DnA

Laws of War DLC Feedback

So no advanced first aid? Bummer :( 

The rest looks ok though :) 

• Like 3

Small request, but one which would be extremely useful - have the Ear Protectors actually reduce volume, in much the same way that Ace's ear plugs do instead of them merely being cosmetic?

• Like 1

Looks very interesting!

At least we get a mine detector that works when the HUD is disabled!

-Does it actually bring working logistics?

-Can you load a patient on the stretcher and the stretcher into the ambulance?

-Can you put dead body's inside body bags and load the bags inside vehicles?

Any improvements to the medical system?

Black variant of the helmet would be appreciated as well, since we're talking about alternative textures of new assets.

• Like 1

So far:

- the "next panel mode" in the action menu is still there - need to fix that.

- can't disarm the mines even with the detector and the tool box. I can see where the mines are, but nothing more. no option to disarm them.

- in the VR training, in the 1st room, there are only civilians and can't progress unless i kill the armed civilian.

However, the guy IS a civilian...

6 minutes ago, wiki said:

- can't disarm the mines even with the detector and the tool box. I can see where the mines are, but nothing more. no option to disarm them.

- in the VR training, in the 1st room, there are only civilians and can't progress unless i kill the armed civilian.

However, the guy IS a civilian...

You need to target the mines first, then while prone deactivate them. It's in the hints. 

It's an armed civilian (that shoots you). Hence an enemy combatant. 

Just wanted to say, im in "The Survivor" now and the Campagne is a blast !

Personally i think its the best official piece of SP content for Arma 3 for now, at least im enjoying at as much...!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, mistyronin said:

You need to target the mines first, then while prone deactivate them. It's in the hints. 

It's an armed civilian (that shoots you). Hence an enemy combatant. 

That's what I do and nothin' happens...

EDIT:

Ah yeah, got it.

Pffff.... seems random.

The lock / target doesn't work well.

Gotta click numerous times on the keybind to have a chance to tagert it, even if i am 5cm away from it.

• Like 1

Umm yeah nahh, I'll probably get it anyway cos I like to support this company but personally I'm not really interested in any moral lecturing in a war game, I don't get it?  I don't see how I can incorporate this into any of my missions meaningfully, other than probably shooting at them :) (just jokes to the uptight) of course if it comes with some first aid functionality then that's different maybe, but there's a good script or 2 I'm using already... other than that this feels as cheesy as giving the white helmets an Oscar lol... Doesn't interest me, I'd prefer they made textures so I can create "more diversity" using the Alive ORBAT creator, now that's fun, this feels like a wet blanket.. Hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, katipo66 said:

I don't see how I can incorporate this into any of my missions meaningfully, other than probably shooting at them :) 

I've played the couple of Showcases and few missions of the campaign, and so far IMHO they did it in a really clever way. I won't spoil anything, but it's all intertwined with the plot. 

I'm having a great time, quite a different kind of fps storytelling. So far, one of the BI's best together with the bootcamp mini-campaign and the OFP campaign - The East Wind was also really good IMHO -. 

Well, well, well!  What have we here?  Looks interesting - opening up some more game modes.  Also opens up questions ..... how many civs can you save, what are 'acceptable' casualties?

i have finished the campaign in around 3.5h (could have done it faster)

small spoiler

Spoiler

and i'm still not done

damn you BIS for pointing out, that the work is never done

it had some very nice ideas, and i really like the story.

there were a few things that i found could need improvement:

Spoiler

a GPS would be nice

when you are in the memory scenes, you have to walk away, and sometimes ways are blocked, so you have to walk the other way out. bet would be to make it possible to go back to the "present" by holding return again.

the major in the defense mission doesn't move to the escape on his own. (he moved first, when i was almost at the road)

I'd really appreciate the ability to add the Blue Beacons to the non-ambulance variants of the van. This would be the icing on the cake for Roleplay Servers.

5cEMINX.png

Also, there is no option for Orange secondary beacon lights for civilian vehicles 

kGUwFQq.png

I know these are really nitpicky additions to great content, but it'd be greeeeeat for RP servers

Awesome campaign so far! I'm really enjoying it. Great job with the mission placed objects to create the various atmospheres!

One thing I noticed in one of the early parts of it that I think could be improved.

Spoiler

I might have missed a clue but when calling in the plane I felt like it was unclear if I was calling in the plane from that direction or if the plane was flying towards that direction. This resulted in me dropping half the supplies into the ocean the first time. In other words, instructions unclear, dropped humanitarian aid into the ocean. It might have just been me missing a detail though. Fun level! Reminded me of one of the old Takistan ones a bit.

Am I the only one confused? It's all about being humane and not killing disarmed, sick, surrendered, injured, or incapacitated enemies, but how the heck do we disarmed them or make them surrender? There is all this documentation about laws of war, but how do we follow them if the enemies just die when we shoot them? I'm sure I'm missing the point here. An explanation would help thank you.

• Like 2

This campaign makes me angry, because it is done in a very simple creative way that I couldnt think of by myself. :>

Especially the narrator allows for more varied missions without needing any additional voice actors at all, which is great.

This is one of these "you can only do it once"-ideas and every fan made campaign in similar style will just look like a lazy copycat now. :>

• Like 2

I so hoped that  "Orange DLC"  is it from "agent orange". That we will receive chemical weapons, gas masks, chemical protective clothing. We can make attacks through infected territories and poison the entrenched rats in bunkers.  :dozingoff:

Sorry, but it was said since day one that "Orange" comes from the studio being set in the Netherlands and not from chemical weapons or w/e.

i know about Netherlands  studio. But they also did not say anything refuting, only "this is secret from Amsterdam"  :-)  I did not expect that the military simulator will develop into a peacekeeping.  Chemistry and nuclear strikes in arma - is my pink dreams :yummy:

25 minutes ago, asys said:

i know about Netherlands  studio. But they also did not say anything refuting, only "this is secret from Amsterdam"  :-)  I did not expect that the military simulator will develop into a peacekeeping.  Chemistry and nuclear strikes in arma - is my pink dreams :yummy:

The subject for the scenario is possible. False orange (the bad people who are changed clothes in orange), want to poison the region.
Your task - to find and define bad people, to find their base and communications.... to neutralize and to return orange honest reputation.

15 hours ago, Rich_R said:

Do I spy a projector screen in the preview pics of the new DLC? It would be great to have it compatible with ACEs slideshow module ;)

Looking forward to this DLC.

Hi Rich_R,

The screens shown in the trailer and screenshots were added with the APEX Expansion, you can find these in the editor under the names:

- Rugged Large Screen

- Rugged Dual Screen (Horizontal)

- Rugged Dual Screen (Vertical)