xxgetbuck123

Laws of War DLC Feedback

G'day

Thought I'd quickly create this for people to provide feedback for the DLC if you're trying it on the Dev Branch, also as other DLCs have had their feedback threads. I'm downloading the update now, but just reading that there is cluster bombs has gotten me a chub, so I'm keen!

EDIT: Unless a Dev of course wants to do their own official DLC feedback thread, that go ahead and do that! All good :) 

Thought I'd quickly create this for people

This is it? You have nothing to contribute and cant read either?

Relevant feedback threads are being opened for various sub-topics.

"hey guys i just came here to say that i'm first" ...

First of all, congratulation for the dev release of LoW dlc!!! :smile_o:

Judging from the trailer and website, the dlc is more or less what i was expecting it to be.

I'm a bit concerned though, that the website does not mention expanded medical system (?), as it would be an obvious fit for the theme of the dlc and is still one of the most needed features imo.

Also i was expecting the new faction to be more similar to UN peacekeepers, so that they would still be a fighting force to some degree. For the campaign a more civilian faction is probably a nice change from the usual gameplay, but i fear, that in the general sandbox of arma there won't be too much use of the faction aside from decorative and/or AI use.

Hopefully the devs can surprise me with gameplay value of the new faction not only in scripted scenarios but also in a non-scripted envrionment. I could fe. imagine some units of the faction carrying small arms for self defense but have "enemy" AI not shooting them, because of a potential new ROE setting. However this cease-fire ROEwould not be hard-coded alliance, but could be broken, if f.e. the enemy AI feels intimidated by aggresive player behaviour.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, x3kj said:

This is it? You have nothing to contribute and cant read either?

"hey guys i just came here to say that i'm first" ...

Lol look at this guy, acting all high and mighty haha.

I'm a passionate Arma supporter and thought I'd made a feedback thread for the community seeing as though I was on the forums like 30mins after it dropped and I saw no BI thread in the meantime.... I'm hoping you can read as well, as I did state I was in the middle of downloading the Dev Build update so I was unable to provide feedback, however, in the case that someone else had gotten to test things out earlier there was a thread for them to give feedback on, until of course the BI devs do their threads. Also, I'm hoping you can read for a 2nd time now, that I did state that if the BI Devs wanted to use their threads then that is fine by me. This was just another alternative for people to give feedback. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Jumping to conclusions is a bad thing my friend, you expect too much, with too little insight. 

• Like 1

deleted the old news

Edited by FireWalker

2 hours ago, twistking said:

I'm a bit concerned though, that the website does not mention expanded medical system (?), as it would be an obvious fit for the theme of the dlc and is still one of the most needed features imo.

Yup, unfortunately it seems no medical system expansion made it into the DLC :/

Love the new leaflet function ;) Overall, the DLC looks awesome.

6 minutes ago, Blafirelli said:

Yup, unfortunately it seems no medical system expansion made it into the DLC :/

That is a bummer. Seemed like a good opportunity to at least make it work with AI =/

• Like 2

While I love the changes to the mine detection system, I don't like the way mines can be defused instantly. Would it be possible to defuse mines via a Hold Action? The time it takes to defuse a mine, visual appearance and sound could be defined in (for example) CfgMineDefusion where it could be edited by modders. We could even have different times for different types of mines.

That way, you think twice whether you want to defuse a minefield while enemies could come around every second.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@R3vo I always love your feedback and want to make sure it gets seen. We have two dev created stickies for this DLC up top. This one should probably be closed.

Didn't notice that this wasn't an official thread :D

• Like 1

On 11/08/2017 at 5:48 AM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@R3vo I always love your feedback and want to make sure it gets seen. We have two dev created stickies for this DLC up top. This one should probably be closed.

@Admin/Moderator. Yea you can close/lock this. This was purely here for the intermission between the Dev Branch Update and the Dev Threads, as I wasn't too sure how long they would take to get them all up. 

Cheers.