DnA

Laws of War DLC Feedback

30 minutes ago, sasha013 said:

Posts about rubber bullets and tear gas: if you're being sarcastic, fine, but if your comment was serious then Jesus, IDAP are an aid organisation for humanitarian purposes, not the Riot Police (or SWAT for the matter)!

What good would that do for them? :headscratch:

T'was a joke my Internet friend :) 

The campaign was great BTW...  Let's have a talk... as friends 

Spoiler

A more fleshed out first aid system would have hit the spot right after the cluster bomb fell and I had to sneak around Oreo  :down:

53 minutes ago, Maio said:

T'was a joke my Internet friend :) 

Reveal hidden contents

A more fleshed out first aid system would have hit the spot right after the cluster bomb fell and I had to sneak around Oreo  :down:

OK, my bad... just wish they'd invent a sarcastic font :)

18 hours ago, sasha013 said:

OK, my bad... just wish they'd invent a sarcastic font :)

Sarcasm colleague, just sarcasm ;) :don9:

• Like 1

Gassing/knocking hostiles out would still be more realistic than blasting them with 12.7mm or the 40mm GMG.

If there were a decent  civilian faction with women how  Arma 2 perhaps it would make sense this dcl

1 hour ago, correyvola said:

If there were a decent  civilian faction with women how  Arma 2 perhaps it would make sense this dcl

DLC isn't about women, but about humanitarian aid

Thread Clean-up in progress. 

The attacks/aspersions can cease at any time now. 

Feedback and constructive criticism is what has been solicited by BI Staff. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2017 at 0:57 AM, Igor Nikolaev said:

DLC isn't about women, but about humanitarian aid

Funny story - literally the first picture that pops up for me on Google when I enter "Humanitarian Aid" has women on it...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ss9 said:

There are things from Arma 2 and OA that were left out of A3 or things that simply went backwards.  That is the problem.

Much of what that is has already been mentioned.

Indeed. The biggest issue in this respect is that civilian life seems to have completely died out in Arma 3. As I said before, Arma 2 was praised in some reviews for actua interactions with civilians, but all of that has been removed from Arma 3.  ALICE and SILVIE (Ambient Civilians and Ambient Vehicle modules) from Arma 2 allowed for easily adding the civilian faction to the map, in a (mostly) lag-friendly way. With CUP we had thought about porting these again (I believe Varanon already has completed at least one of them, ALICE aka Ambient Civilians IIRC) but required information that was part of Arma 2's maps and models have not been taken over into Arma 3, making these essentially useless on anything but CUP terrains.

I have long expected that the Orange DLC would be about Humanitarian Aid, and I had hoped that these aspects of Arma 2 would be somewhat revived, which is why I am somewhat disappointed with the DLC. Ambiance is, IMO, quite important for an immersive game experience, but at the moment, achieving it is simply too much effort, more so since the civilian "site" modules have also been removed (I suspect because there was not enough assets to make a site "Fishing Village" look convincing, which leads me back to my earlier criticism about the lack of variety).

• Like 1

On 23/08/2017 at 1:54 PM, Alwarren said:

Indeed. The biggest issue in this respect is that civilian life seems to have completely died out in Arma 3. As I said before, Arma 2 was praised in some reviews for actua interactions with civilians, but all of that has been removed from Arma 3.  ALICE and SILVIE (Ambient Civilians and Ambient Vehicle modules) from Arma 2 allowed for easily adding the civilian faction to the map, in a (mostly) lag-friendly way. With CUP we had thought about porting these again (I believe Varanon already has completed at least one of them, ALICE aka Ambient Civilians IIRC) but required information that was part of Arma 2's maps and models have not been taken over into Arma 3, making these essentially useless on anything but CUP terrains.

I have long expected that the Orange DLC would be about Humanitarian Aid, and I had hoped that these aspects of Arma 2 would be somewhat revived, which is why I am somewhat disappointed with the DLC. Ambiance is, IMO, quite important for an immersive game experience, but at the moment, achieving it is simply too much effort, more so since the civilian "site" modules have also been removed (I suspect because there was not enough assets to make a site "Fishing Village" look convincing, which leads me back to my earlier criticism about the lack of variety).

This has always bothered me since the first day of release. In the beginning I always told myself that, well, BI are continuously developing the game (which deserves more credit than realised) so in the end, eventually, the Civilian Ambient Modules would make a comeback some day. 

Yet, alas, they never have. A shame really, I did enjoy using those. They did add to the experience of the gaming. 

However I'll be honest in saying that if it were for me, I would rather put priority in improving squad formation and movement within the game, including (and it's about due bloody time) a much improved communication system (for squad, support etc), which hasn't seen change since OFP..!

I am having a error in dev branch that is causing a complete system shutdown, including OS (win 10 64 bit).  MY computer is put together myself and no other game is having this serious issue.   I have 2 r290's installed and have the driver 17.7.2 installed and will try the option 17.8.2 update.  I will add my dixdiag on this post

Humanitarian aid accompanying the laws of war, historically women have been involved, let us not diminish their work by not including them in the scenarios for what aid they devoted to the causalities of war. 

In my own opinion, I know women that have served in the infantry and would enjoy playing this game.  Just because being a women while serving their country of origin, does not make them of less value in the military nor invisible to the country they have served.  This is just my personal opinion, but at the very least add civilian women as characters in the scenario as humanitarian aid NGO's  to acknowledge their history and sacrifice in it (as BI is awesome in its way that it is donating profits to humanitarian organizations with this DLC purchases)..

for Clara

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Red_Cross

Agree with the quote below...

On 8/23/2017 at 7:44 AM, Alwarren said:

Funny story - literally the first picture that pops up for me on Google when I enter "Humanitarian Aid" has women on it...

On 8/12/2017 at 1:49 PM, uragan667 said:

will be added also female and child civilians?

I dont think the population of Stratis and Altis can survive much longer with just male inhabitants.

Children as soldiers not needed, but like civilians i think its necessary, Red cross doesn't  provide assistance only to adults males.

Kid's is also in MG and no one condemns it, it's cruel, but that's reality.

EDIT found the error it was my mistake, I had 3den Enhanced and CBA_A3 on.  Have no clue why I mod would cause a full system crash.

Doh my bad!

I really loved the little branching in the campaign giving consequences to your actions. Stuff like [plot spoilers!]... It really gave the campaign much more ambience and immersion (especially with the dialogue on all the little branches, and ending variants)

Spoiler

executing wounded EI during the Major mission, with dialogue consequences, or leaving them be

executing (or not) the wounded FIA guerrila fighter during the same mission - was that actually one of the brothers who joined the FIA? I think so... must replay that. Dialogue seemed to hint it was actually the brother.

waiting until the IDAP doctor leaves back for the church before launching the airstrike (are there more options? Can you launch the strike closer to the IDAP camp with consequences?)

and possibly some more.

I was wondering about the plot and the Humane achievement [plot spoiler and plot question]:

Spoiler

Since the first time during the strike mission I deliberately waited till the doctor runs away from the danger zone just as I ID'd him as a noncombatant, and I obstained from killing the wounded combatants during Major (apart from killing one by mistake but reloading the mission), but still I missed the Humane achievement. Did I miss another scene that mattered for that during previous missions for that, or was it just (quite possibly) some wounded EI that got killed by mistake or crossfire / second mine explosion accidentaly at the church?

Little confusing thing/bug about the Major mission:

Spoiler

If you mine the surroundings, take out the fighting EI but leave the wounded alone, the Major still stays in the church refusing to move, even giving me orders to target that infantry (who is wriggling on the floor, clearly wounded and out of combat). I had to move way out of the church (uncontested by then, since most (all?) EI was either dead or wounded and out of combat), when little below the road in the valley a trigger teleported him to just behind me and triggered the AAF plane and helicopter arriving. That was a bit confusing as for quite some time I had been just wandering around conflicted between "protecting the Major" who just stayed put and "exfil". Did I miss some far away EI still active (not wounded) or is that a bug / intended?

The airstrike mission question [armaverse plot spoiler]

Spoiler

Is the character that blinks in (seen from behind) after you exfiltrate, when the dialogue talks about whether it was CSAT or NATO (or more precisely, CTRG, which is obviously unknown to Nathan, as they have the CTRG tech and camo), actually cpt. Miller? It's been some time I last played the main A3 campaign to remember him that well to ID him just from a seen from behind scene. Would be really nice to ID that for the armaverse timeline (even though it is just speculation if it was really CSAT or CTRG in the first place).

Overall, I quite liked the campaign. Some fresh ideas, nice execution (pun not intended), pacing and the flashbacks. Especially from the experience of working with actual IDPs and refugees from armed conflicts some years ago.

Some criticism from gameplay perspective:

The mine detector seems to be too easy, almost magical. Combined with spamming T key when you can't even see the mine/UXO due to grass, it is too simple to just run around and ID all the mines/UXOs. Same with demining, you can do it easily from standing up, perhaps crawling to them like in A2:BAF would be better. Maybe tone the mine detection radius and precision (at least on higher difficulty) and explode the mines unless you approach them crawling slowly would add some tension. Or it might make the demining the whole town too long and tedious. Dunno.  Though, since it is a gameplay mechanism that will surely get used by community mission makers, some means of configuring it or toning down might be good. Placing actual flags there from the inventory would make sense as well, instead of the HUD markers.

2 hours ago, fraczek said:

The airstrike mission question [armaverse plot spoiler]

Hide contents

Is the character that blinks in (seen from behind) after you exfiltrate, when the dialogue talks about whether it was CSAT or NATO (or more precisely, CTRG, which is obviously unknown to Nathan, as they have the CTRG tech and camo), actually cpt. Miller? It's been some time I last played the main A3 campaign to remember him that well to ID him just from a seen from behind scene. Would be really nice to ID that for the armaverse timeline (even though it is just speculation if it was really CSAT or CTRG in the first place).

Spoiler

Yeah i am pretty sure that is him, though my memories of the ArmA3 campaign are too fuzzy to understand why he would be there or if it makes any sense. :p 

Spoiler

It is a CTRG team skin.

Whether it's actually Miller or not, only the devs can answer that.

@fraczek

Here you are for the achievement

13 hours ago, wiki said:
  Hide contents

It is a CTRG team skin.

Whether it's actually Miller or not, only the devs can answer that.

Spoiler

No i am pretty sure they used Miller. As far as i know he is the only model that has modeled hair (instead of just a texture like normal soldiers) and he doesn't wear a helmet by default.

It's Miller and I'm pretty sure this (and other hints dropped here and there) are indication enough to assume that it was *not* CSAT who did this, but CTRG. It also fits exactly into their black-ops-shady-business plan.

Spoiler

Well, if it was them, at least the CTRG did partly observe LOAC and waited for the medic to evacuate (at least in my playtrough :D ) Although I guess the canon version is that CSAT did it, whoever it really was, similar to the canon of the A2 PMC campaign (where you could uncover ION's dirty nuke proliferation plans in one ending, but canon stated you didn't and murdered the inspectors). And if it indeed was CTRG, I wonder why did they not just source a few Katibas or generic weaponry for the op, why leave NATO shell casings lying around? Everybody knows in real conflict, shell casings have ID'd weapon imports and shady weapon deals in conflicts quite a few times...

But sorry, I am not sure that belongs in the feedback thread. Feel free to move it if there is a campaign [spoilers] thread...

I mean

Spoiler

yes it was the skin of Miller. But was it actually the character of Miller? Or did they just use the skin to make sure the player understand it was CTRG?
IMHO, I believe it was actually the CTRG who conducted the JTAC mission.

17 hours ago, wiki said:

I mean

Hide contents

yes it was the skin of Miller. But was it actually the character of Miller? Or did they just use the skin to make sure the player understand it was CTRG?
IMHO, I believe it was actually the CTRG who conducted the JTAC mission.

Spoiler

by now we can take for granted that tensions between the FIA and AAF have been caused by CTRG... as the Stratis accident.

Deos anyone know where i can find the tent skins?

Just finished campaign right now. Don't know who designed the history exactly, but that man/women deserve a raise!! Probably one of the best campaigns in armaverse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kerozen said:

Still inaccessible because binarized? I couldn't find them on the 'p-drive'

It's so cool that they added the if-tents with plain colors so we can (probably) repaint them for other factions than just Tanoa CSAT.

All the confurable options that the van has shows where Arma vehicles can go in a future Arma 4.

I really like this DLC. Something was promised between karts and regular dlc's and they delivered well IMO!

7 hours ago, kerozen said:

Editor - empty - search box and type idap (all the idap assets can be seen there) OR type Tent in the search box and all the new tent skins are visible to view and use.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, reaper lok said:

Editor - empty - search box and type idap (all the idap assets can be seen there) OR type Tent in the search box and all the new tent skins are visible to view and use.

Ah, I thought he meant the actual textures, but you are probably right and this is more helpful.

• Like 1

At the risk of sounding like a fan boy, I'm loving the latest additions to the game. Understanding this comes from someone who spends most of their time making missions, the assets delivered in the DLC fill the gaps of making the Arma world that much more realistic.

From the wall-hanging whiteboards to the new tents and blood splatter, everything included is stuff I've had on an object wish list. What's nicer, they're customizable! Add to this the object modules which allow us to eliminate and manage map objects, it's sort of a game-changing DLC.

Nice to see the Jets DLC getting love with the on-deck assets, simply awesome.

Looking forward to playing through the campaign.

Great job BI!

• Like 3