2 x civilian demining charges can destroy an APC (tested with Marshall) which I absolutely sure is not realistic.

Anyone else reported this issue?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, eriktrak said:

2 x civilian demining charges can destroy an APC (tested with Marshall) which I absolutely sure is not realistic.

May be video abou it?

Here you can watch the result:

It was destroyed by one indirect demining charge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eriktrak said:

Here you can watch the result:

It was destroyed by one indirect demining charge. 

Detonated the stock of weapons APC. The guys from RHS will be able to confirm this )))

On 8/20/2017 at 10:41 AM, eriktrak said:

Have not seen it reported. but did some tests after seeing yours.

they are pretty formidable being used as a weapon.

2 will take out an Arti  M4 Scorcher . tracks red/turret red.

3 will totally disable a slammer. tracks red/ turret red/ being dropped center of mass from direct above.

edit the civi drones also seem indestructible when it comes to ramming into people(darter will hit one maybe 2 if you lucky. I set up 15 civis cut them all down flying through them. not even a go fast sticker fell off.  same with a squad of soldiers fully protected. it will bounce off them but you can kill with no damage sustained from impacts.

Might have found a bug(think it might be set to lock you out of the terminal upon friendly fire) or i'm doing something wrong. as a drone op civi or army. you can no longer connect to a drone  after killing someone (of the same faction)at all via any method . it makes you unable to use drone unless you were connected to one before you killed. but after this drone you won't be able to connect to another.

I'm in editor so might be to do with this. don't remember being locked out of terminal after a friendly fire incident.

So...

Spoiler

the mine explosion due to the earthquake it was scripted

tried to set a motion of explosions of AP mines with the down-wash produced by the helis but without success.

Don't think he asked how to do it. More pointing out that this scene was... scripted. Of course, I was also wondering at first if it was a new feature (which would be weird, considering there are no earthquake in "regular" gameplay). After having to reload a few times, I knew it was just a script.

On 21.8.2017 at 6:22 PM, teabagginpeople said:

Might have found a bug(think it might be set to lock you out of the terminal upon friendly fire) or i'm doing something wrong. as a drone op civi or army. you can no longer connect to a drone  after killing someone (of the same faction)at all via any method . it makes you unable to use drone unless you were connected to one before you killed. but after this drone you won't be able to connect to another.

I'm in editor so might be to do with this. don't remember being locked out of terminal after a friendly fire incident.

I think the drones AI refuse to co-operate with you if your score gets too low and you switch to "sideEnemy" for them. 

Try setting your player to colonel (base score +7500) or use "addScore" to adjust your score/rating. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/sideEnemy

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Rating_Values

On the normal branch:

I've seen our unconnected Darters take off automatically (which btw was bit un-immersive) after friendly fire and vehicle mass destruction (which too is bit un-immersive but fun!) on Zeus multiplayer.

When the player score was evaluated and adjusted to 0 or more (Zeus ran addScore globally to us all), users could again connect to UAV:s.

15 hours ago, EddieX said:

I think the drones AI refuse to co-operate with you if your score gets too low and you switch to "sideEnemy" for them. 

Try setting your player to colonel (base score +7500) or use "addScore" to adjust your score/rating. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/sideEnemy

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Rating_Values

On the normal branch:

I've seen our unconnected Darters take off automatically (which btw was bit un-immersive) after friendly fire and vehicle mass destruction (which too is bit un-immersive but fun!) on Zeus multiplayer.

When the player score was evaluated and adjusted to 0 or more (Zeus ran addScore globally to us all), users could again connect to UAV:s.

You can put this in the initPlayerLocal.sqf (or any init type script ran on the player machines) and you won't ever have to fiddle the values manually:

player addEventHandler ["handleRating",{0}];