DnA

Laws of War DLC Feedback

1 hour ago, Rich_R said:

At the risk of sounding like a fan boy, I'm loving the latest additions to the game. Understanding this comes from someone who spends most of their time making missions, the assets delivered in the DLC fill the gaps of making the Arma world that much more realistic.

From the wall-hanging whiteboards to the new tents and blood splatter, everything included is stuff I've had on an object wish list. What's nicer, they're customizable! Add to this the object modules which allow us to eliminate and manage map objects, it's sort of a game-changing DLC.

Nice to see the Jets DLC getting love with the on deck assets simply awesome.

Looking forward to playing through the campaign.

Great job BI!

Agree 100% its always great to receive new things to play with in the mission editor - some great looking assets, thanx BIS

• Like 2

One thing that immediately attracted my attention: PROPER CUTSCENES! :icon_biggrin: Not those boring "walk in" conversations in first person. Nice, BI! 

Ok, continuing playing....

1 hour ago, Siegfried Backwasch said:

w8nll2.jpgI have an question what does this symbole mean?

Cargo indicator

I am having trouble finding new "bomb run" function for the CAS module. How is this supposed to work after I have link all the support requester to the player and the CAS module to the support requester. I have tried the virtual and the live version. It appears nothing has change all the usual types of CAS plane support is there except bomb runs. What does bomb run mean actually mean. Is it multiple munitions are dropped at the same time or the typical one munition dropped. Does guided or unguided matter?

Thanks

Added: The CAS module now supports bomb runs (including cluster bombs)

22 hours ago, reaper lok said:

Editor - empty - search box and type idap (all the idap assets can be seen there) OR type Tent in the search box and all the new tent skins are visible to view and use.

I can't seem to find the IDAP version of the small and large IR masking tent (the tents that ares immediately on the left in the showcase mission).

Am not looking correctly or haven't they been added to the editor yet?

Haven't checked out the campaign yet but plan on it.  Overall I'm impressed with how big of a turn around ArmA 3 has been with optimizations and additional content.  Definitely the coolest war simulator out there.  

Untouchable with the mod content.  I got over 2000 hours in this game an most of spent in the editor creating cool scenarios.  

I like how Laws of War brings attention towards the consequences of war and the lasting effects mines and un-exploded ordinance plague countries for long after the battles fought.  

Since I'm always fooling around in the editor I appreciate the new props for houses like chairs and couches.  (We could use more, or mod more interior design stuff for mission immersion.) 

An those vans with FFV are too sick.  

• Like 1

This DLC ruined my saved games.  I spent countless hours saving games from user missions, now can't use any of them.  Thanks Steam for forcing this upgrade.

I really like the attention to detail of this DLC.  The faction is very believable - I like the "shaking hands" motif that very much looks like the wings of a dove (ie peace).  Very nicely done Bohemia.  When I get a bit of cash, I'll buy the DLC and check out the campaign.  For now though, I would like to say thanks as you've let everyone use all the cool new models in scenarios without demanding ££.  I've got a new (for me) game-mode on the boil and it was super-sweet that I could include your new stuff (to highlight it to people) for free.  

Much obliged Bohemian dudes x

• Like 6

Hello everyone,

I tested a dozens of hours the new DLC laws of war. I love its content. It is an original way of sensitizing us to the difficulties encountered in humanitarian aid. Very nice work bohemian.

On the other hand, currently I'm doing the campaign and the chapter with the survivor is incredibly difficult. It is extremely hard for several reasons :

1) Very low fps. I was forced to reduce my graphic details to a minimum to keep the 30 fps (geforce 970, core i7, 16go ram ...)
2) I play in difficulty personalized and impossible to understand or his allies without dying 30 times. I just lower my difficulty settings to help me. I would have liked to have some info on the playground ...

Well, I stop raging, I go back to play!

EDIT: I just understand, gg bohemian ;-) (I will not spoiler you)

Edited by RedBelette
I just understood the "trick" of the mission
  • Like 2

I'm enjoying this "different" campaign and I would like to compliment the team on having a real karate kata (or at least part of it) well animated in one of the memories in Oreokastro.

That was really a nice touch.

16 hours ago, joostsidy said:

I can't seem to find the IDAP version of the small and large IR masking tent (the tents that ares immediately on the left in the showcase mission).

Am not looking correctly or haven't they been added to the editor yet?

Found my own answer: they are called 'canvas cover' in the editor.

About the campaign... brilliant. So far a best piece of official playable content in Arma 3 to me. Everyting is great, I see no cons. I love the calm pace, fresh point of view (grass at your feets...), mature, retrospective, very well done and innovative narration, great voice acting, these neat little ideas, that any mission maker should notice with appreciation, such kind of immersion and new features around mines, finally the topic, all polished, saw no bugs... Truly, a small jewel of interactive storytelling. So no constructive crticism, sorry, I spot nothing to criticize. And the thing with 

Spoiler

"find the brother at the church"?

Just haha. Nice touch... or a coincidence? Made me smiling either way. :)

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Rydygier said:

And the thing with 

Hide contents

Huh, what do you mean here?

All in all I can only agree with Rydygier, this DLC is amazing. The campaign (still playing it) really is fantastic and well done in terms of storytelling and design - at last we again got a full-packed story driven campaign! Many details to digest, great atmosphere and great embedding and references (in)to the rest of the Armaverse and its timeline.

Well done, Amsterdam guys!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

Reveal hidden contents

Let's call it a homage ;) 

• Like 7

Huh, what do you mean here?

It's a small but rather evident reference to the Pilgrimage mission plot. 

Let's call it a homage ;) 

Suddenly humble me felt like a liege lord. :) Thanks, ladies and sirs, I'm honored. 

• Like 5

Yeah, the subtle nod to Pilgrimage at the very outset of the campaign is a really nice touch by BI. ^^

The flashback sequences in particular are fresh, innovative and very well executed. (Any reference material on how these were achieved would be most welcome.) 

You guys have set a pretty high bar for the forthcoming Tac-Ops DLC.

ArmA 3 may be four years old but she still kicks ass. 

• Like 2

Finished the campaign now.

Spoiler

Damn, I really felt bad crawling around in the church grounds seeing all these bodes which I (as the player, playing as the brother earlier) was responsible for. 

Also felt bad because a poor guy that doesn't have to do anything with it (Nathan) had to put himself into danger defusing these mines.

BI, again - fantastic job! Can't remember being so pensive in a game, feeling the weight of consequences - especially when others have to carry the can for other's fuckups.

Oh, and reading Scott Alsworth so many times in the credits I know now why there's no Resist 2 yet. :icon_biggrin: ( @Kydoimos) Good job, mate.

1 hour ago, Rydygier said:

It's a small but rather evident reference to the Pilgrimage mission plot. 

Ah, now I get it. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 4

Hey!

Yesterday I was browsing the forums on my phone and found a very interesting info, sadly, I can't remember where exactly it was.

Spoiler

To the point, someone mentioned that in a certain mission, the  one with the CSAT cluster-bombing the town, if I remember correctly, you are able to see a person in CTRG camo. Could someone please specify where exactly you can find this person? I am curious myself. :smile_o: Right now, I am aiming my laser designator at the town, inspected each person carefully, but no CTRG camo.

After completing the campaign, I quite enjoyed it other than my criticisms in the other thread regarding the required accuracy and sometimes dumb luck with the drone to get rid of AT mines. If there was a little more leeway in accuracy there by a meter or two I'd have zero criticisms; it was worth the price of admission for me. Curious what everyone else's "final decision" was, I won't say any more than that.

• Like 1

Curious what everyone else's "final decision" was

To me, last one was the closest to the truth, although not 100% accurate. 

• Like 1

I went with "everyone is at fault", because I feel you can't just blame one group.

6 hours ago, Mynock said:

After completing the campaign, I quite enjoyed it other than my criticisms in the other thread regarding the required accuracy and sometimes dumb luck with the drone to get rid of AT mines. If there was a little more leeway in accuracy there by a meter or two I'd have zero criticisms; it was worth the price of admission for me. Curious what everyone else's "final decision" was, I won't say any more than that.

That mission was a pain but I worked a way round it buy using the 'x' key to activate auto hover when necessary. Unfortunately selecting it on the menu alone doesn't help.   

Discarding my last post in this thread, I also went with "everyone is at fault" option, although I was really tempted to choose "NATO" instead. Because

Spoiler

I have finally found the CTRG unit in the end mission cutscene - I was thinking that they were monitoring the bombing from a distance before. And I am strongly convinced that they were really there.

But, nobody can be sure!

2 hours ago, XerXesCZ said:

Discarding my last post in this thread, I also went with "everyone is at fault" option, although I was really tempted to choose "NATO" instead. Because

Hide contents

I have finally found the CTRG unit in the end mission cutscene - I was thinking that they were monitoring the bombing from a distance before. And I am strongly convinced that they were really there.

But, nobody can be sure!

Man, if Miller...

Spoiler

...has his fingers in the pie again, then... Ok, I have to calm down...

I also saw the CSAT specops "turning into" the CTRG guys, but the narration left it open if they really were there or not. Awesome story detail.

EDIT:

Spoiler

Noticed that it would not be again, as the events of RoW were before East Wind, or am I wrong?

But from the player's view it was a cheeky move from BI for sure. :icon_biggrin: