DnA

Laws of War DLC Feedback

- A camera facing down on the demining drone to see if you're actually above a mine or not.

CTRL+Right click gives you the target camera.

Medical tents enterable for NATO CSAT AAF and Guerrillas?

JmJ5XMJ.jpg

Logistics and Medical assistance should have been a great addition for Arma 3 and this DLC.

48 minutes ago, lexx said:

CTRL+Right click gives you the target camera.

Oh, thanks

31 minutes ago, esfumato said:

Medical tents enterable for NATO CSAT AAF and Guerrillas?

You can easily "open" the tents with using the setTexture command on the open variants:

BAzE7ay.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ivanoff.N said:
  Hide contents

The mines in town do not disappear, except for that one on the armory roof which explodes after you use the deminig drone.I believe, you will have to disarm them all at the end to complete campaign. This campaign has some innovation as you basically play throught one continous mission. For example when you build a barricade of cars and go to the castle, in the later mission bobcat ploughs through the barricade and you will notice that the cars are in the same sequence you put them in previous mission. If you check out the changelog for the debranch, they introduced a module which allows for manipulation of objects baked into the map, that way they sort of teleport you back in time replacing busted houses with new ones etc. So I think that is how the mines remain on their positions after each mission. We will know for sure when they will release the dlc and subsequently unlock the campaign files to be viewed.  

The building is an armory,  and the laser designator is just a visual representation for the next mission which is airstrike, so it is just a laser designator. You can notice tha there is a simbolic item for every mission that tells you what it is about like boxes, leaflet, designator, cluster bomblings etc.

Spoiler

I think the mines in town did disappear for me. I remember now that I did diffuse more than 2 but I think I only diffused 4 plus the UXOs and I thought that there were at least a dozen. Maybe I'm just misremembering. I was playing pretty late at night and I might have just been tired and forgot how many there were or how many I diffused. Definitely noticed that other stuff though all of which was cool. I don't think the mines remaining in positions after every mission is really anything new. You've been able to do similar things since OFP:R I think. But they did use that ability to great effect in this campaign.

Utility workers can't repair vehicles when they have a toolkit in their inventory. I definitely feel like they should be able.

2 hours ago, Yezzooie said:

- The ability to open the rear doors of the ambulance/cargo van from the inside and/or outside.

You can open the doors from the inside if you are in one of the FFV positions, but I agree, being able to open them from everywhere inside and outside would be very welcome.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

You can open the doors from the inside if you are in one of the FFV positions, but I agree, being able to open them from everywhere inside and outside would be very welcome.

I know you can open the rear and side doors in the Transport van but I don't believe you can in the ambulance, cargo and services van.

Another thing I noticed is that the field of view is really unnatural if you're laying on the furthest back stretcher in the (IDAP) ambulance van. It's hard to explain but you'll notice when you experience.

Seems really awesome so far. Been fooling around with the van (which is awesome) and i've had a few physics problems related to explosions that i'm sure that you're already aware of but i'm gonna post them here anyways.

Includes: floating, bouncing very high into the sky (even though vehicle is only burning and then explodes), and falling through ground when tipped over:

Spoiler

https://image.prntscr.com/image/_cGnJv0AQGywzQueUZ81eA.jpg

36XxyUZ5SJiSeu29HtIAww.jpg

rff0PX4FRjm0xMHBa9KL1Q.jpg

16 hours ago, Yezzooie said:

Utility workers can't repair vehicles when they have a toolkit in their inventory. I definitely feel like they should be able.

Yup, changed it today so it should be available for devbranch users soon.

@neetch - I can confirm that issue - it's investigated right now & hopefully fix will be available pretty soon

• Like 4

Ive mostly finished the campaign now and i thought it was really well done. It was well written and for the first time since OFP it sounded like the voice actors were all in the same room when they recorded the voices.

Spoiler

I liked how we went back and forth in time and place through this little town. Showing places in the town in different points in time in realtime was a cool trick and really sold the differences in contrast from before and after the war, and it was nice to play as different characters and get to see the effects of their actions later as witnessed by others. It was also filled with some nice little details that made the world more believable, like stepping on the dead bodies near the church entrance will make one of the US soldiers call you an asshole.

I hope to see elements of this campaign return later in other BI products. ArmA3's campaign lacked good storytelling (they tried a little bit, and it worked but there wasn't much depth or fleshed out characters and it was mostly an excuse for 'go here and kill the baddies') and often it felt like Stratis was never more than a really big paintball map. ArmA2 was much more ambitious with its interaction with civilians and stuff but that campaign was so buggy and laggy it wasnt received that well, though i appreciated the effort. It does not have to be shooty all the the time, some downtime to develop characters and let the story breathe a little works great. Even after 15 years those who played OFP still remember the 'I spy with my little eye' scene where you are doing nothing but waiting.

It was good, and i hope to see more grown-up stories like this in the future. Who knows, maybe even something like 'Spec Ops: The Line'?

EDIT: I now remember that ArmA3 had that 'walking around on the base' between missions, which was alright and i liked that you could listen to some conversations, but apparently it didnt leave much of an impression. I guess it was too seperated from the rest of the game, and there wasnt really anything to do besides walking around empty landscape for some side missions, but those too lacked any story behind it. The Witcher 3 would be a good example of how to set those up properly.

Damn, I just noticed you can press U in the main menu and the background scene will switch. This is pretty cool.

• Like 2

Those who have the beta have already revealed the entire campaign on youtube.  Shameful spoiler

First of all, I thank Bohemia for the game and its expansions, as it gives me many hours of fun.

And I would suggest a few things if possible.

1- That the open area for a little bigger or a little more to the left side, because today the visibility is not very good especially at night.

GikFuQT.jpg

2- Increase the headlamp illumination a little, because you can not tell if it is on or not, which does not help the visibility at night.

Ligth off

vqwZiqh.jpg

Light on

xHPd3Hw.jpg

* You only notice when using NVG, but not all missions this will be possible.

Light off with NVG

RFIsBxw.jpg

Light on NVG

65wl57M.jpg

3- The possibility of loading a small object or vehicle in the rear of the Van, thus the occupied place will be blocked for AI/Player, same will be if the character occupy the place of the cargo where it will block for object.

VUV3dQT.jpg

jdOI4Cw.jpg

sIJrDF7.jpg

4- That the seat occupied by the second soldier is possible to fire, since it has frontal vision of the vehicle when the door is open.

GXAG8Q4.jpg

Second soldier

aTI1bcu.jpg

* Allow the character to stay with the weapon(compact rifles or SMG) in combat form, even when the door is closed, as this will give a possibility of a quick action before the door finishes the open animation.

yeEOumt.jpg

5b3P19L.jpg

English by Google Translator.

5- A transport van without the rear windows.

• Like 3

On 8/12/2017 at 1:21 AM, lexx said:

By the way, that narrator voice was pretty good, but I could not stop imagining this NATO dude from the Apex campaign. From the very first moment I was like "hey, that's the same guy, isn't it?" which felt a tad distracting.

I concede that they're similar, but - for the record - this is a new (for A3) set of actors (Dan Brown and 'Splendid cameos' aside). Nathan is voiced by Lane Davies, while the CTRG Commander from AP is Bob Boudreaux. :)

Also, generally, thanks to all for their feedback - on this, and other threads - thus far; lots of good points, and plenty of ammunition for debates inside the dev team!

(p.s. the lack of an orange emoticon on these forums must be a priority 1 fix! :face_palm:)

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, royaltyinexile said:

(p.s. the lack of an orange emoticon on these forums must be a priority 1 fix! :face_palm:)

Your orange, majesty Crowe  tangerine_1f34a.png 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sasha013 said:

Not sure IDAP need this:

Vsx0pMM.png

Running Arma 3 RC 1.76. 

Rubber bullets?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Igor Nikolaev said:

Rubber bullets?

Morphine syringes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sasha013 said:

Not sure IDAP need this:

Vsx0pMM.png

Running Arma 3 RC 1.76. 

Rubber bullets and Tear gas.

This should be called "laws of DLC flop" you expect me to pay for a van, some clothing and other minor garbage that I can find on Armaholic?? no thanks.

You should have saved the suspense and released this for Project Argo.....this DLC rubbish and Project Argo are on the same page.  Arma3 and "Laws of DLC flop" is a different novel all together

I expect that as in this DLC have not been included any mission where you have to take into account to not to kill civilians. It will be included in Tact-Ops.

Posts about rubber bullets and tear gas: if you're being sarcastic, fine, but if your comment was serious then Jesus, IDAP are an aid organisation for humanitarian purposes, not the Riot Police (or SWAT for the matter)!

What good would that do for them? :headscratch: