DnA

Laws of War DLC Playable Content (Campaign / Showcases / Time Trials)

11 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Hi,

How do you do the survivor (remnant mission). I'm killed within 2 minutes by BLUFOR and INDEP and it seems i have to sweep all combatants. It's too difficult and leads to never ending restarts.

ABSOLUTELY BORING

Don't pick up a gun. Stay away from the firefights and get to the church (which means wait until either the AAF troopers or FIA guerrillas die first).

4 hours ago, drebin052 said:

Don't pick up a gun. Stay away from the firefights and get to the church (which means wait until either the AAF troopers or FIA guerrillas die first).

Ah OK, thanks. I "understood" the prevalent message with LOW, mines, civilian casualties, and so on, but not the fact you have to die each time you pick a gun. This is far more questionable.

29 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Ah OK, thanks. I "understood" the prevalent message with LOW, mines, civilian casualties, and so on, but not the fact you have to die each time you pick a gun. This is far more questionable.

You don't have to die, just be ready to kill everyone on sight because that's what they'll do since you're now a combatant.

1 hour ago, Vidikk said:

You don't have to die, just be ready to kill everyone on sight because that's what they'll do since you're now a combatant.

Sure! A 2 cent ethic because a gun makes you enemy of everyone, with a max (4) knowledge about your position.

58 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Sure! A 2 cent ethic because a gun makes you enemy of everyone, with a max (4) knowledge about your position.

That's not what I experienced. As long as you only shoot at the AAF, the guerrillas won't treat you as hostile. If the guerrillas are shooting at you, you may have accidentally shot one of them first.

And the AAF will obviously treat any man with a weapon in the town as an enemy combatant.

• Like 3

Out of interest, I noticed a few nice things during the campaign which I really liked (I liked the campaign a LOT too), i'm just wondering if they were scripted or engine solutions:

1) The Bobcat can lower its dozer, and then sweeps the road of mines. How do I get it to do this minesweeping or was it a scripted solution as I couldn't figure out how to do it within the editor.

2) The supply drop drops multiple items, does this mean that we can load normal items in such as ammoboxes? Again, I tried this but couldn't do so in the editor, am I missing something here?

On 8/23/2017 at 9:46 AM, moricky said:

These are conditions for unlocking "Humanitarian" achievement:

Reveal hidden contents
  • The Peacekeeper: Make sure no supply crate get damaged. Plan your air drop location carefully.
  • The Guerrilla: Don't use IDAP ambulance in the barricade. There are other vehicles you can use instead.
  • The Redacted: Don't kill IDAP doctor. He'll return back to the church if you wait (the delay is shorter when you identify him).
  • The Survivor: Reach the church unarmed. Picking up a weapon is fine as long you drop it and don't kill anyone.
  • The Major: Don't execute any incapacitated enemy. Spreading mines has no effect on this, the situation justifies it.

You should receive the achievement once after credits, when the article appears. If you're going to try it, please write here if it worked correctly.

BTW: The sleeping dude is an oversight, he should be there only in memory of Oreokastro scenario. I'll remove him.

Worked with one more condition:

Spoiler

In addition to everything you mentioned in "The Major" I didn't use the mine dispenser and got the achievement.

28 minutes ago, Vidikk said:

Worked with one more condition:

Reveal hidden contents

In addition to everything you mentioned in "The Major" I didn't use the mine dispenser and got the achievement.

it shouldn't matter if you did, as he explicitly stated it.

so if you fulfilled everything else, and didn't receive it, then started over and didn't use it, it should be a bug.

1 minute ago, HaseDesTodes said:

it shouldn't matter if you did, as he explicitly stated it.

so if you fulfilled everything else, and didn't receive it, then started over and didn't use it, it should be a bug.

Maybe it's a bug, like I mentioned earlier, played two times from start to finish making all "good" decisions but using mine dispenser and didn't get the achievement. Reverted to The Major and killed everyone with firearms - achievement popped up.

Bravo BI. This was seriously one of the best campaigns I've ever played, despite it's shortness (took me ~2 hours). The backstory, how your choices had consequences, the whole morality of it all. The Redacted was by far my favorite mission. Not going to spoil anything, but it really drove a message home. Really good job BI. Well worth the money I spent.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, [evo] dan said:

1) The Bobcat can lower its dozer, and then sweeps the road of mines. How do I get it to do this minesweeping or was it a scripted solution as I couldn't figure out how to do it within the editor.

2) The supply drop drops multiple items, does this mean that we can load normal items in such as ammoboxes? Again, I tried this but couldn't do so in the editor, am I missing something here?

Both are indeed available as scripted solutions. The Bobcat plow can be animated via script. Vehicle-in-Vehicle Transport now supports loading cargo that is not a vehicle, but unfortunately there is no vanilla way to load such cargo, so it can be used only for specific scenarios where it is set up. Once loaded via script, pilots / drivers can drop the cargo via the action menu (including on parachutes). It would be nice if we could at least still support 'loading' in Eden Editor, but we'll see if that's possible.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DnA said:

Both are indeed available as scripted solutions. The Bobcat plow can be animated via script. Vehicle-in-Vehicle Transport now supports loading cargo that is not a vehicle, but unfortunately there is no vanilla way to load such cargo, so it can be used only for specific scenarios where it is set up. Once loaded via script, pilots / drivers can drop the cargo via the action menu (including on parachutes). It would be nice if we could at least still support 'loading' in Eden Editor, but we'll see if that's possible.

Thanks for answering that. I hope you can get a vanilla working solution at some point, or at least the ability to preload cargo in the Eden editor.

I assume the Bobcat is set to invincible during the mission rather than the plow being down taking all the hits?

Also, whats the memory point to animate the plow?

I have to say, Bohemia has outdone themselves with this campaign.  Hands down the best campaign I've ever played in any of the Arma series to date.  I literally couldn't put it down.  Captivating story, great action and gameplay and dialogue that makes you care about the characters.  The high level of production values was very apparent.

I sure hope there's more of this to come.

If Bohemia would create some more mini campaigns like this, using the assets from the various DLCs, I have no doubt that they could release them as paid content and sell enough to make it worth their while.  I'd certainly eat up as much single player content like this (maybe more combat focused making use of all the new DLC content) as they can make.

Wish the Marksman, Jets, Helis and Apex had such amazingly well-done SP content as this DLC.  We don't need more assets at this point, we need SP content with high production values.  I sure hope the Tanks DLC has a mini campaign as awesome as this.

Well done, BIS!

• Like 9

3 hours ago, senoj said:

I have to say, Bohemia has outdone themselves with this campaign.  Hands down the best campaign I've ever played in any of the Arma series to date.  I literally couldn't put it down.  Captivating story, great action and gameplay and dialogue that makes you care about the characters.  The high level of production values was very apparent.

I sure hope there's more of this to come.

If Bohemia would create some more mini campaigns like this, using the assets from the various DLCs, I have no doubt that they could release them as paid content and sell enough to make it worth their while.  I'd certainly eat up as much single player content like this (maybe more combat focused making use of all the new DLC content) as they can make.

Wish the Marksman, Jets, Helis and Apex had such amazingly well-done SP content as this DLC.  We don't need more assets at this point, we need SP content with high production values.  I sure hope the Tanks DLC has a mini campaign as awesome as this.

Well done, BIS!

I agree, with no idea of when there may be an Arma 4, a new campaign DLC could be a good way to bridge the gap until there is a new Arma.  

Spoiler

How can one neutralize the barricade in The Redacted?

I have noticed in one of the missions that the enemy shouts profanity when shot or in some cases upon spotting the player? I have not experienced this until now and I tried to replicate that in the editor with no success. Is that something scripted for the campaign? And if so how can I use it for my own missions?

Hold SPACE to advance during cutscenes doesn't seem to work. It flashes the text for few seconds and makes it nearly fully transparent just as any other key.

18 minutes ago, Janez said:

Hold SPACE to advance during cutscenes doesn't seem to work. It flashes the text for few seconds and makes it nearly fully transparent just as any other key.

hold enter works though

I tried Enter as well but it wont work either. Same flashing text. Unless I unbound it from certain function that makes it not to work.

Edit: Also, there used to be Skip in pause menu iirc, which is not there in this campaign as far as I can see.

3 hours ago, Janez said:

I tried Enter as well but it wont work either. Same flashing text. Unless I unbound it from certain function that makes it not to work.

Edit: Also, there used to be Skip in pause menu iirc, which is not there in this campaign as far as I can see.

i have "Use default action" bound to the "enter"-key, so whatever you have bound it to, skipping might work with holding it.

Spoiler

and i have only bound the airbrake to space, so that might be the reason it'S not working for me.

3 hours ago, Janez said:

It may well be some issue with changing key binding that's causing it.

But I know for sure this issue was reported (I also experienced it)on development branch during testing of laws of war dlc before release . 

Yeah.

To skip the scene, it's not "spacebar" but the "action" key bind.

Anyone managed to get gold in TT15: Off Road Excavation? It appears to be impossible to me. Did what I consider nearly perfect run and still nearly 4 seconds off. Really struggling to shave any more time.

Edit: So lowering FoV from 90 back to default helped with precision despite camera wobble being more severe. I managed to do a run with a second to spare, late 1:48.

@Janez I was do cut the road on CKP 4 ~ CKP 5, used to vehicle turbo and just practice being 2 days :D

also, I did not use the break to curve. because engine break is working for reduce speed.

Great campaign, took me by surprise for a dlc and I even had a few Spec Ops The Line moments.

Spoiler

The whole two brothers story was pretty tragic with how it ended, great storymancy atmosphere skills guys. Also when I played as AAF I shot the wounded guy.

I thought it as a mercy kill considering he was probably spilling his guts in agony after he stepped on a mine yet it was considered a war crime.

For those who finished the campaign I was wondering if something different could have happen in one of the missions:

Spoiler

In Redacted scenario would have been possible to avoid casualties and direct the cluster bomb somewhere else?

Btw nice detail when I ordered the air strike, the confirmation from the other side was voiced in english and that was the moment when I thought something stinks here. Still, I don't understand what was the point of CTRG's false flag, CSAT were already involved with the quake device testing on the island.

• Like 1