DnA

Laws of War DLC Playable Content (Campaign / Showcases / Time Trials)

Remnants of War = Great mini campaign. Story and voice actors top class. Really well done here. Nice way to show new angle to war.

This is War. Bravo BIS.

• Like 6

I see a bit of @Kydoimos anims here :f: 

Bu0r1n.png

TacOps DLC?

Fsmi76.png

Both found in the showcase. 

• Like 2

I just finished the Laws of War campaign, and I have to say, what a poignant, smart, well voice acted and all around remarkable experience. This will go down in my memories of one of the finest gaming campaigns I've played. I really appreciate it BI!

• Like 2

Finally got around to starting LoW.  I played it from start to finish and I have to say this was some of the best Arma I've ever played.  The writing, ambience, mission flow etc were all perfectly spot on.

• Like 4

This mini-campaign was really lovely, creative and extremely well done. You guys should indeed consider publishing such content on a more regular basis. :don12: I've already made a comment with respect to this in the Tac-Ops thread, but whatever, I'll gladly repeat myself: why not stop doing one huge main campaign for the release of an Arma title, and instead have more such mini-campaigns/operations(!) continuously released on a regular basis. Having a huge campaign (traditionally focusing on a single faction) right at the start of a new Arma adventure isn't doing anyone (developers and players alike) any favors, considering its rather long life-cycle, and all the improvements (not necessarily backwards compatible) and new assets that usually follow (and never are "officially" used much, if at all...).

Ideally there should be always some "Team Orange" around working on the next SP/MP missions to be released soon, for as long as the current Arma title is still being maintained. I obviously don't have the (sales) numbers, but I'd imagine this could work just nicely with the introduced DLC system.

Some other points:

• In "The Survivor":
    Spoiler

if you pick up a weapon and go up to the church anyways, there's a stupid invisible wall placed at the entrance of the church which you can bypass anyways by stepping over it repeatedly (hitting "V"). Invisible walls are stupid. Just don't. What's the point anyways?
    Also it's a bit odd that absolutely noone has a first-aid kit around. Sure, sure, you want the player to be slow and remain injured, but still... any other time every jackass has a first-aid kit, just not this time...:sly:
    And finally, clearing the town from every single AAF can be a bit cumbersome, considering you're doomed to be limping... At last I've found an AAF soldier in a house whose door was closed/shut for good. Dude was just standing there. Had to kill him through the window. A script to make the AAF guys keep moving and not lurk around somewhere for too long might be nice. Or some other trick to speed things up a bit. The remaining guerilla buddies weren't of much help too (I think they tend to swarm around the player instead of search-and-killing individually?).

• While the storytelling with the memories is awesome and all: there was IMHO not enough raw gameplay in relation to the firmer. Eh, it's probably okay, if it's a bit more on the storytelling side of things this time (considering it's done so well). For once. ;)

• "The Redacted":

Spoiler

:slayer: -- But yes, give your AI buddies way more skill. That wasn't funny. I ordered both of them to target/engage a dude each, while not giving a firing order yet. What happened? They ran off 200 meter into the opposite direction?! I don't even... Did it all on my own in the end.
    Btw. is there any consequence in getting detected/seen prematurely? Can't tell... does this have any effect at all?

Concerning your last point, nope it doesn't.

Just a dialog change, that's all.

4 hours ago, Wiki said:

Concerning your last point, nope it doesn't.

Just a dialog change, that's all.

Oh...

Spoiler

I suppose the same is true for that question in the end, where she asks you who is (most) responisble for all of this? So you end up with a different article written about all of this. Or what was the point of that? Was that just a small questionnaire for BIS (do the answers get transmitted?) to see if kids understood what has been happening? :shhh:

...I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I'd expect "gameplay" consequences for such accidents (getting detected) or decisions. Come on. You're presented a full-screen dialog to (officially) blame a faction (doesn't this usually mean WAR!!! :uzi:). SOMETHING HAS TO HAPPEN!! No? :icon_cry:

At the end, when she asks you who you think is responsible, it's for all what happened.

Spoiler

As for the spec ops mission for example, you don't really know who conducted it.

Was it really CSAT? Or maybe CTRG?

We'll never know, but you can choose who you think did it.

Hence, you decide at the end of the campaign who is to blame for all of that.

According to SPOTREP #00079 Laws of War DLC addons were decrypted to PBO. I don't understand what that means but I hope the forum can provide some info.

I am working on a scenario designed to test various aspects of gameplay in the virtual reality in an SP or hosted Coop environment. This scenario shall be playable by everybody who just owns plain Arma 3 without any paid DLCs. Among various other things the player will find a simulated minefield made from anti-personell mines placed between rubbish and debris. The player has to identify mines with the mine detector, defuse them, pick them up, place them elsewhere, and trigger the mines if he is not careful. He will also be able to pick up mines from crates.

My question is: Will a player who doesn't own the Laws of War DLC be able to play this mission if I use the Laws of War training mines or will I have to use the regular explosive mines?

Maybe I should add that the members of my unit and I own all DLCs so we can only speculate about the experience of someone who doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Alpha-Kilo said:

According to SPOTREP #00079 Laws of War DLC addons were decrypted to PBO. I don't understand what that means but I hope the forum can provide some info.

Decrypted, so we can look inside what's happening in this DLC via PBO Manager that can be found in Arma 3 Tools in Steam.

3 minutes ago, Alpha-Kilo said:

My question is: Will a player who doesn't own the Laws of War DLC be able to play this mission if I use the Laws of War training mines or will I have to use the regular explosive mines?

That'd be negatory whenever it is outside of the official Arsenal from the main menu.