DnA

Laws of War DLC Feedback

Interesting how almost every gauge, turn and roll indicator and compass in the past few DLCs were either reverse, upside down or inverse. T126894

20171007011459_1.jpg

• Like 1

Not sure if this problem is already mentioned ánd if this is the right place (if not, please forgive me and feel free to move it).

Anyway, since this dlc I'm having problems with the UAV. Flying in pilot mode goes well, but when I switch to terminal, the thing goes wild. It starts spinning around and impossible to keep it still when hovering for monitor mode (yes, also with auto pilot on).

Known problem? Am I doing something wrong?

On 13/08/2017 at 2:41 PM, lexx said:

You can easily "open" the tents with using the setTexture command on the open variants:

I'm going to need the names of the textures and an example of the code.

Should I put the command in init of the tents in the editor?

You can easily find the texture paths in the config viewer. But as I was just looking them up as well...

Nato:

this setObjectTexture [0,"\A3\Structures_F_Orange\Humanitarian\Camps\Data\MedicalTent_01_tropic_F_CO.paa"];

AAF:

this setObjectTexture [0,"\A3\Structures_F_Orange\Humanitarian\Camps\Data\MedicalTent_01_digital_F_CO.paa"];

CSAT:

this setObjectTexture [0,"\A3\Structures_F_Orange\Humanitarian\Camps\Data\MedicalTent_01_brownhex_F_CO.paa"];

Just put the code into the tent's init field.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2017 at 12:10 PM, FoxFort said:

After reading Article at the end:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/615/323/027.jpg

Overall it is a good DLC, +1 for campaign, good job on that. I haven't played A3 for months, I've been "out of a game". The new Helmets, are they free to be retextured, if yes can those who don't have the DLC use it?

Nope, not free.  I found this out after equipping my player with a helmet and getting spammed with all kinds of "Purchase Laws of War DLC"

I might understand a weapon or vehicle..but a helmet??!!  Really BI??!!  That's pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

Nope, not free.  I found this out after equipping my player with a helmet and getting spammed with all kinds of "Purchase Laws of War DLC"

I might understand a weapon or vehicle..but a helmet??!!  Really BI??!!  That's pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

Yes, and you didn't see the worse. A new DLC for 3 added campaigns in "TAC-OPS". No added unit nor gear. Just:

a series of 'tactical operations'. The Arma 3 Tac-Ops DLC will deliver new singleplayer scenarios that focus upon challenging, replayable, and authentic military gameplay

Don't wait for any improvement. Some change perhaps, but not improvement.

Seriously? Just have a laugh (or cry) here.

How can BI have some ambition in tactics while so poor AI behavior? Is it necessary to remind the bad AI driving? Just to make us forget what should have been corrected for ages? I bet for the opposite effect.

The good point: it's cheap! The very good point: it's totally optional!

48 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Yes, and you didn't see the worse. A new DLC for 3 added campaigns in "TAC-OPS". No added unit nor gear. Just:

a series of 'tactical operations'. The Arma 3 Tac-Ops DLC will deliver new singleplayer scenarios that focus upon challenging, replayable, and authentic military gameplay

And that's why it costs a mere $6, which is not even a default size pizza around here.

14 minutes ago, lexx said:

And that's why it costs a mere $6, which is not even a default size pizza around here.

Pizza is more substantial.

I like a lot the LoW DLC, but some bugs were very annoying. All my tactical approach to The Redacted mission was just a waist of time.

• Thanks 1

Yep! It's a risky bet to issue a paid DLC for "tactics", only based upon ambitious scenarios and not curing some AI behaviors. This leads to further question about Tanks DLC.

On 12/3/2017 at 5:53 PM, pierremgi said:

Pizza is more substantial.

Don't like it, don't buy it. ezpz

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Not a price question. Just the fact that community worth better than poor DLCs with no improvement while the feedback tracker and forums are full of weird behaviors or non-implemented basic ones. The straw that broke the camels back is BI praising for "tactical" ops with dumb AIs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Not practical advice for solving issues. This advice is given to people whose lifelong position is to make all the instructions, express claims.
- there was one drone with a problem, now there are four of them
- There are a lot of machines in the game. AI drivers have a lot of problems
- The game is four years old, the problems of tanks are being solved only now
............. And so on.
I apologize for the question - Who needs a doctor?

• Like 1

@pierremgi

Well as far as I remember the TacOps DLC was never advertised as anything else but exactly what we got, three mini-campaigns for single player. I therefore fail to see the relevance of the complaints, hence my recommendation not to buy it if you don't like it., I would agree with your sentiment if it was in some way misrepresented as being something more than it is, but this is not the case.

When I read the announcement, I had hoped for more as well, since I am not too much into single player with Arma. 

@lex__1 
There is undoubtedly a good deal of issues remaining in Arma 3; as a mission maker myself I suffer quite a bit from the AI driving. However, this is in no way relevant to the matter at hand. The TacOps DLC was announced and released as a single player DLC and was not misrepresented as anything else. All complaints to that extend are like the usual YouTube comment of "please make an FPS DLC first". 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

The TacOps DLC was announced and released as a single player DLC and was not misrepresented as anything else.

The same questions are raised in each issue of the DLC.
I can not express my dissatisfaction with the release of DLC. Excellent missions, I played them with interest, but the pleasure was not complete. As before, the base of problematic issues is replenished with new, repetitive replicas. DLC inherits old problems, and this is not a good approach to product release.
It's like a jamming mechanism, you can pour in a lot of oil with a new formula, but it does not help if the problem is in the gear.

• Like 2

Just noticed the gendarmerie vans, not sure when they were added but thanks a lot.:don16:

Police faction is more fleshed out now, a 4-seat cabin variant for the offroad would also have been nice but having more police vehicles especially the vans adds more meat for the civ faction.

On 25.9.2017 at 6:42 AM, dk||ses|| said:

is there a possibility for the last mission of the campaign where they talk about the whole of altis is riddled with minefields that you could make it able to go and clear it out as part of clean up job.. mean this obviously for real not sarcastic.

and also if idap was gonna have more equiptment for mineclearing i dont think a tank is something theyd be driving around in. more like a Hydrema 910 mineflail.

hydrema910mcv6.jpg

On 29.9.2017 at 12:36 AM, pipyn1970 said:

I was a little dissapointed With the civilian faction guys. It would of been nice to have women, farmers, tractors maybe?

As we are focusing on how war effects not only troops but the Civ Pop, It would of been nice to see people returning home now the village was made safe and maybe more use of the bulldog or a proper anti mine roller on the hunter.

On 13.9.2017 at 3:28 AM, maxl30 said:

First it is an great DLC and also an great Campaign !

But i have an IDEA for an Update for Laws of War or an new feture for Tanks DLC - we NEED an REAL ANTI MINE TANK !

The Bobcat with the shield and the engeneering crane is an Sapper/Engeneering vihicle/tank !!!

In the reality it blows up !!!! 

Make an Mine Roller for the Hunter, Fenneck and the russian thing or for the Tanks

Like this: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxOVPt2ueT8

Oooor an real anti mine tank/vehicle with rotoring bars like this: 

SORRY, but bobcat sucks !

I hope i see my Ideas in the future Arma ^^

I think the Arma Community and the BI Studios arent interesst about that :(

In "The Redacted", can you please improve our teammates AI skill a lot?

These guys are SF operators but they can't aim and fire at a still target.

I can't properly have a sync shot with them, they always miss.

Feedback ticket:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128004

I just finished LoW campaign and i didn't have any major issues except in the Redacted mission.Where i tried almost every approach but failed as mentioned above.And a small bug where i came back to present from a memory and my character is stuck in walk mode.But i could still sprint with shift.I'm no expert at defusing and stuff but the story was f@cking awesome i gotta say.The way it unfolds,the protagonist explains and you play the missions.And the memories and the music that was playing,when you see how the vilage was before the war and how it is now.Just briliant.One of BIs finest works.And it's not very small either.It took me almost 10h to play all the missions and find all the memories.It doesn't have to be always about new equipment we can use in game.Sometimes a new experience we live through a campaign is better.The feeling will remain forever.For me it's worth every cent.And the fact that the money goes to a good cause,makes it even more special.

• Like 1

Dear all,

I usually do not play on computer, but as an humanitarian worker, this Laws of war DCL picked up my curiosity and for this reason, I bought Arma III with this DCL and tried it a little bit.

I greatly appreciate the efforts to bring those considerations into the game. I believe there is room for improvement though. In particular, the various scenarii could be enriched with humanitarian considerations like crossing with civilians fleeing the combat zone or finding them hidden inside building, dealing with wounded enemies or prisoners, etc. The only topics I have observed were discussions between the 1st person and local army officers suspected of dealing badly with rebels...

As I said, great that this DCL was created and I hope it will improve further.

Best regards,

Pierre

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pierre van Male said:

Dear all,

I usually do not play on computer, but as an humanitarian worker, this Laws of war DCL picked up my curiosity and for this reason, I bought Arma III with this DCL and tried it a little bit.

I greatly appreciate the efforts to bring those considerations into the game. I believe there is room for improvement though. In particular, the various scenarii could be enriched with humanitarian considerations like crossing with civilians fleeing the combat zone or finding them hidden inside building, dealing with wounded enemies or prisoners, etc. The only topics I have observed were discussions between the 1st person and local army officers suspected of dealing badly with rebels...

As I said, great that this DCL was created and I hope it will improve further.

Best regards,

Pierre

It's always great to hear from those who've had real-life experience. It sounds like you are playing through the "East Wind" campaign at the moment? That's the old campaign which comes with the base game. I recommend you check out the "Remnants of War" campaign which was introduced with the Laws of War DLC and which takes inspiration from the ICRC and International Humanitarian Law. It should be more up your alley.

I also recommend the 3 mini-campaigns you can play if you have the Tac-Ops DLC (Beyond Hope, Stepping Stone, Steel Pegasus) since it includes the best crafted single-player scenarios in Arma 3 in my opinion and incorporates more issues of humanitarian law in comparison to East Wind. 

Sure! On the other hand, I feel alone with my civilian/friendly kill punishment (temporary renegade)... The vanilla one is way too simple.