DnA

Laws of War DLC Playable Content (Campaign / Showcases / Time Trials)

4 minutes ago, pwner said:

..., your teammates still fire on the unarmed civilian.

Good catch, I'll try to handle that better.

• Like 3

Just "completed" the campaign and i thought it was really good. Of all the campaign stuff in arma 3 I think this one was by far the best. The story telling, dialogue, and choices just made it stand out and above the others.

Also I say completed because i couldn't complete the task of clearly all the land mines. I scanned the entire area with the drone and got nothing, and also walked through the town and still couldn't find any mines left. Now i think this might be due to a few disappearing, because i noticed some just no longer existed when i returned.

Also the demining drone is a like a tiny stealth bomber and i love it. Like a little bee that flies around unnoticed, right up until it stings you. Also the new drones in general are great because they handle better and fly better than the normal quad copter.

• Like 2

bug report

Spoiler

Bug report for the devs: On the mission where you use mine dispensers in a church, the weapon sight for you AR is an SMG ACO, not the correct type.

• Like 1

Any chance you can add the ambulance siren to the Gendarmerie offroad? Also, any chance of a Gendarmerie van? How about a plain blue PASGT helmet with neck protector?

Also, any chance of an ISIS-style bombing drone for the FIA based on the demining drone?

• Like 4

I encountered a bug doing the mini campaign, not sure if anyone else experienced the same thing but,

Spoiler

When doing the memories, I noticed that for being inside the tent with the wounded patient and doctor in the middle of town, I could not exit the tent and the memory, and had to reload to a previous savepoint.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mackereldude said:

I encountered a bug doing the mini campaign, not sure if anyone else experienced the same thing but,

Hide contents

When doing the memories, I noticed that for being inside the tent with the wounded patient and doctor in the middle of town, I could not exit the tent and the memory, and had to reload to a previous savepoint.

This is cleared up by the hint about the memories, you should press U to end the memory.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thetacticalcat said:

This is cleared up by the hint about the memories, you should press U to end the memory.

lol i should probably had my hits on, i used our familiar feature just walk and prone towards object and glitch out of it :D (i know i know) :(

In Showcase Laws of War, you can jump off and be killed from the viewpoint of "Strikes" Sim using Step over(V).

• Like 1

The Campaign was extremely enjoyable. I as quite happy with the different take on the battlefield. It worked pretty flawlessly. But to critique:

Spoiler

In the final mission, I note the fact that NATO claimed they had "Bagged and Tagged" their dead, yet when you go into to church grounds after this is supposedly complete, the dead from the firefight you took part in still remain (NATO and FIA forces respectively). I just found it odd that they claimed they took the bodies, yet walking in there you find the 10 or so guys you had killed.  

Other than that, excellent work. Kept me busy for an hour and a half last night. 

• Like 4

^ had exactly the same thought just right now after finishing that mission. It's cool to see the bodies on the position where you actually killed them, but in this case I guess it'd be better to remove at least the NATO guys.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pwner said:

If you confiscate the weapon on the ground (can't be a combatant if you don't have a weapon lol), and put it in the ambulance, your teammates still fire on the unarmed civilian.

How do you disarm enemy ai or get them to surrender? 

Can achievements be unlocked in the dev branch?

Have played about an hour of the campaign and I really enjoyed it so far. Well done!

• Like 3

Havent finished it yet but this is really creative stuff - great job Team Orange, best content Ive played in a long time and totally original

• Like 3

5 hours ago, wiki said:

Can achievements be unlocked in the dev branch?

i have gotten the "Remnants of War" achievement for finishing the campaign, so the answer is "Yes"

Does anyone know which particular function is called when this is bis_fnc_holdaction is called on the laptops during the IDAP Showcase?  Is this just the same "BIS_fnc_initLeaflet" that the leaflets use but with a larger fullscreen image?

Would absolutely love to get this kind of thing into some of my missions.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/867360078972122176/8430C8AB051F1876A65F9C677CC3982F2195ABBF/

10 hours ago, Romanze said:

How do you disarm enemy ai or get them to surrender? 

You don't need to. Just empty your backpack, pick up the gun off the ground and put it somewhere safe.

Wow. Just finished the campaign. This is easily the best narrative driven production i've seen in the Arma series (played all of them since opflash). I never could have imagined such high production quality was possible in Arma. My expectations have been far exceeded. When I saw the announcement, I said to myself "I hope this hits me just as hard a Spec Ops: The Line." Y'all came very close I must say. Splendid work to all involved! I was especially impressed with how many variations of the ending and the narrative there were based off of some of the little choices you made. It easily rivals that of a narrative driven RPG.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Does anyone know which particular function is called when this is bis_fnc_holdaction is called on the laptops during the IDAP Showcase?  Is this just the same "BIS_fnc_initLeaflet" that the leaflets use but with a larger fullscreen image?

Would absolutely love to get this kind of thing into some of my missions.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/867360078972122176/8430C8AB051F1876A65F9C677CC3982F2195ABBF/

Function viewer >> A3_Orange >> BIS_fnc_showAANArticle

Spoiler

/*
	Author: Karel Moricky

Description:
	Show AAN article

Parameter(s):
		0: ARRAY of ARRAYS - each subarray defines part of an article, can be:

["title", <text:string>]
				Article title

["meta", [<author:string>, <date:array Y,M,D,H,M>, <timezoneName:string>]]
				Article author and date

["text",<text:string>]
				Paragraph

["textbold",<text:string>]
				Bold paragraph

["textlocked",[<text:string>,<prompt:string>]]
				Locked paragraph with subscriber prompt. There should be no paragraph after it.

["image",[<path:string>, <description:string>, <source:string>]]
				Image with description. The image should have 2:1 ratio.

["box",[<path:string>, <description:string>]]
				Link to another "fake" article displayed on left. The image should have 2:1 ratio.

["author",[<path:string>, <description:string>]]
				Author's bio. The iage should have 1:1 ratio.

1: DISPLAY - parent display
		2: BOOL - true to fade from black (default: false)

Example:
		[
			[
				["title","My Title"],
				["meta",["Catherine Bishop",[2035,2,24,11,38],"CET"]],
				["textbold","This is a bold text"],
				["image",["\a3\Missions_F_Orange\Data\Img\orange_overview_ca.paa","Some image description"]],
				["box",["\a3\Missions_F_Orange\Data\Img\Faction_IDAP_overview_CA.paa","You won't believe what playing IDAP showcase can bring you"]],
				["text","Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi tincidunt pretium ultricies. Etiam ac ornare est, quis posuere nisl. Mauris facilisis lectus eu turpis maximus consequat. Donec ut metus nec risus tristique mattis. Ut posuere rutrum tellus, ut molestie orci mattis id. Cras ultrices euismod diam, in venenatis nunc commodo eget. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Morbi congue dolor rutrum lectus euismod, ac faucibus magna molestie. Aliquam in libero sit amet eros sagittis tristique. Nam pellentesque dignissim aliquam."],
				["textlocked",["Sed non est risus. Nulla condimentum at leo sed bibendum. Phasellus laoreet sit amet leo tincidunt consequat. Curabitur nec hendrerit purus. Nam massa nisi, mattis in aliquet consectetur, ornare eget nibh. Nunc dignissim, nibh sit amet ultrices tincidunt, mi nulla fermentum quam, non condimentum dolor eros vulputate massa.","SUBSCRIBE PLZ"]],
				["author",["\a3\Missions_F_Orange\Data\Img\avatar_journalist_ca.paa","Catherine Bishop is a journalist"]]
			]
		] call bis_fnc_showAANArticle;

Returns:
	DISPLAY
*/

• Like 3

The campaign turned out surprisingly good. Good voice acting and a "good" oppressive atmosphere. Emotionally engaging. I liked it a lot. From a storytelling standpoint it's easily the best that Bohemia did for Arma 3 (Overall, Resistance still holds that spot).

Spoiler

I like the approach of the hub mission, coupled with the memories (nicely done, wouldn't have thought that possible within the Arma engine). A bit too long mine duty, maybe, I walked through Oreocastro so many times...
And of course any mission/Campaign that has Sgt. Adams in it is always good ;)

Good job, everyone involved.

• Like 6

Somewhat offtopic, but the mini campaign Eagle Wings for Arma 2 was also very well done, in terms of story and emotions. Really too bad it has not been remade into an A3 version

• Like 5

12 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

i have gotten the "Remnants of War" achievement for finishing the campaign, so the answer is "Yes"

Thx for the answer.

I finally got the ones with the IDAP showcase and the laws of war showcase too.

Currently playing the campaign.

All in all, it's very good so far.

Just one thing bothering me is the "lock" on the mines is sometimes random.

The biggest problem I have with this DLC is that I just can't stop thinking about "Lawns of War" and how angry neighbors are noise-fighting with lawn mowers on an otherwise peaceful sunday.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, lexx said:

The biggest problem I have with this DLC is that I just can't stop thinking about "Lawns of War" and how angry neighbors are noise-fighting with lawn mowers on an otherwise peaceful sunday.

Stay off the grass ;)

Thanks for that @R3vo

Has anyone else got the Bronze time trial achievement?  Despite having now got the bronze for all the 5 trials I can't seem to unlock the actual achievement.  Would be nice to get it given how many more grey hairs those trials gave me (especially the TT15 Off Road Excavations grrrr).

Also, so when are we getting to head over to South Lombakka?

• Like 2